INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meta Data (tags) in video content  (Read 1945 times)

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
Meta Data (tags) in video content
« on: May 15, 2005, 04:52:04 pm »

Those of us who are BeyondTV users know all about the wonderful Meta Data stored inside the AVIs and MPEGs created by this wonderful program. I would love for Media Center to be able to read and write this data the same way it does with MP3s.

I understand that there isn't a "standard" way of storing tags in video files and that this may have prevented J River from exploring this avenue in the past, but this needs to be addressed.

There are several apps out there which can deal with SnapStream's meta data. If you were to implement it, this would be a boon to HTPC lovers like myself. I have a BTV server and several BTV client machines. Essentially, all my TVs are now computers with Firefly remotes. Using Girder I can run MC11 with the Firefly wonderfully. If MC11 read & wrote the BTV Meta Data then I could import BTV shows into my MC database and import MC videos into my BTV folders.

If you would like I can proviide a small sample of video with Meta Data so you can reverse engineer it like you did the iPod.

Take Care,
Jonathan

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Meta Data (tags) in video content
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 06:10:02 pm »

It's a good idea, and I hope we're going to be able to put some time in on video soon.   

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 12:23:51 am »

I hope SnapStream fixes their problem with ATI's Catalyst drivers soon.  I'd love to check BTV out, but I'm not going to run moldy drivers (and I actually need a few of the fixes in recent versions).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 08:53:07 am »

I run the latest catalyst drivers on a 9800Pro connected to an HDTV running 1080i mode. The thing works great. I used to have to use PowerStrip to get that mode working.

It is sooooo nice having a 65" display running at 1920x1080. BTV runs great on it. This is a dedicated BTV computer so other than BTV, BeyondMedia, and the Firefly drivers, Catalyst is the only other thing installed. The system has only gotten hung up once and that was a crappy USB-2 tuner I added just because I already had it kicking around (avoid Adaptec VideOh! Media Center edition).

When I get home, I'll create a 3 second MPEG clip with meta data and send it to JimH so they can play with it trying to read the data.
Pages: [1]   Go Up