INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11 handles compilation CDs differently?  (Read 1131 times)

Myron

• World Citizen
MC11 handles compilation CDs differently?
« on: April 21, 2005, 08:51:23 am »

Last night I was ripping some CDs and noticed a difference in the way MC11 handled track info lookup compared to MC10.

On one compilation CD (Siddharta: Spirit of Buddha Bar, Vol. 2) MC10 found artist info correctly for all the tracks while MC11 did not find individual artist info. 

On another CD (Kill Bill, Vol. 2), both MC10 and MC11 came back with the same info for all fields.

I tend to buy a lot of compilation CDs so this one is quite important for me.

Has anything changed in MC11 that would explain this?  If so, it's a step backward...

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: MC11 handles compilation CDs differently?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 11:25:15 am »

Hi Myron,

Nothing has changed, so that suprises me. Could you double check? Note the time you are doing the lookups as accurately as possible and post them here, I'll see what's going on.

j

Myron

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 11:43:52 am »

John,

Thanks for the reply.

I'll try this tonight when I get home and let you know...

What I can add right now is that I tried this a couple of times with the same results.  The firts time the YADB lookups were perhaps a few minutes apart.  The next time they were done within the same minute.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 12:01:27 pm »

I just need the time to help me track it down in the logs - it doesn't matter if the two lookups are done seconds or hours apart.

j

Myron

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 06:24:33 pm »

John,

Well this reminds of the 3 Stooges episode where Curly sees a ghost and tries to get Moe to see it as well - except every time Moe looks up the ghost in not in sight.

I tried the same CD that came up with different track info between MC10 and MC11 last night, but this time I got the same info in both!  I noted the time at which the CD drawer was closed in each case: 6:56:45 for MC10 and 7:01:20 for MC11.  Times are based on the NIST clock and are EDT (UMT -4:00).

I tried a few times and got the complete info in MC 11 each time.

Anyway, if I see this again I'll ley you know and try to supply the time as well...
Pages: [1]   Go Up