INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mini Mode JavaScript to open Browser Window  (Read 1169 times)

UnknownID

Mini Mode JavaScript to open Browser Window
« on: May 04, 2005, 03:47:30 pm »

Is there a way to use the JavaScript code to open a browser window?

I am planning on making changes and enhancements to my skin on a regular basis and I wanted to have a place where people could go (within the skin) to check if they have the latest version.

I used the normal "window.open()" method, but I get an error saying that the object "window" is undefined. If I cannot do it this way, is there a better means?

UnknownID

UnknownID

Re: Mini Mode JavaScript to open Browser Window
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 01:27:04 pm »

I did a little bit more digging and found out that I can use ClassIDs in the "Placeholders" tag, but I don't know the ID for the default web browser of a system nor have I been able to get any ClassIDs to work.

Was this disabled? Anybody know the ClassID for the Default web browser or what is needed for this feature to work?

UnknownID

UnknownID

Re: Mini Mode JavaScript to open Browser Window
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 12:42:12 pm »

I am assuming now that many parts of JavaScript have been blocked.

Now I am trying to MJAutomation.GetInternet() to download a file, but that isn't working either.

Code:
MJAutomation.GetInternet("DownloadToTempFile('http://www.echo-digitaldesign.com/media_center/forum/mc_forum_image.gif').DownloadMode=DOWNLOAD_MODE_DEFAULT")

I get an error saying that the property is not supported.

I am trying to get this to eventually allow for a "Check for updates" button within the skin. Is this the right method or is there a better way?

UnknownID

Pages: [1]   Go Up