INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.270 Release Candidate  (Read 3972 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.270 Release Candidate
« on: May 17, 2005, 05:50:07 pm »

We're just about ready to release Media Center 11.0.  We appreciate your bug reports.  PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311  Please post bugs you're sure about here.  Post anything else in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0.  

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110270.exe

11.0.270 (5/17/05)

1. Changed: Download Manager uses the new folder browsing system.
2. Fixed: Download Manager would not import downloaded file.
3. Fixed: Download Manager kept pre-pending "(Incomplete) " to the file name each time the download did not complete.
4. Fixed: The seek bar for TV time-shifting sometimes would not return to the left after selecting "Go to the Earlest Time".
5. Fixed: Nomad II support via WMDM.
6. Fixed: For new media insertion actions, if user chose "No action" for all media types but enabled "Ask every time" option, MC didn't ask.
7. Changed: Media insertion section of devices options dialog simplified.
8. Fixed: Multimedia keys could fire twice on some systems.
9. Changed: Import confiuration dialog will show a horizontal scrollbar when necessary for long folder names.
10. Fixed: The non-item area at the bottom of a list would not update properly while dragging a column header.
11. Fixed: System dialogs could show extra ampersands in some static text boxes.
12. Fixed: Message boxes where "do not show again" was selected could still briefly blink. (introduced in 269)
13. Changed: Only wizard-type tokens get extra space after them in the search box instead of all tokens.
14. Changed: Disabled menu items only have a faint selection box on keyboard / mouse-over instead of a full color selection box.
15. Optimized: Substantial speed increases to UPnP server.
16. NEW: Added more preview mode options. (start from 30 seconds in, and also 'warp speed' mode)
17. NEW: Added "GetPlayingFile" function to zone SDK automation object. (gets display file instead of internal file)
18. Changed: "Cover Art" display doesn't change art ahead of time anymore.
19. Changed: Preview mode is automatically turned off when pressing stop.
20. Changed: WMA is no longer a streaming encoder.

11.0.269 (5/16/05)

1. Changed: Increased multimedia key anti-repeat time (more) for systems that fire media keys multiple ways.
2. Fixed: After exiting some modeless dialogs, MC could have an error.
3. Changed: Reworked layout of Action Window sync page.
4. Fixed: Audible file transfer to iPod.
5. Fixed: Some portable devices could have mistakenly opened two Action Windows on connection.

11.0.268 (5/16/05)

1. Changed: Increased multimedia key anti-repeat time for systems that fire media keys multiple ways.
2. Fixed: Media Center could fail to install on some systems.
3. Changed: MJExtman.exe replaced with "Media Center 11 Launcher.exe" in the system directory.
4. Fixed: Real Audio playback would not work properly with some version of Real installed.
5. Changed: The default width of the sequence column would not have enough space for numbers in the thousands.
6. Fixed: When a Mini View skin failed to load, the error messages could show an incorrect product name.
7. Fixed: With sample rate conversion enabled, playback could stutter in some cases and use more CPU than expected.
8. Fixed: Information messages boxes could popup behind Media Center in some cases.
9. NEW: Added support for .dng and .srf files.

11.0.266 (5/13/05)

1. Fixed: Send To > Add / Edit Programs... would not properly show the path in the configure dialog.
2. Changed: More refinements to multimedia key handler -- should work with Intellitype 5.x, iTouch 2.x, ATI remotes, and Windows without extra software.
3. Fixed: Audio and video streams were competing for resources in TV Timeshifting.
4. Fixed: TV could not import recorded video (due to new location of mjextman.exe).
5. Fixed: When starting a playlist of images and audio, double-clicking an image could cause a "failed to play" error.
6. Changed: Mixed playback (audio + image) will only automatically start on play when double-clicking inside a playlist of mixed types. (not a My Computer view of mixed types, etc.)
7. Changed: Stopping playback will clear the mixed playback image list.
8. Changed: Dragging over the tree and trying to move to the edge to scroll could scroll too quickly on a fast machine.
9. Fixed: Action Window > Image could flicker when switching tracks or navigating around MC.
10. Fixed: When viewing some Action Window pages and right-clicking on files that weren't selected, the Action Window update could kill the right-click menu.
11. Fixed: Etched lines at the bottom of some dialogs would not always draw consistently.
12. Fixed: Some dialogs with images on them would not redraw correctly.
13. Changed: When transferring files to a portable device, the Date Modified will remain as it was on the file before transfer.
14. Fixed: Handheld Options->Help now linked to a help page.
15. Fixed: During sync to portable, playlist name could be cutoff in the information box.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
UPnP device support
Audible.com Store -- full integration (downloads, playback, bookmarks, etc.)
Sony PSP support
iPod -- Support for multiple iPods with different profiles
New file format -- Shockwave (SWF)
RAW image support (crw,cr2,nef,mrw,orf,raf,pef,dng,srf)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dcwebman

