INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11.0.230 Deleting Save Games from PSP  (Read 2622 times)

gbdesai

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
11.0.230 Deleting Save Games from PSP
« on: April 03, 2005, 05:44:38 pm »

I hooked up my PSP and made sure the sync options don't have delete anything checked in the various configuration options, but when I sync it always deletes a good deal of my saved game data.  Any ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: 11.0.230 Deleting Save Games from PSP
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 07:50:52 pm »

We'll take a look at this.

For now, don't use "sync".  Just transfer what you need.

SteveG

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 12:31:30 pm »

Are you sure it is deleted or just not visible. Try manually browsing on the PSP via Explorer to see if the files are there where you expect them.

Steve

gbdesai

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 01:14:23 pm »

No they were gone.  It left some files, but on the PSP the icons and backgrounds related to the Save Games were gone as was what the PSP called the "Data".  The placeholder for the save is there, but when I opened a game and tried to load it told me "No Data Found" or something very close to that.   I restored from a ZIP file that I made before I tried the sync and things went back to normal.  I can reproduce it everytime.  I may be able to send you a list of files that get axed each time when I get home tonight if that would help...

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 10:56:38 am »

What is the name of the directory where this data is stored (as found via Windows Explorer)?  If you drag and drop an audio  file to the PSP at the directory where MC is storing music files via explorer, and then disconnect, is the same data lost?

Steve

gbdesai

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 11:14:26 am »

I'll try that when I get home, but I'm pretty sure it is just going to happen with the sync process.  I remember always seeing a DELETING [INSERT FILENAME] pop up during a sync.  I have to try the drag and drop and see what happens.  Do you want two ZIP files, one with the pre-sync SAVEGAME directory and one with the post-sync SAVEGAME directory?  I can ZIP using full paths so you can see exactly what is deleted and from where.

SteveG

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2005, 12:00:32 pm »

When you try, please try with the next build (232). Some options were not getting saved correctly and perhaps when you deselected 'Delete unselected files' it did not get saved. This more likely than not would have occurred using Tools->Options->Handheld.

Steve

gbdesai

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 10:46:54 pm »

No good news to report.  I tried with both 232 and 233 to no avail.  I made two ZIP files with my save games. 

First one is the original before sync SAVEGAME directory structure, you can grab it at:

http://www.umaandgautam.com/jriver/PSP_SAVEDATA_050407.zip

The second file is the same directory structure after the sync,

http://www.umaandgautam.com/jriver/PSP_SAVEDATA_050407_After_MC11_0_233_Sync.zip

I even deleted all syncable devices and left just the PSP and made sure none of the delete files from device related options were checked off.  I even flipped them on exited MC11 and came back in unchecked them, exited and tried again.

I hope we can resolve this.  Thanks again.

Gautam

SteveG

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2005, 12:02:39 pm »

Gautam,

I did more work on what I think is causing this today although I did not test your specific problem. Please get 234 and then before you sync, go in the registry and verify that in Current User\Software\JRiver\Media Center 11\Portable Devices\PSP  the 'Delete During Sync' option is set to '0' if you have disabled deleting files during synchronization.

Thanks.

Steve

gbdesai

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2005, 02:47:12 pm »

Will do, thanks again for looking into this Steve.

gbdesai

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2005, 07:28:40 pm »

Ok.  I installed 234 and saw that the "Delete During Sync" key was 0.  It doesn't delete my files now, but I have a new problem.  The Handheld Progress action window never completes even after the last file syncs.  It just stays at 100% with a certain number of seconds left.  Only thing to do is hit the cancel button.  When I sync again (nothing new to sync) the action window just shows 0% complete and stays there doing nothing, again only cancel gets me out.

Fortunately, it actually does the sync, just never exits the dialog.

SteveG

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2005, 07:29:10 pm »

Sorry about that. I addressed it in another thread. It is already fixed and will be better in the next build.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up