INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Instant" searching with the Search box not working?  (Read 1161 times)

Grappik

• I'm a llama!
"Instant" searching with the Search box not working?
« on: April 03, 2005, 12:15:42 am »

I have been using Media Center for years, I mainly use the search box to find songs I am looking for.  On my main computer, all is fine.  I type in some text, and the database is updating instantly as I type.  The problem comes in on my other computer here in the house.  When I type in the search box, nothing happens as I type.  It takes a few seconds to update the database after I type.

I've tried searching the forum for this problem, but either no one has had the problem, or I did not use the right search terms.

Is there some hidden option somewhere to enable this functionality?  The two computers are almost identical.

Thanks for any help with this problem.

-Grappik

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
Re: "Instant" searching with the Search box not working?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 07:11:56 am »

I get this too.  How many files are in your library and is the library on a network drive?
JLee

Grappik

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 08:39:37 pm »

The library is on a local drive on each computer (a different library for each computer)...  And I have about 4000 songs on the computer that the search is working on, and 2000 on the computer that it is not working on.  So, the problem computer actually has less songs on it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 09:29:16 pm »

By design, the delay is longer with large libraries.

Search for "~d=a" to see all the files in the library.  Maybe there are a lot of CD or other files in the database that doesn't respond as quickly.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up