Re: Media Center 11.0.270 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 09:41:57 pm »

With this release, I finally answered Yes to uninstalling version 10. It restarted Windows as I expected it probably would. After starting MC though I discovered that all my KingSparta plug-ins were gone. These were plug-ins that were for version 11 only so I'm not sure how they got uninstalled.
Jeff

The Illest Villain

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 10:27:39 pm »

Changing volume with my HP multimedia keyboard does not work when MC is on focus. I can only change it by 5%, then it just stops. I can change it again by 5% after a few seconds. Worked well in build 265 and previous.

However, it works when MC is minimized or in the taskbar, or whenever its not on focus. Its also faster than it used to be.

My volume key is a wheel.

Media Center Registered 11.0.270 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 1999 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 141 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2627 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050309-1648) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive I: HL-DT-STDVDRAM GSA-4040B  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive J:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive K:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive H: MATSHITA UJDD420            Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive I: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4040B   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Myron

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 10:37:53 pm »

15. Optimized: Substantial speed increases to UPnP server.

Wow, the difference is really apparent!  Great work John!!

With my Streamium SL400i I still notice that something seems to get stuck while browsing through a list.  The Streamium displays the "searching" animation the whole time but it's not clear if the delay is in the player or the server.  Sometimes hitting the OK button gets things un-stuck.  Browsing past the stuck item and then returning to it seems to help also.

My library has about 3800 files and 1100 artists..

I also noticed that the MC process did not terminate after using the UPnP server for a while and sutting down MC.  The application does not show up in the Task Manager and MC cannot be restarted until the process is ended.  I've seen this behavior before, but not in the previous 5-10 builds.

I'll be out of town till the end of the month, so I won't be able to do any more trials till then....

Peter Engrav

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 11:50:20 pm »

Two issues.

First - Analyze Audio seems to have changed from v10 to v11 such that now I get an error when I select my entire library and choose Analyze Audio (intending to have it only "queue" "unanalyzed tracks) - it says "Only audio files on a local drive can be anayzed. (253 file(s) could not be added).  This is relatively annoying.  It's also relatively weird since in fact my entire library (13209 files) is stored on two networks shares.  There are 12810 files on a share called \\Core\Music and another 399 files on \\Core\Music.New.  So I'm not sure what 253 files it doesn't like or why. Strangely if I ignore the error the dialog comes up and the feature appears to work.

Second - This one has actually been going on for me since v10.  I leave MC running more or less all the time on a (lonely) little machine in a closet.  Every couple of days, however, the music dies. When I remote-desktop to the machine I find the MC window is refusing to repaint as if it's completely hung but weirdly if you look in the task manager the MC process is actually only using 3-5% of the CPU.  The machine itself is quite responsive - nearly 95% idle CPU time. If you watch the memory in use by MC it's bouncing around quite a bit from 10Megs to 30Megs to 150Megs (yikes) back down to 30 (not round numbers). And it's bouncing around relatively quickly. Compare this to now, where I've restarted MC and am actually running an analyze audio and it's consuming 25% CPU and using an entirely reasonable and stable 12megs of RAM.

Third - Despite the occasional hiccup y'all are clearly the best at what you do.  Thanks!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 11:51:47 pm »

Changing volume with my HP multimedia keyboard does not work when MC is on focus. I can only change it by 5%, then it just stops. I can change it again by 5% after a few seconds. Worked well in build 265 and previous.

