INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT -- Any mud on your shoes?  (Read 1252 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
OT -- Any mud on your shoes?
« on: April 20, 2005, 07:03:21 pm »

It's spring in Minnesota now.  The marsh we live on thawed out a couple weeks ago and for the last week the frogs are chirping all night.  It's a nice sound with the window open.

We moved last fall and the place had no garden, so over the winter I spent some time cutting out Buckthorn and Boxelder to clear a place to plant some things.

It's all mud now, but every night or two, I go down there to chop a few stumps out.  It's slow going, but it's nice to look back on the progress.

Next week, a few things will get planted, but in Minnesota, we can get a frost even in May, so the tomatoes don't go in for a while and when you plant them, you put half in and wait a week or two.

Anybody else enjoying this spring?

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
Re: OT -- Any mud on your shoes?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 07:25:42 am »

I wish!

We're heading into winter over here in Australia, although it was 31C a few days ago in Sydney so maybe summer has forgotten to leave.

Richard

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 09:46:50 am »

Here in Maine (which shares many climate aspects with Minnesota it seems) we are well into Mud Season.  While we don't have Spring here, we do still have four seasons.  Leaf Peeper Season, Winter, Mud Season, and August.  My back yard is in full shoe-eating mode...

However, this past week has been beautiful!  We actually had highs in the low 70's (using the rediculous Fahrenheit scale) the past few days.  Supposedly that's all over now though and we are back to a more-seasonable mid-50's highs and rain, rain, rain, rain...
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 10:08:00 am »

Well, I've been living in Mexico for the last 5 months or so.  The last 2 in Cuernavaca, which is knows as "The City of Eternal Spring".  It's currently 26 C with 39% humidity, and as always, a slight breeze.  It will probably get to about 33 C today.  Tonight it will be breezy, with winds up to maybe 10 mph, just enough to keep the bugs away, not that there are many bugs.  In a month or so it will start to rain almost every night, but only at night, then after about 3 months of rain, it goes back to the upper 20's, lower 30's every day of the year.

Sorry, no tomatos.  But I did see oranges for sale the other day in huge 50 kilo sacks for the incredible price of 30 pesos.  Yep, about $2.70 for 110 lbs of fresh picked oranges!!

It's horrible, somebody please help me get out of here. ;)
pretend this is something funny

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 10:41:07 am »

It's horrible, somebody please help me get out of here. ;)

I know!  It's tough to be you.   ;D

I forgot to mention...

On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday we had 68-72 degree highs.
On Sunday it was snowing all day.
Today they are calling for highs of 53 and lows of 28...
and rain for as far as the forecast can see.

You have any extra rooms down in Mexico?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 11:25:27 am »

You have any extra rooms down in Mexico?

Actually my friend and I are looking into buying a house down here that has 6 extra and seperate rooms built to house students, since Cuernavaca has a HUGE amount of students.

If it happens, I actually WILL have some extra room, 6 in fact.
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up