INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wrong cover art  (Read 1728 times)

pthay

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Wrong cover art
« on: April 06, 2005, 03:38:15 pm »

Since at least MC 10 and in this build as well, audio files without cover art become associated with a specific image, so that I end up with hundreds of audio files with the same "wrong" image.   

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Wrong cover art
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 06:51:46 am »

Try using "remove cover art" from the file on a few to see if that's the problem.

pthay

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 01:38:58 pm »

I've tried to remove the wrong cover art images, but they always re-appear -- I think after I scan my music directory to import new music files. 

Incidentally, the cover art image that becomes associated with these music files is the correct image for a couple of music files.  In any case,  will try to delete it completely from my hard drive and see what happens (though, in the past it was another album image -- correct for a couple of songs -- that became associated with several hundred of my music files without cover art).

I will look into it more and see if I can figure out what's going on.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 11:05:17 pm »

check to see if it a folder.jpg.  I think it is.  Also I have found that storing the cover art in the files themselves is much better organizationaly becuase MC for some reason seems to change names of the saved cover art in the coverart folder and then beocmes associated with the wrong audio file.  After I deleted all the files in the cover art folder, I have not had a problem since. ;D
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 07:38:50 am »

becuase MC for some reason seems to change names of the saved cover art in the coverart folder

i don't think this statement is true

however, if you use rename file name from properties or clean filename the media file can change from the orginal. this would make the image not have the same file name and then it will never find the art again if it gets un-linked.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

pthay

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 07:30:11 pm »

Datdude, I think you're right.  Although, I normally store cover art within files, I do 
have several hundred WMAs where this is not possible, and I think Folder.jpg is the problem.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 11:02:38 pm »

I tried out windows media player and it added these files wihtout my knowledge unitl someone else mentioned it here.  Unfortunately you can't delete them unless you use a program like 'explore xp' if i remember correctly which shows all the skeleton in the closet files that you never new windows kept. :o
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball
Pages: [1]   Go Up