I noticed this as well with my ATI remote.  I am reasonably sure that it is related to the Microsoft keyboard double-activation tweaks you've been making lately, and I'm sure it's a tradeoff (what a pain this is ... I'm almost sorry I pushed so hard for this).

However, a nice tweak would be to exempt (if possible) the volume control from the double activation handler.  I, personally do have a MS keyboard with the issues (though previous fixes did take care of it and I didn't have to wait until now) and I would prefer that my Volume control be a little "speedier" than normal (because of double activation) than the current situation.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 02:04:38 am »

8. Fixed: Multimedia keys could fire twice on some systems.

My media keys (on a MS Natural Keyboard Pro) now work all correctly in standard view but in mini view they are still fired twice (independent from window focus).

No problems with the volume keys whatsoever.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 04:41:04 am »

When Synching the ipod, two files (.aa files) that are not part of any of the playlists being synched always get sent, even after initializing the ipod and trying again.

I have tagged "Moby Dick (Unabridged), Part 2" to go to the ipod but not parts 1 and 3. But they always get sent anyway.

Also, this time I got an "Out of memory" error box come up during synch, but after clicking ok the synch continued as normal and finished. 1 file wouldnt transfer; a Dvorak file "04 - String Quartet No.1 - 4. Finale_ Allegro animato.mp3" Dont know if these two issues are related.

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 04:52:21 am »

my nomad zen xtra 30 gb won't synch.  When i plug it in it just sits at the "retrieving file info" and consumes memory.  nothing happens.

thanks

Media Center Registered 11.0.270 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

AMD Unknown 1808 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 670 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2627 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050309-1648) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-3500AG  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive D: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3500AG   Addr: 0:2:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
http://davidvedvick.info

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman." - Anonymous

dcwebman

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2005, 05:26:43 am »

First - Analyze Audio seems to have changed from v10 to v11 such that now I get an error when I select my entire library and choose Analyze Audio (intending to have it only "queue" "unanalyzed tracks) - it says "Only audio files on a local drive can be anayzed. (253 file(s) could not be added).  This is relatively annoying.  It's also relatively weird since in fact my entire library (13209 files) is stored on two networks shares.  There are 12810 files on a share called \\Core\Music and another 399 files on \\Core\Music.New.  So I'm not sure what 253 files it doesn't like or why. Strangely if I ignore the error the dialog comes up and the feature appears to work.

I get this sometimes too. What the files are on my system that can't be analyzed are cda files which are the ones that get put in the library when a CD is inserted.  Display all your Audio files and search on the File Type column and you may find the same thing.
Jeff

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2005, 06:02:24 am »

still having the same problem with my MS keyboard reported in build 269: If MC is not the foreground app, starting it from a dead stop fires the play function 2x and MC ends up in pause mode. All other multimedia functions are fine in all view modes (i cannot reproduce the behavior described by eso).

PushiTooL

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2005, 09:32:49 am »

OK, this is going to sound ridiculous, and no doubt is, but did the Seq column get a little wider sometime after .266? It's field width can't be altered (oh how I wish it could), and all my playlists that were previously set perfectly to fit to screen, now are a little too wide. This, in turn, is a bigger problem that it seems because when I alter my column presets, I need to reload into every playlist one-by-one. I didn't in v10, but in v11 the presets aren't library-wide fixed (like css is site-wide fixed).

SteveG

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2005, 10:01:07 am »

danrien,

Try removing and reinstalling the drivers for the Zen.

park,

Before you sync, try doing 'Show List' and look for the files that are being sent to verify they are not in the queue. Are parts 1 and 3 on the iPod?  'Out of Memory' should only happen if the iPod is out of memory or if there is a hardware issue.

jgreen

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2005, 10:32:04 am »

MS Multimedia keyboard/intellitype5.2/win2ksp4
MC 11.0.270

Coolblue--
I confirm your issue regarding starting playback from a dead stop.  But are you sure it's firing twice?  To me it seems like a cursor focus issue.  Do you recall that functionality in v10?  I went back to v10 and the multimedia keys don't work at all anymore, even after a reinstall/reboot. ???!!!!!!??!!!!!

