INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 11: Playback progress bar  (Read 1717 times)

Snarglefarg

• World Citizen
  • [your quote here]
MC 11: Playback progress bar
« on: May 23, 2005, 09:55:35 pm »

During playback, if you click the previous button or if you drag the progress meter back to the start of the song, you are not returned to the beginning of the song.

Sometimes you're brought forward about 10 seconds and sometimes you're brought partially back, but not all the way to the beginning of the song.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 11: Playback progress bar
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 06:35:19 am »

What type of file?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 06:42:19 am »

I missed glynor's comment in the build thread:

Seeking/Previous in Audio Playback:  I can confirm this on my system.  This occurs when:

using any Seek setting
playing back Audio only (Video unaffected) but any type of MP3 that I tested (VBR and CBR multiple bitrates).
dragging the Playhead, clicking the Previous button in the GUI, or using my RW2.  Have not tested with my MS Keyboard, but can tomorrow.
(Good catch Sikes.)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 08:00:46 am »

Same issues I discovered in previous build(s) remain in .275:
2. When listening to a song and you decide to click on the progress bar to a previous position, it actually continues on from where it was, instead of going to the position on the progress bar. Don't think it's a problem if clicking on a position further on in the song - seems only to happen if selecting a position prior to the current one.

Kwake is seeing this too.  Just to be clear, this is not only when moving the Playhead in the Progress bar, but applies to hitting "Previous Track" (using remote buttons or the GUI element) as well.

I'd say it's a fairly serious bug.   ::)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 08:13:39 am »

... discovered in previous build(s) remain in .275 ...

I can't reproduce this with 274. I haven't installed 275 yet.

My audio playback settings:
ASIO
Do not play silence enabled
Switch Tracks: Gapless
Seek: Smooth (fast)
Stop: Immediate
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 08:28:28 am »

Kwake is seeing this too.  Just to be clear, this is not only when moving the Playhead in the Progress bar, but applies to hitting "Previous Track" (using remote buttons or the GUI element) as well.

I'd say it's a fairly serious bug.   ::)

Remember that pressing previous will first seek to the beginning of the current song by default. (like a hardware CD player)  This can be changed in Options > General.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Snarglefarg

• World Citizen
  • [your quote here]
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 09:18:21 am »

Glad it wasn't just me and that it's reproducable. Whew.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005, 09:19:17 am »

Remember that pressing previous will first seek to the beginning of the current song by default. (like a hardware CD player)  This can be changed in Options > General.

Matt-

It would be great if it actually did do this.  Unfortunately, it doesn't.  When you press "Previous" it does seek somewhere, but it isn't the beginning of the song.  It took me a few tries to realize that what it is doing is just plain wrong.

Try it with "Seek" set to "Standard" (or whatever setting makes them not crossfade, not Smooth -- I'm on my Mac now) and on a song that you know really well and you will see what we mean. 

I'm normally using all the same settings that AlexB posted above, except I use DirectSound.  While I had it set to Smooth seeking, it was difficult to tell (unless you really know the song) that it wasn't seeking to the right place.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2005, 04:47:29 pm »

Matt-

It would be great if it actually did do this.  Unfortunately, it doesn't.  When you press "Previous" it does seek somewhere, but it isn't the beginning of the song.  It took me a few tries to realize that what it is doing is just plain wrong.

Try it with "Seek" set to "Standard" (or whatever setting makes them not crossfade, not Smooth -- I'm on my Mac now) and on a song that you know really well and you will see what we mean. 

I'm normally using all the same settings that AlexB posted above, except I use DirectSound.  While I had it set to Smooth seeking, it was difficult to tell (unless you really know the song) that it wasn't seeking to the right place.

Are you talking about a fraction of a second difference, or large differences? (many seconds)

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2005, 06:47:16 pm »

Large differences.  Not even close to the beginning of the song (even though the counter and play header appeared to indicate that it was at "position 0:00").  Whole minutes off.  Usually a few second prior to where you were before you moved the playhead (or hit Previous).

I'll test the new build and let you know how it goes.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2005, 06:54:16 pm »

The new build fixes this issue for me.  Thanks Matt!

Pages: [1]   Go Up