INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import: Should it take this long?  (Read 736 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Import: Should it take this long?
« on: May 05, 2005, 11:16:26 am »

v11.256

1. The first thing I noticed is that I cannot cancel an import. I pressed "Cancel", and now it is greyed out. But Media Center is still importing.

2. It is adding 18,820 files (music and cover art) from a mapped network drive. It's been going now for 2 1/2 hours, and it's only at file number 8,000.  Is this normal or slow?

3. It is slowing down the computer almost to a stop. The MC open window doesn't redraw itself when I open another application or text document.

I have nothing else running, and I have over 60 Gig available on the drive.
Pentium 4 CPU 3 GHz, 1Gig RAM
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Import: Should it take this long?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 11:42:11 am »

Kill it from the task manager and then turn off the check for cover art option in the Import.

It's also building new thumbnails but there's no setting to turn off for that.

Both of these will be changed in the next build.

lise

• MC Beta Team
Re: Import: Should it take this long?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 11:46:33 am »

Thanks Jim.
FYI, I didn't have "check for cover art" enabled, at least not the option that gets cover art over the net. I was importing the files from my own cover art directory, along with the music directory. Of course, that may be what you mean, ie that it has to build the thumbnails for all images in my cover art directory.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?
Pages: [1]   Go Up