INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.234 Beta Available  (Read 6564 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.234 Beta Available
« on: April 08, 2005, 12:04:58 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your bug reports, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't fully support it.  If you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

For a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110234.exe

Please post bugs you're sure about here.  Anything else and especially anything that requires an answer should be posted in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0.  Thanks.  -- JimH

Recent Changes
Encoder settings may need to be re-set:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;topic=26527.0

11.0.234 (4/8/05)

1. Fixed: Not all settings for Portables were being individualized correctly.
2. Changed: Auto sync on connection of portable devices is enabled.
3. Changed: Reset of Portable devices will clear all registry settings for Portables.

11.0.233 (4/7/05)

1. Fixed: On a fresh install, thumbnails would not persist between sessions until viewing Options once.
2. Fixed: Slowness transferring files from Nomad and Dell devices to the PC.
3. Fixed: Slowness during analysis of files to be transferred to handhelds.
4. Fixed: When rewinding reached the beginning of the buffer, TV in Time-shifting mode took a long time to resume normal play.
5. Fixed: Rewinding would not work when TV in Time-shifting mode was playing very close to live TV.
6. Fixed: Audio from an analog channel would be played when TV was started playing a digital channel.
7. Fixed: TV would not import recording from ATI HDTV Wonder device.
8. Fixed: Thumbnail viewing of jpg files from portable devices.
9. Fixed: Transcoded CD burning is working again (the "MP3 CD or DVD" choice in the CD burning droplist).

11.0.232 (4/5/05)

1. Fixed: When viewing a folder with MC's "My Computer" area, data files could get their system "date modified" updated to the current date.
2. Fixed: Some portable options selected in Tools->Options->Handheld were not being saved properly per device.
3. Fixed: iPod long filename and foreign character added and corrected.
4. Fixed: Time zone and daylight savings time shifts could cause MC to wrongly detect external changes during import.
5. Fixed: Some DVDs would not play
6. Fixed: DVDs that had a menu that's not on the menu domain would not work
properly. (The Incredibles : Bonus Disc, etc.)

11.0.231 (4/4/05)

1. Changed: Playlist selection for synchronization is now unique for each portable device.
2. Fixed: In some cases, Mini View buttons would not draw properly.
3. Fixed: When viewing two views with view headers at once and selecting a file, the view header image of both views would change.
4. Fixed: Improved tagging mode / pane flow when viewing two library views at once.
5. Fixed: Imported playlists would not play properly. (requires Update Library from Tags on imported playlists to fix)
6. Changed: Renamed Theater View "Exit" to "Full Screen."
7. Changed: Theater View default jump-on-play mode changed to "Full Screen."
8. Changed: When watching a video or image, it is no longer possible to change to other display plugins.
9. Fixed: Browsing in Media Library could leak memory. (only existed for a build or two)
10. Fixed: Portable drive custom path multiple display of 'device' in Action Window.
11. Fixed: Audible files now display correct bitrate.
12. NEW: Audible files now displays cover art.
13. Fixed: Error is triggered for "format 1" type Audible files (which cannot be played).

11.0.230 (4/1/05)

1. Changed: Theater View now allows screen savers to run. (still disabled in Full Screen by design)
2. NEW: Thumbnails stored locally for greatly enhanced performance with Media Server and network libraries.
3. NEW: Missing thumbnails are built during import to improve browsing experience.
4. Changed: Import log now integrated into main program logging. (Help > Configure Debug Logging...)
5. Changed: Thumbnails no longer stored as jpeg files. (helps performance since some virus checkers scan jpg files)
6. Changed: When a file fails to thumbnail (video filters missing, etc.) MC will not reattempt to thumbnail the file.
7. Changed: Nomad and Dell plugins changed to only show errors at end of the transfer. No intermediate dialogues.
8. Changed: Portable device detection and interaction optimization and modification.
9. Added: Support for MTP portable devices.
10. Fixed: Video playback for PSP
11. Fixed: File conversion for portables.
12. Fixed: Combo-box dropdown size too small in APE, TiVo Server and UPnP Server options dialogs.
13. Changed: Removed non-functional "Skip files of same type" encoding option in Handheld Options dialog. It will be replaced later with working version.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Animated Direct3D file browsing
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
Audible.com Store -- new features
Sony PSP support
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
Re: Media Center 11.0.234 Beta Available
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 12:23:24 pm »

When I go to 'Drives & Devices > My Computer' and right-click on a directry with mp3's and select 'Play', the songs will not be played in the order that they are shown in that directory.
And yes 'Shuffle = off'.
If I select all songs in that same directory, right-click on that selection and click 'Play', the songs are played in the order of the selection.
I'am sure in version 10 the behaviour was the same for both actions, and to my opinion it should.
I hope you agree.
Peter
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 01:56:15 pm »

When I go to 'Drives & Devices > My Computer' and right-click on a directry with mp3's and select 'Play', the songs will not be played in the order that they are shown in that directory.
And yes 'Shuffle = off'.
If I select all songs in that same directory, right-click on that selection and click 'Play', the songs are played in the order of the selection.
I'am sure in version 10 the behaviour was the same for both actions, and to my opinion it should.

