INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A couple of questions  (Read 857 times)

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
A couple of questions
« on: April 04, 2005, 03:21:07 pm »

1. Is there a way to specify what "color" highlights albums choosen in the album thumbnail view?. Last night i ended up accidently deleting 10 albums because i couldnt see that the were still highlighted from a previous operation i did on them. The skin i was using was thunderstorm, it highlights albums in a dark red against a black background, very hard to see and very dangerous.

2. Last night i imported 10 albums from a previously imported folder and after that operation mc11 then ran some kind of another operation, something about checking all files for external changes or something. I have never moved any files in my directories and have never seen the program do this before, what is it about?

I am not at my home computer now which has mc11, i believe i am running build 228 but not sure.

Terry

RobOK

• Citizen of the Universe
  • long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
Re: A couple of questions (update from external changed files)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 08:57:44 am »

2. Last night i imported 10 albums from a previously imported folder and after that operation mc11 then ran some kind of another operation, something about checking all files for external changes or something. I have never moved any files in my directories and have never seen the program do this before, what is it about?

This really almost burned me bad.  Luckily MC takes a library backup before doing this.  There is a checkbox on the Import Media dialog box that controls this (although if you kick off the import from a windows Context menu I'm not sure you will see this.  I think these Options should also be available from the options panels but currently they are not).

For me, I have hundreds of albums that are read only with a checksum file and I want to keep them that way.   So when I make tag updates on this section of my library, I update MC database but I leave the actual files alone and get an error message in MC on  purpose. All fine.

This NEW procedure (or perhaps newly defaulted to being "on" by default?) thought that these were all "external updates" and made over 3000 updates to my library.  Worse, during that whole time the CANCEL button did not work.  This has never happened on an Import for me before.  Ugh.

I was able to restore and move along but it was not expected behavior. 

Resolution:  uncheck the option box.

Pages: [1]   Go Up