INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ associates with unnecssary file types  (Read 2324 times)

satchmo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
MJ associates with unnecssary file types
« on: October 01, 2003, 05:47:58 pm »

I have MJ Plus 8.0.393

The program grabs hold of all manner of files that have seemingly nothing to do with music files.  This is a problem in that I cannot open jpg files, as MJ has associated itself with them [for example, jpg files show up in Explorer with the MJ icon; and MJ opens when I click on one of these].  

Where do I go to tell MJ not to associate with files types other than, say, MP3 and wav?  

Thanks!

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: MJ associates with unnecssary file types
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 06:13:54 pm »

MJ>Settings>Options>File Associations

Uncheck the ones you do not want associated with MJ. I do not believe doing so will return the association to it's former owner.

10-27

PS: If your looking for the ultimate in fast loading image viewers, do a google on IrfanView (it will even open Photoshop *.psd's). It is killer.

satchmo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2003, 06:45:19 pm »

I have already done this and it does not solve the problem.  That is, from Seettings/Options/File Associations I have selected only MP3 and MP3 playlist associations.  Despite this, MJ grabs jpg files.  What am I missing?

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2003, 07:01:45 pm »

I think it is because you need another app to make the association with the *.jpg's. DL and install IrfanView. During the installation process, it will throw up a file associations screen. Pay close attention to this and make your selections. If you don't want to install it, then open up your "My Documents" folder off the desktop. Now go to Tools>Folder Options>File Types and scroll down to the jpg extension. Hit the Change button...select whatever viewer you used to use from the list. Save it and try it on a jpg. You should be set.

10-27

satchmo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2003, 09:06:17 pm »

Good call!  MJ has been trumped by IrfanView, which is as you say, a really killer program.  Thanks!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up