INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One wav/entire cd  (Read 1402 times)

The Muffin Man

• Junior Woodchuck
  • More music
One wav/entire cd
« on: May 25, 2005, 06:41:35 pm »

I'm a newbie at downloading _legal_ music and as a result, I've got one wav that's an entire cd.  Is there a way to go back and automatically split it into tracks with MediaCenter or  MediaEditor?
Thanks for any input (and yes razzing for being a newbie at this ;))

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: One wav/entire cd
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 07:54:49 pm »

thats one big wave file

why not just re-rip it
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

The Muffin Man

• Junior Woodchuck
  • More music
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 08:05:43 pm »

I guess you mean re-rip it from the source.  I don't guess there's a way to re-rip
from a wav.  I saw that the recorder in MC could record a sound from the cd, so I burned
the wav to a cd and tried to re-feed it using that.  I couldn't get the recorder get the
sound from that (tho it could get sound from line in)
Any other suggestions?

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 08:27:02 pm »

If re-ripping is not an option, the recorder is your only other choice, at least from within MC.

It does work but you have to jigger with the settings to get the setup that's right for your equipment.

Make sure you "enable automatic track splitting" and it might help to "wait for sound before starting recording".

I don't "trim silence from gaps" or have a "maximum track length".

I record to wav (you can encode later) with the mixer as my source -- that includes "line-in" which has never worked well for me.

It's a good idea to enable "directory" and "file name" so you can find it.

Also, if you type in "artist" and "album"  then hit "tracks" you MIGHT get the tags for it -- saves a lot of typing.

Good luck.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 08:50:33 pm »

You might be able to burn an audio CD from it and then rip that.

Piranhahaha

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 09:13:41 pm »

Another option might be to figure out a way to import the CD via an external line in -- in my case, I've been using a Maya EX to record cassettes & LP's from my stereo, and the automatic track splitting works very well once you callibrate it to what's needed. 

If it's already a .wav and you import it as a .wav, I doubt there'd be any measurable loss of sound quality. 

Otherwise, last summer, I used "Wavebreaker" from Blaze Audio (the same people that make the Maya) to break up a hissy Dolby B '80's tape -- it allows you to insert breaks.  I recall it was a huge hassle, and in retrospect not worth the time spent. 

But if it's important enough, that'd be a good option.  Prepare to lose an evening doing it, though. 

Two Wire

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 10:11:20 pm »

Two more options are Goldwave, and Total Recorder. With Gold wave, you can cut and paste the individual tracks. With Total Recorder,  you can pause after each track, save the file, and proceed on to the next track

modelmaker

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 10:12:38 pm »

While not a free program, (you get what you pay for), I have been using MAGIX AudioCleaningLab for several years now and have tried many others and none have the simplicity and sophistication that this app has.

You can import wav, record from a line source, (LP, tape, etc), and the music is represented in graphical waveform which is very easy to then edit, add fade outs,clean up noise, add effects etc. It only takes a few minutes to insert the breaks between songs for a whole LP. I have recorded over 1000 LPs and have rarely had to adjust the default settings for song breaks, (which is fully adjustable).
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up