INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a way to set a default current view  (Read 937 times)

twriter

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Is there a way to set a default current view
« on: April 12, 2005, 01:48:40 pm »

Since MJ8 I've been customizing each and every view, each time I rip a new album or make a new playlist. I'm wondering, because I can't find a way (either in the UI or the help) if there's a way to set a default view.

For example, in playlists, the default fields viewed, in order, are Seq, Name, Artist, Album, Rating, Genre, Track, Duration, Bitrate, File Type, Date Filename.

I never want to see Rating, Genre, and Filename in any lists. I do want Album Artist (auto) and Composer, and I want Track # first (or second, if a Seq field is appropriate). I want the default order in all views to be Seq. (if appropriate), Track #, Name, Artist, Album, Album Artist (auto), Composer, Date, Duration, Bitrate, File Type. Is there a way to set this as the default?

I'm normally a MC10 user but I'm giving MC11beta a spin. Thanks!

ddaro

• Recent member
Re: Is there a way to set a default current view
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 07:50:57 pm »

I'm not sure about a way to define the default... I'd love to know one. To help out (not solve but help) I defined a custom view preset. Then when I need to redo my custom views instead of having to click away adding and removing fields I just load my preset and apply it. A few less clicks this way.

1. Select Custom View
2. Set it just the way you want it.
3. Click on the Preset button, just below "Move Down", the select "Save". Give the current custom view some name, i.e. MyAudioView.

Thats it. Now from the Custom View option you can click on the same Preset button, load your view definition and apply it to the current view.

Defining a default would be great if anyone knows how to do that.

twriter

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 01:02:43 pm »

Thanks. Great tip.

I think I may have found a way to do what I want; we'll see if this holds true for newly ripped CDs.

Under that in the Customize Current View dialog box there's a View Management group. When I click Save This View, one of the choices is For All Locations. I selected that and got a warning that it'd remove other custom views. But once I set one view to how I want it, that's the way I want it pretty much everywhere. So I'm giving that a try in addition to saving a custom view to apply.

ddaro

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 01:16:49 pm »

Yes that works too. I do that first as it covers all but two of my views. Then I use the preset to deal with the few that are different.
Pages: [1]   Go Up