INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.279 Release Candidate  (Read 6185 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.279 Release Candidate
« on: May 27, 2005, 04:13:41 pm »

We're just about ready to release Media Center 11.0.  We appreciate your bug reports.  PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE WITHOUT READING THE FOLLOWING:
Post only bugs you are certain about here.  Post questions or anything else in a new thread with a subject like "MC11: CD ripping problem"   If you can't find your post here, please look in the main index.   All feature requests should be postponed until MC11.0 is released.  Media Center 11 is available here:  ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110279.exe   (End of required reading)

11.0.279 (5/7/05)

1. Fixed: Some XML files would not load properly, causing Blade mini-me skin (and possibly others) to not work.
2. Fixed: YADB submission could cause a crash in some cases.
3. Fixed: With sample-rate conversion enabled, the audio could hiccup in some cases.
4. Fixed: When switching audio output formats, a small portion of the last track would not be played before advancing.
5. Optimized: Improved CPU usage and skip protection of DirectSound audio playback.
6. Changed: Clicking an entry in the Channels list control, on either "TV Channels" property page
 or "Scan Channels" dialog window, will no longer result in switching to the channel automatically, due to performance issue related to HDTV device.
7. New: Added context menu for TV Channels list control to allow users to select commands to "Tune To Channel", on both "TV Channels" property page and "Scan Channels" window, and "Delete Selected Channel(s)" and "Edit Station Name", only on "Scan Channels" window.
8. Changed: MC would not properly redraw the position slider for skins that had large position sliders when switching between windows.

11.0.278 (5/26/05)

1. Changed: Added confirmation message box before resetting TV channels by re-scanning.
2. Fixed: Editing was allowed in some Combo Boxes where editing should not be allowed in TV configuration.
3. Fixed: Audio video synchronization problem in HDTV.
4. Fixed: In some cases (after deletion, etc.) Media Center would not properly clear a list's selected items.
5. Fixed: Sometimes MC could report "Failed to load file associations" while running a sharing plugin.
6. Fixed: With sample rate conversion enabled, the end of the song could be truncated slightly with some outputs.
7. Changed: When changing multiple filenames with a library tool, MC will add a note to the confirmation dialog informing the user that this action may move disk files.
8. Fixed: When showing a "Confirm Database Changes" dialog, MC could start saving tags in the background causing a confusing user flow.
9. Fixed: When starting in Media Library with an empty library, MC could display a warning about an import already running.
10. Fixed: Library Server was not serving all thumbnails correctly.

11.0.277 (5/25/05)

1. Changed: When removing tracks from Playing Now, the list could get redrawn twice in some cases. (slower than necessary and could look less ideal)
2. Fixed: Rip status column could be overly slow on some systems.
3. Fixed: Old installation instructions on reboot were not getting cleared after they were run (and failed) given the impression that all subsequent installs were failing to install components.
4. Optimized: Speed of UPnP Server increased.
5. Fixed: While playing an audio CD, MC could show an error about failing to create the CD Manager.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
UPnP device support
Audible.com Store -- full integration (downloads, playback, bookmarks, etc.)
Sony PSP support
iPod -- Support for multiple iPods with different profiles
New file format -- Shockwave (SWF)
RAW image support (crw,cr2,nef,mrw,orf,raf,pef,dng,srf)
Multi-channel support (5.1, 7.1, etc.) for WAV and WMA files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

matshif

Re: Media Center 11.0.279 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 04:20:24 pm »

3. Fixed in .277: Old installation instructions on reboot were not getting cleared after they were run (and failed) given the impression that all subsequent installs were failing to install components.

This problem was back in .278 but has disappeared in build .279 :D

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 04:34:59 pm »

- Trying to export playlists crashed the build 278.

I've huffed and I've puffed and I can't reproduce this.

Nor can I. I reinstalled 278 using the same installer file and couldn't reproduce it anymore. I tried several things, but it didn't happen again. In the morning the crash was 100% reproducible. I have no idea what has changed since then. I suspected my virus scanner, InCD, several things inside MC, but nothing made it come back.

It doesn't happen with 279 either.

I hope it will not return. Strange things happen sometimes. Thanks.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 04:56:48 pm »

Accessing a Media Server on the client using Search for Media Servers is still broken for me in 279 (and was in 278).  Reverting to 276 makes it operational.

-J

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 05:07:20 pm »

Accessing a Media Server on the client using Search for Media Servers is still broken for me in 279 (and was in 278).  Reverting to 276 makes it operational.

