INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marko's List of Bugs  (Read 1458 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Marko's List of Bugs
« on: April 03, 2005, 05:12:57 am »

[fixed]

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Marko's List of Bugs
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 01:52:44 pm »

I would consider browsing to an .m3u playlist internally (or externally in explorer) and double clicking it sends mjextman.exe into an infinite loop that can only be broken by restarting MC to be a bug. (m3u handling appears to be broken now)

Fixed next build. (added new data type 'Playlist', so will require an Update from Tags on the playlist files to fix)

Split Views: (all split view testing is done using 2 splits as I don't have the screen real-estate to make 3 a feasable choice)

Open 2 different playlists. Notice that the album art for the selected file is displayed in both playlist headers.

Fixed next build.

Using "customise current view" while in MC's internal "My Computer" tree.
Browse to a folder, then set the columns and sorting etc then choose save this view for this location.
The view is saved across the entire "My Computer" tree node. Browsing to a different location and setting the view up differently there, and then saving for this location overwrites the save just made in the previous step.

Currently it's by design to not allow that fine of granularity.  It's debateable whether this is the right or wrong decision. (it's less powerful, but easier to use)

When in playing now and using either G-Force or Whitecap vizualisations, focus is lost when the display control bar auto-hides or appears. This has really frustrating kickbacks when doing anything menu releated or any field editing, the control bar autohides, and poof, the list gone or the edit is entered, half done.

thread, crosslinked to the soundspectrum forums ---> here

This one is a head scratcher, since it only affects G-Force.  We're still looking...

Thanks Marko.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 02:57:12 pm »

A workaround that would help me would be to know how to target girder at the full screen vis i.e. G-Force.  If I could do this I could initiate various commands in G-Force without reaching for the mouse.  The problem is there is no way to target girder at the full screen as you can't see girder when the vis are full screen.
JLee

WolfWalker

• Galactic Citizen
connecting (dialup)upon startup
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 03:54:33 pm »

every time I start MC it wants to connect to the internet it will chat with whom ever then just stops, if I do not let it connect it freezes the whole program.  Is there a way to stop this.

This build is very slow on my machine, scrolling goes alittle bit wait 5 seconds then scrolls.

Media Center Registered 11.0.230 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1472 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 183 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2573 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2578 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive H: CREATIVEDVD-ROM DVD1610E  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive I: SONY    CD-RW  CRX195E1   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive I: SONY     CD-RW  CRX195E1    Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
So much music so little time!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 04:33:40 pm »

Turn off check for updates and tell MC to start in Media Library.
Pages: [1]   Go Up