INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multizone and RME Digi96  (Read 642 times)

tomgrossi

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
Multizone and RME Digi96
« on: May 05, 2005, 12:51:22 pm »

Hi.  I've been trying to get multizone playback to work on multiple channels of my RME Digi96.  Is this possible?  I know it is supposed to have 8-channel capability but I don't really no how to use it (I just bought it used off eBay for sound quality).  Can I have one zone be the digital outs and another be the analogs?  When I tried this (I'm using ASIO but I couldn't seem to get it to work in other modes either) if you pushed play or stop in either zone, that zone would take over both the analogs and the digital outs at once.  Any ideas?

MerlinWerks

• World Citizen
Re: Multizone and RME Digi96
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 02:00:55 pm »

Hi Tom,

I don't believe it is possible to do multizone with a single RME, they are set up so the same signal will appear at both the analog and digital outputs simultaneously.  I believe this is part of a "direct monitor" function which is useful in a recording studio but not so much in a HTPC. The card does have 8 channels in an"ADAT" format which once again is geared more towards recording studio or "digital audio workstation" (DAW) use.  And yes, they do sound good, just not a lot of flexibility when it comes to HTPC use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up