-J

We couldn't reproduce this.  Maybe start a new thread and see if anyone else has any ideas.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

matshif

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 09:09:38 pm »

Blade skin is back

dcwebman

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2005, 09:45:49 am »

Tagging cover art still happens in the foreground.
Jeff

jgreen

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2005, 10:02:25 am »

LisaRCT--
I confirm this file renaming, exactly as you say.  Additionally, it renames previous .wav files and .wma files, as long as internet stream is mp3.  Does not occur with .ram.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2005, 09:33:58 pm »

Synching an ipod:

Click synch. Available memory is shown as 17.8MB.
Click Transer. An "Out of memory" dialogue pops up, and then at the end of the synch there is a message about 1 file unable to be transferred.

Try synching again with same smartlist. same error.

Remove some files from the smarlitst and there is now 54MB available space on the ipod. Try to synch again and all works ok.

If 17MB isnt enough space to do a synch, then maybe the available space could be calculated differently for an ipod. Or you could pop up a message.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2005, 06:37:05 am »

A little bug.
My images do not have the Name-tag filled.
After using 'Rotate Left' this is filled with the filename.
I should not do that ......

Dutch Peter
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2005, 12:46:06 am »

MC still doesn't handle not being able to load a library very well. If I cancel/exit out of loading my Library Server I get a Critical Error window saying:
Media Center failed to load any library. This is a critical error, and the program must stop running. Please re-install the latest version.
After I click Ok on this window there is an application error.

So, I understand that this is a critical error and MC can't run, but it has nothing to do with a re-install and we certainly shouldn't be seeing an app err.

I also recognize this is a fringe case and probably low priority.

diedi

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2005, 07:13:40 am »

Sorry for my English..I'm italian
I found a bug with burn cd function..
I can't create an audio cd starting from mp3 which on another cd,but I can do that if they are on HD.For example:
mp3 on CD -> Cd audio(With cd burn function)..NO
mp3 on HD -> Cd audio......................................YES  :D
CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE?

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2005, 10:54:26 pm »

DVD Playback is extremely pixelated. PowerDVD is installed on the system and it plays DVDs fine. Media Center indicates in DVD Playback Options that it is set to use the Power DVD filters. Between 20-30% of CPU is being used during playback, so that doesn't seem to be the problem.

modelmaker

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2005, 01:17:41 am »

I added this to another thread and copied it here in case it got missed there:

Playing only vbr hi mp3s from a "random" smartlist. 21k files in playlist.

Behavior: Start play, MC plays a song or 2 and hangs after cutting the last 5 secs off the song. Hit play/pause a couple of times and pl;ayback resumes with the next song but with the cover art of the previous song. After a minute or 2 of playing again, MC just stutters and I get the following error message:

"Internal play buffer error: playing buffer accumulated too much spent data".

I have gone back build 276 and everything  is ok.

Media Center Registered 11.0.276 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
AMD Athlon 1647 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 319 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1612 (xpsp2.041207-1145) / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3900.7032 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2005, 03:53:43 am »

I re-installed my Media Server machine, and re-built my library from scratch.

I have around 152Gb of MP3 (26270 tracks)

When I re-opened MC some time later, I find lots of track names missing from tracks. These are scattered throughout the library.

Using "Fill Properties From Filename" re-instates the track names, but it's a little disconcerting for this to have happened in MC so close to release...

---
Media Center Registered 11.0.279 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1821 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 298 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2627 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050309-1648) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-106D   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Cheers
Rob

dremo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2005, 01:27:02 pm »

Synching an ipod:

Click synch. Available memory is shown as 17.8MB.
Click Transer. An "Out of memory" dialogue pops up, and then at the end of the synch there is a message about 1 file unable to be transferred.

I have the same problem with my iPod mini. From previous responses from the MC people, I'm not sure this is going to be fixed.  They told me to reduce the files that are syncing until I don't get the error.

d.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2005, 02:05:50 pm »

MC still doesn't handle not being able to load a library very well. If I cancel/exit out of loading my Library Server I get a Critical Error window saying:After I click Ok on this window there is an application error.

So, I understand that this is a critical error and MC can't run, but it has nothing to do with a re-install and we certainly shouldn't be seeing an app err.

I also recognize this is a fringe case and probably low priority.

Qythyx - did you do something to your default library? Have you deleted any of your libraries?

j

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2005, 03:04:03 pm »

We couldn't reproduce this.  Maybe start a new thread and see if anyone else has any ideas.

Thanks.

Oops, I was able to reproduce this... it 's fixed in the next release...

j

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2005, 03:54:55 pm »

A small one:

After loading a new Playing Now the Recent Playing Now's only updates after a refresh (i.e. through pushing F5).

Dutch Peter
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up