INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two smartlist questions  (Read 766 times)

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
Two smartlist questions
« on: April 14, 2005, 12:19:41 pm »

There still seems to be a library field called Filename(Path), which I used in a few smartlists back in MC10.  Now, though, I can't seem to limit the smartlist to a specific directory/subdirectories anymore.  Is there something I've missed, or is this where I should be using the new database expressions ?

Also, I like to listen to a lot of random music, but I'm looking for a way to control the amount of time between the dates of the current and next track.  Right now, I could be listening to 2005 Green Day and the next track is 1974 Paul Simon.  What I'd like is a way to make sure the next track is X years in either direction of the previous track.  That way, it could drift up and down a musical timeline.

Also, can the database expressions be used in smartlists ?
Any assistance would be appreciated.

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Two smartlist questions
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 01:48:02 pm »

One more question/request: Is it possible to get a window to work on Smartlists with, as opposed to using the single line sandwiched between the upper window and the track list ?  Without a scrollbar, it's very difficult to see anything of any appreciable length.  I've got a few lists that are have quite a few parameters, but on most of them, I'm lucky if I can see five of them.

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Two smartlist questions
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 02:14:09 pm »

I've got one here that I use, it's pretty basic, but gets the job done....

It's called "notepad.exe" :D
I actually use the same file for all my smartlist building, the theory was that each one got finalised the file would develop into a saved list of useful searches. You should see it though, a total mess, LOL. When I open it these days, I see the mess, make a note that I must tidy it up, then nip down to a clean bit at the bottom and so it goes on, then, when it goes into MC, if it's not quite right and I can fine tune it directly, I will, but then never update the txt file with the finished search.
does the job for getting them built though.

-marko

It's a great idea, Marko, and I'm definitely going to try it, but I'd still like to see something actually built-in for this.  One of the main reasons I use MC11 is the Smartlist capabilities, especially now that we have the database expressions (which I'm admittedly still grappling with).  But it definitely needs a more user friendly interface.
Pages: [1]   Go Up