I notice the same sort of thing when importing files into MC and that it is different than MC 10.  If I have unimported tracks in Playing Now that are in Album + Track # order and I import them, the Recently Imported list shows the newly imported tracks in some 'unknown' order (not the Albumt + Track # order they were in when I imported them) - it's random (it appears).

This never happened in MC 10.  I suspect MC 11 is using some internal list order or maybe each files last modification date order or something else.

Fixer

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 02:25:50 pm »

I have reported this strange looking import sort order for quite a while.  Someone here pointed out that the sort order seems to be in import order, check the import time field.

I would like the import sort order to follow my saved sort order for "all locations".

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 04:13:57 pm »

Bug:

Whenever I switch from G-Force back to any other visualization (2D, 3D, Cover Art, Track Info), Cover Art image is not loaded and the default MC11 logo is being displayed.

IanG

Loops with zero length audio
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 05:07:49 pm »

If an mpa or wav file is zero length, MC loops when it tries to import it.  Electing to ignore small files has no effect.

Ian G.

ralphberner

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2005, 01:41:45 am »

MC plays wma-files (lossless) very sticky since MC uses the new Windows Media codecs. So i cannot go beyond build 205 of MC. It takes long to buffer tracks when starting the playback. wma-files are played smooth in Windows Media Player 10. To be shure there is no mess on my PC, i tested it on a fresh installation of the OS.
------------------------------------------------------
System:
VIA Mini ITX Board Epia-M10000.
Soundcard RME-Audio Hammerfall HDSP 9632 (SPDIF used to connect to external D-A Converter).
Windows XP SP2 and supsquent autoupdates.
Mindows Media Player 10.
------------------------------------------------------
System-Info from MC:
Media Center Registered 11.0.205 -- C:\Programme\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Centaur Unknown 1126 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 490 MB, Free - 265 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2573 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2578 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     DW-224E-A          Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2005, 03:38:45 am »

A strange one.

Editing a track which is in MC's library in another application and then running "import files" to make sure that MC has recognised - say - the new length of the cut, gives the track a new track number of "207". Done this twice with different cuts. Everything else about the re-import looks to be OK.

John.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2005, 07:27:23 am »

A strange one.

Editing a track which is in MC's library in another application and then running "import files" to make sure that MC has recognised - say - the new length of the cut, gives the track a new track number of "207". Done this twice with different cuts. Everything else about the re-import looks to be OK.

John.

Have you done the same edit in different external tool then the import?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2005, 08:07:39 am »

Please use these threads for handheld problems:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=26981.0
or
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=26985.0

A few posts were moved there.

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2005, 10:30:56 am »

Have you done the same edit in different external tool then the import?

No I've used Sound Forge 7 both times.

If I have time I'll try Audition 1.5.

John.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2005, 09:31:01 pm »

VIEW SCHEME USING AN EXPRESSION
============================
Semicolon Delimited Library Fields are not being handled correctly when used in a View Scheme Expression.

I have created a Library Field (List, semicolon delimited) called Artists

I have created the following expression in a view scheme

If(IsEqual([Artists],, 1), AlbumArtist(), [Artists])

This is outputting  "artist1;artist2", so the [Artists] librbary field isn't being treated as a list.

So I get something like:

(multiple artists)
Abba
ACDC
Sting
Tommy;James Morrison
Vince Jones

Instead of;
(multiple artists)
Abba
ACDC
James Morrison
Sting
Tommy
Vince Jones

Note:  Putting "Artists" in the view without using an expression works fine, it's just when the result is returned via the expression method that it doesn't work.

THEATER VIEW
============
1) Playing Now  - the track list doesn't scroll as the green arrow showing the currently playing track moves down, so the arrow vanishes when it gets further down the listing.

2) Green arrow takes a long time to update when jumping to another track

3) When using "Toggle Zone" a couple of things don't update correctly:

a) The title bar doesn't refresh until the cursor is moved.  I have used [Zone] in my title bar so I know which zone I am changing, when I press "Toggle Zone" this doesn't update until I press something else.

b) When in Playing Now view and you press "Toggle Zone" the information at the bottom updates, but the track listing doesn't update,  You have to press "Playing Now" to get the track list to update.  Both should update together.

Richard

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2005, 12:13:42 am »

No I've used Sound Forge 7 both times.

If I have time I'll try Audition 1.5.

John.
Well, I don't know what type or what edits you've done.
So, I used a tool to cut the length of an MP3. I checked the tagging, length, etc with foobar and all was well. I then dropped the file into MC Playing Now.
It had the proper info.

