INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iriver H340  (Read 3896 times)

basabasa

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
iriver H340
« on: April 11, 2005, 03:51:40 pm »

My iriver H340 would not show up on my media center 10.0.0.155. Does anyone have the plugin for the H340. How can I get my H340 to sync with my mediacenter 10......

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: iriver H340
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 11:21:22 am »

How does the H340 appear to your PC? As a fixed or removable drive?

Steve

basabasa

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 12:14:02 pm »

There are two USB ports on the H340, Media port and data port. If you want to connect as hard drive you use Data port, but for connection to sync with your multimedia software you use the media port. I don't have any problem with the data port. My problem is the media port and when I connect thru the media port I don't see it listed. If I connect thru the Data port I see it listed as a drive . With the Data port I cannot transfer my playlist from Media Center to the H340. To Answer your question it is connected as a removable drive.

plopje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 04:32:21 pm »

basabasa,

Your description indicates that you have the US-version of the iRiver. That means that is works as a WMDM-device on the media-port and it should automaticaly be recognized. It should also work as a device in Windows Media Player 10.

If you connect it to the data-port, and it is not visible als handheld in MC10, then you first have to set the label of the iRiver in the options for the removable drive-plugin. Look for the label in the Windows Explorer (mine is called "H300"). Press F5 to let MC10 rescan the devices and that should do the job.

basabasa

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 08:34:48 am »

plopje,
Yes, I do have the US version. Even though I have enabled support for WMDM in MC10 It still does not recognize the device. However if I connect thru data port I do see the device listed as H300 in my MC10. I want to be able to connect thru media port so I can transfer playlists and synchronize.

plopje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 05:46:52 pm »

basabasa,

Did you update your H340 with new firmware? Firmware for the European or Korean versions of the iRiver support movie-playback but after updating the WMDM-compatibility is lost.

basabasa

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 12:26:03 pm »

No. I have not upgraded with any firmware upgrade. Infact there is no firmware upgrade for the US version. I called Iriver support and what they said was that the media port can only be recognized by Windows Media Player 10. Not Media Center. Does your Media Center recognize the H340 thru the media port?

plopje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 12:39:37 pm »

basabasa,

I have the European version, so there is no media-port and no WMDM. Instead, the second usb port serves as OTG (USB On-The-Go) port. I can connect a digital camera or other mass-storage device to upload files to the iRiver. Very handy if you want to use the iRiver as a digital photo-wallet.

basabasa

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 02:19:47 pm »

plopje,
That sounds good. So how do you create playlists for your H340?

avenger107

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2005, 08:31:51 am »

I have the same iRiver, US version.
The Korean firmware can be installed on the US version, but you will loose the clock and DRM. The DRM is not recoverable, even if you reinstall the default US firmware. I don't think that "USB on the go" works on the US versions for both hardware and firmware reasons.

Personally, I always use the data port because it is much faster. There are several tools that can create playlists on the iRiver itself. My favorite is Tag Database Tool: http://tdt.sourceforge.net/ , a free utility that can auto create playlists based on rules you set up.

There is quite a bit of information in the forums of this iRiver fansite: http://www.misticriver.net/

basabasa

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2005, 09:53:29 am »

Avenger107,
thanks a lot. I will use the data port then and download the TDT software for my playlist creation on the H340. That's great, thanks. But, nonetheless synching with media center would have been the best that way anytime I update my music library the H340 will be updated accordingly anytime I connect it to the media port.

avenger107

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2005, 10:14:22 am »

You make a good point.  It would be best if MC reconized the device using the media port.  MC11 does not reconize it either.

MC 11 does have a feature in Handheld Options: "Configure remote and fixed drives for detection"  Once you define the root music folder and the playlist folder on your iRiver and give it a name in MC you can then set "Configure transfer options" to  "Auto-sync player and my library when device is plugged in".

I don't remember if this same option was available in MC10, but this might get you closer to what you are looking for.

basabasa

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2005, 08:19:41 am »

Avenger107,
Thanks again. I don't think the MC10 has anything like that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up