INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iTunes/M4A/etc. on MC10; won't transfer to iPod!  (Read 1837 times)

delusion_

• Recent member
iTunes/M4A/etc. on MC10; won't transfer to iPod!
« on: May 08, 2005, 06:48:29 pm »

I am able to put any type of audio file onto the iPod through Media Center, and it will automatically convert non-M4A and MP3 files to MP3 for me, etc.. but I cannot put M4As onto my iPod-- Media Center "thinks" for a few seconds, then looks like it's done, but the files are not on the iPod.

These are M4A files passed through jHymn, decrypted MP4s out of iTunes. Anyone else had this problem? Or am I doing something wrong?

The M4A files are playable by Media Center, just fine..

Also, I just tried activated/authenticated iTunes-bought M4As, and they won't transfer to the iPod either.

Thanks in advance.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: iTunes/M4A/etc. on MC10; won't transfer to iPod!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 07:48:20 am »

Are you trying to convert the m4a on the way to iPod? Can you transfer them if you have encoding turned off?

Steve

delusion_

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 09:19:29 am »

As far as I know I'm not trying to convert it. I'm selecting my "handheld player" in the device list, and a "DROP FILES HERE" shows up. I drop the M4A files onto it, they show as queued, and I click the transfer button. It shows a progress bar "thinking" for about 5 seconds, and then goes away, bringing back a "DROP FILES HERE" box with an empty queue, but no files on the iPod.

I've tried with both purchased and "cleaned" (via jHymn) M4A files.. with no luck.

Is there a debugging window I can enable, or a log somewhere? I think Media Center is encountering some problems, but just isn't reporting it.

I actually re-formatted my iPod, and re-initialized it in Media Center, and tried all this again, and it still doesn't work. I don't think it's ever worked, in my past few months of owning Media Center.. :-/

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 12:28:42 pm »

Can you email me one of the files?

steve @ jriver.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up