If I did not do as you have done, let me know exactly and I'll give it a try here.

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2005, 11:16:38 am »

I noticed asn important bug in Theater view which mut have been introduced since renaming the "EXIT" Button into "FULL SCREEN":

If I pressed EXIT in Theather view, this led to Full Screen, and pressing "OK" on a remote control would bring me back to Theater View.

Now, once I leave to Full Screen mode, I am stuck there cannot return to Theater View by pressing any remote button.

Would be great if you could repair this back to where it was before.

Thanks

scthom

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2005, 03:25:30 pm »

Some strange happenings while installing recent versions and changing encoder plugins....

When installing various versions (221, 228, 234), using the custom install setting does not require a Windows reboot, and installs all of the encoder plugins correctly.  When doing a "default" install, the same versions require a reboot and do not get all of the encoder plugins installed.  Adding them manually afterwords still does not get them installed.

A second issue is that if you go to the options page (encoder settings) and switch from whichever encoder plugin is already there to just about any other, MC crashes if you hit OK, sometimes when you hit "Advanced" for the configuration page.  Sometimes it doesn't crash, though, and I haven't figured out why.

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2005, 04:43:25 pm »

The last 3 or 4 builds have asked me to reboot after the install.  Not sure if this is intended, or a problem with my system.

For many many versions, the installer, and the program itself forces association with "Audio Playlists (m3u,pls,xpl,bpl)".  No matter how many times I deselect Audio Playlists, MC still takes ownership of these files. 

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2005, 11:07:22 pm »

1. DVDs don’t show up in the media library. They show up and can be played from Drives and Devices, but can’t be imported. For example I can playthe VTS_01_1 file from drives and devices and even change the “Name” and Genre” fields, but when I select import into library the file doesn’t import. No error, it just doesn’t show up in the Media Library section of the tree.

2. Can’t play a DVD from a network share. The same DVD plays fine from a local hard drive.

3. There is no ability to access common DVD commands (e.g. menu, change audio track, subtitles, etc.) by keypresses (or any other means that would allow a remote control to be used to while playing a DVD).  Without this, DVDs are not playable (for any practical purposes) in Theaterview.

4. DVD playback automatically resumes at last location. Although this is an improvement over putting up a normal dialog box to ask, this is problematic behavior for two reasons: (i) in Theaterview there still appears to be no way to easily get to the DVD main menu using a remote (see #3), and (ii) is selecting from a library of ripped DVDs (which is problematic now, see #1 and #2) there should be a way to have the default behavior be to play from the start. Preferably after selecting the file in Theaterview, a user could be presented with Theaterview style popup menu (e.g., much like the choice to open, play, add, select after selecting a music album) allowing the choice to start from the beginning or the last location.

5. The removable field is not filled in when items are imported

6. Bitrate field for all MPEG video files is shown as some large number that bears no correspondence to the actual bitrate.

7. When moving photos to another location within “Drives and Devices” the photos are moved, but often the view of the folder the files were moved from is not updated properly (e.g. some of the moved files are still shown, but with an X through the thumbnail showing that the underlying file is no longer present). This occurs when moving files between network shares (where I keep my photos). I think all that should be necessary to fix this problem would be doing a refresh when the move is complete.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2005, 10:40:11 am »

I noticed asn important bug in Theater view which mut have been introduced since renaming the "EXIT" Button into "FULL SCREEN":

If I pressed EXIT in Theather view, this led to Full Screen, and pressing "OK" on a remote control would bring me back to Theater View.

Now, once I leave to Full Screen mode, I am stuck there cannot return to Theater View by pressing any remote button.

Would be great if you could repair this back to where it was before.

Thanks

This shortcut had to be removed because some DVDs need the enter key even when they're not in a menu.  Instead, map "Theater View: Home" as one of your remote buttons.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2005, 11:22:27 am »

Well, I don't know what type or what edits you've done.
So, I used a tool to cut the length of an MP3. I checked the tagging, length, etc with foobar and all was well. I then dropped the file into MC Playing Now.
It had the proper info.

If I did not do as you have done, let me know exactly and I'll give it a try here.

I've just imported 3 WAV files into MC11 using Import Media and tagged them. Then converted them to MP3 using the MC convertor. Then I opened them up in Sound Forge 7 and upped the left channel volume and cut the front end silence by a second or so.

Then I ran Import Media again and MC reported - correctly - that 3 files had external changes. All the tagging excpet the track# was fine - this had been altered to "207" from 1 or 2 or 3 that I had tagged.

Has never happend wit hany build prior to this one. I've imported media in just about all MC builds.

John.

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2005, 05:03:17 pm »

>> This shortcut had to be removed because some DVDs need the enter key even when they're not in a menu.  Instead, map "Theater View: Home" as one of your remote buttons.

Thanks for info. I mapped a workaround.

B
Pages: [1]   Go Up