INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transcode Internet Audio/Video for UpnP  (Read 1224 times)

MikeL

Transcode Internet Audio/Video for UpnP
« on: May 03, 2005, 12:24:14 pm »

I have just joined the forum as  I am really interested in finding a Media Player/UPnP server which amongst other things simply transcodes anything which is being played (or can be played) on my PC to my streamium Sl300i.  I am hoping That JRiver Media Center with UPnP Server may just eventually fit the bill.

At the moment there are so many possibilities using this or that Media server, but no one product seems to do it all neatly. (Played around with PMM, Twonky, MM, WMC, MediaHome etc)

I have already read Myrons and Wals recent threads with regard to Internet Audio and Video respectively and it looks like the streamiums support is currently patchy in places. (Or should that be the streamiums UPnP & format support causes problems for MC etc?)

If we could get the internet "Radio transcoding to mp3 and Video transcoding to Mpeg4" operating with the streamiums, for latest Windows/Reals formats this would be of great interest to myself and I imagine many others.

Hope I am not being to unrealistic in my requirements.  Thoughts..........

Mike

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Transcode Internet Audio/Video for UpnP
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 12:41:11 pm »

Hi Mike,

We've made a start on this - we transcode many audio formats to MP3 or WMA or .... The Streamium currently has a problem with our radio stations and we don't transcode video yet.

j

MikeL

Re: Transcode Internet Audio/Video for UpnP
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 01:16:04 pm »

John

Thanks for the reply.  FYI

Did you ever read the method that Herisson12 was suggesting over at streamiumcafe.  Don't know how relevant it may be, but he found a way to work with the streamiums ability to allow users to set up URL's to a server which has already transcoded the originating radio data.

http://www.streamiumcafe.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=strory&Number=795&Searchpage=1&Main=48&Words=+herisson12&topic=&Search=true#Post795
Pages: [1]   Go Up