INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unloading plugins  (Read 1499 times)

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
Unloading plugins
« on: May 22, 2005, 10:05:12 pm »

Is there any way to tell MC to unload a plugin? As it is now during development, I find that everytime I make a change to my plugin that I want to test I have to quit and restart MC because it has the DLL loaded and I can overwrite it. How do other people handle this?

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Unloading plugins
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 09:00:32 pm »

Ok, no reply from anyone. Does that mean you all just restart MC every time you recompile your plugin?

If so, then here's a request to you MC folks...please have MC let go of the DLL when a plugin is stopped.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 05:43:09 am »

Does that mean you all just restart MC every time you recompile your plugin?

You Can Turn Off The Plug-In In The Plug-In Manager, Not Sure If That Will Unload The Plug-In.

I Always Exit MC, Recompile, Restart MC
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 07:35:14 pm »

Turning off the plug-in in plugin manager does not unload it, but I've found a way to do it. I wrote my own plugin loader layer. My loader is loaded into MC as a normal plugin and then loads my real plugin in a way that allows unloading. I still can't unload my loader, but since it is stable and doesn't change that's fine. But, since it allows me to unload and reload my real plugin I can not rapidly recompile my plugin and try the changes without restarting MC.

W00t w00t!

And before anyone asks, yes, I do plan to give away my code, but it needs some clean up first. Also I'm developing with the beta version of Visual Studio 2005 and the .NET framework version 2. Both of these are not yet released so many/most people wouldn't be able to use my projects yet.

Finally, I'm also working an creating some more .NET friendly wrappers for the MC automation classes. It'll definitely be a while before those are complete, but I hope to release them too.

sss248

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 05:59:51 pm »

would love to knwo about it when your done.
sounds like a very good idea.
Pages: [1]   Go Up