INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: using the Zen Touch with MC  (Read 1521 times)

JoshuaHorowitz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say... other than that MC rocks!
using the Zen Touch with MC
« on: May 26, 2005, 11:23:43 pm »

How should I use my Zen Touch with Media Center?

I've installed all the software that came with it. Whenever I plug in the player it shows up perfectly on the tree. Yet, when I try to transfer a set of files, I get an error message like:

Transfer errors. (425 files)

2 + 2 = 5 - 139 error
Radiohead - 2560 error
Hail to the Thief - 2560 error
Alternative Pop/Rock - 2560 error
... [etc.]

It seems that MC is trying to transfer individual fields as files or something. Anyway, it doesn't work in the slightest for me.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: using the Zen Touch with MC
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 01:19:27 pm »

Joshua,

The errors that you are seeing are valid errors.

139 means the file  is already on the device. Did you get a warning about duplicates before you transferred?

2560 means there is an audio file format error. That is generated by Creative. What types of files are these?

Steve

JoshuaHorowitz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 02:02:50 pm »

The mp3 I was trying to transfer had name tag "2 + 2 = 5", artist tag "Radiohead", album tag "Hail to the Thief", and genre tag "Alternative Pop/Rock". There's got to be some kind of a bug if MC thinks these are seperate songs (sorry for not making that clear).

I just tried transfering a completely new song and got a 132 error, without any of that strange trying-to-transfer-genres stuff. I think I've stopped getting the 139s and 2560s.

Given the many different possible ways of treating the handheld (built-in MC autodetection capabilities, plug-ins, WMDM, etc.), it's possible I'm not using the right sort of method or configuration. As it is now, when I plug in the Zen via USB a node appears below "Drives & Devices" called "Creative Zen Touch (Joshua Horowitz)". Underneath this node are "ALBUMS", "ARTISTS", "GENRES", and "PLAY LISTS". The only handheld plug-ins I have installed are Portable Drives and WMDM.

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 03:44:07 pm »

Joshua,

132 is a file open error.

In regards to the tags, MC always should show the 'Name' tag followed by the error.  MC should have installed the Nomad Jukebox plugin for the Touch. If you do not see it in the Plugin Manager, try going to Tools->Options->Handhelds and click 'Reset' and then let MC detect the Touch automatically and it should install the correct plugin.

JoshuaHorowitz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 04:50:11 pm »

After some testing I've determined that the 132 error only occurs because my files are located on a network share (I've got a local library with filenames like "\\Joshua\Music\Music\Radiohead\Hail to the Thief\01 - 2 + 2 = 5.mp3"). Is this a known problem?

Thanks for all your help.

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 11:58:54 am »

This is a known issue. Currently we will not transfer content from a network share.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up