I recently watched the movie "Event Horizon", where a spaceship travels into another universe and confronts "evil beyond what the mind can comprehend".  I think there may be an aspect of that going on here.   The keyboard has seen things no one should ever see.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2005, 10:49:38 am »

Hi Steve,

Just checked out my smarlists again, and although all of them took their files from a master list which didnt have the problem files in it, I found that on eo of the smarlists had a "full albums modifier" (I wanted to make a random list of full albums based on only files in the master smartlist, but it seems it was pulling in other files to make uo full albums).

Anyway, point is, my mistake. Sorry.

Synched from scratch again, and no "Out of memory" errors. My Dvorak file even transferred.

Perfect.

coolblue

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2005, 12:23:47 pm »

MS Multimedia keyboard/intellitype5.2/win2ksp4
MC 11.0.270

Coolblue--
I confirm your issue regarding starting playback from a dead stop.  But are you sure it's firing twice?  To me it seems like a cursor focus issue.  Do you recall that functionality in v10?  I went back to v10 and the multimedia keys don't work at all anymore, even after a reinstall/reboot. ???!!!!!!??!!!!!

I'm nearly positive it's firing twice. I tested with a track in the middle of a continuous mix and I can hear about .25 second of the track before MC cuts off. What I can't say for sure is whether this is a new problem or has always been there - I haven't tested that thoroughly. I can regress to an earlier version of MC11 to see if I get the same result.

It seems to me there was a period in MC10 where multimedia keys stopped working. I may have mentioned in the MC forum at the time, but this is ancient history. Everything has been hunky-dory for quite a while on this front.

edit: please see this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=27729.0 for a reasonable solution to this problem.

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2005, 12:39:35 pm »

Bug:

If you press stop so a track is not actually playing you cannot move through the playing now list with next / previous.  You have to start playback, otherwise nothing happens.
JLee

coolblue

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2005, 12:44:24 pm »

Bug:

If you press stop so a track is not actually playing you cannot move through the playing now list with next / previous.  You have to start playback, otherwise nothing happens.

I can confirm this, and it doesn't work with the keyboard or graphic buttons in MC. It seems to me that previous behavior was that if previous or next was pressed (from stop) MC would move to the requested track and start playback.

miked

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2005, 01:15:51 pm »

Nomad IIc
Thanks for gettings this working.  Delete and transfer work perfectly.
Two things,   
  can't find a format option
  When I click on the   "Drives & Devices" -> "NOMAD IIC: Internal"
I get a list with 4 copies of each track listed
ie    American Idiot ....
       American Idiot ....
       American Idiot ....
       American Idiot ....
       Next track etc etc

Opening the subsections ie Album, gives the right numbers of tracks

regards

Mike
Media Center Registered 11.0.270 -- D:\Audio\MediaCenter_11\

AMD Athlon 2193 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 335 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2627 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050309-1648) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: PHILIPS  DVDR824P           Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2005, 01:42:52 pm »

18. Changed: "Cover Art" display doesn't change art ahead of time anymore.

Can we disable this new feature somehow (registry hack)?  It changes the cover art now *after* the new track starts playing.  With my other registry hack (other thread you saw from this past weekend), I had it all changing perfectly (simultaneously), which was nice.

Also, the selection remaining after a delete bug (in Playing Now and Media Library) is still there.  I get it about 90% of the time.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2005, 02:14:53 pm »

Right-click menu canceled bug still there.

With Active Window > File Properties > Image active, if you right-click on a track that will require the Image window to update the image (cover art), the right-click menu is cancelled (usually not even shown at all, but sometimes comes up for 1 msec and disappers).  This is frustrating behaviour has you have to right-click twice everytime.

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2005, 02:29:46 pm »

Auto-import does not seem to be working for me.  I select File->Open Media File, and it opens and plays, but does not add to the Library.  I have to right-click the file in now playing and select "Import into Library".   I have deselected and re-selected "Automatically import files into Media Library" under the General Options.

-J
Pages: [1]   Go Up