INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Download to PC  (Read 2431 times)

Irockmecca

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Download to PC
« on: June 01, 2005, 10:17:50 pm »

I just got a new laptop.  I am trying to download my music from the Ipod to the laptop.  I selected all the songs on the Ipod, right clicked and clicked "Download to PC," selected a folder, and started.  I got an error message, and about 600 of my 3000ish songs were on the laptop(the last 600 songs alpha order).

Is there an easy way to transfer my songs and playlists from either the Ipod or the desktop to the notebook?

I am using version 10.0.173

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Download to PC
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 12:56:54 pm »

What you are doing is the way to go. Why it is failing is hard to guess at. Did MC give you an error? What happens if you try to transfer track 601 by itself?

In the case of iPod, you could just drag and drop the files directly from the iPod to your PC, although that is essentially what MC is doing in the background so if we are failing that may fail to.

Irockmecca

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 07:52:15 pm »

Hi Steve,  Thanks for the response. 

The error is from MC.  It says "File upload error."  I get this same message when I try to upload song #600 or pretty much any other song that didnt make it the first time.

I just deleted all the files and tried to start over in another folder.  Now none of the songs get transfered, and I get the same "File upload error" message.

Also, when I try to drag and drop or copy files from the Ipod like I would any other drive, I dont see any files.

Help would be much appreciated. Thanks again.

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 08:25:35 am »

I just deleted all the files and tried to start over in another folder.  Now none of the songs get transfered, and I get the same "File upload error" message.

Also, when I try to drag and drop or copy files from the Ipod like I would any other drive, I dont see any files.

I am not following what is going on here. If you do not see files on iPod from within Explorer (in all the F00 - F19 folders) then you do not have files on your iPod. My guess is that your iPod database thinks there are files on iPod that do not exist and those are the files that are failing. You can verify this by taking note of the filepath that MC lists for one of the 'failing' files and then browse via Explorer to that path and verify that the file is there. If it is, drop it onto your PC using Explorer and see what happens. If it is not, that is your problem.

Steve

Irockmecca

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 10:25:57 am »

When I try to browse the Ipod in Explorer, I see three folders: contacts, calanders, and notes.  No F00-F19 folders.

I am guessing the problem is total ignorance on my part, and I would appreciate any help.

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 10:45:19 am »

A lot of possible issues here.

In Explorer, right click on your iPod and select 'Properties'. Check the available space. This will tell you if you probably have files on the iPod or not.

In Explorer go to Tools->Folder Options->View and try deselecting 'Show hidden files and folders' if it is selected. This might allow you to see more.

We have to verify first if the files you think are on iPod are there. If they are, then we can address why there are failures transferring them to your PC.

Irockmecca

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 06:00:28 pm »

It was the 'Show hidden files and folders' tab that I needed to click.  I now see the folders.

Whats next?

SteveG

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 09:26:49 am »

OK.

Let's clarify the issue now.

about 600 of my 3000ish songs were on the laptop(the last 600 songs alpha order).

Pick a song that is failing to transfer to your PC via MC and browse to it manually on your iPod via Explorer (use the path that MC is reporting under 'Filename' for the failing file).  Try to locate it and if you do, then try to transfer it to your PC using Explorer and see what happens.

Steve

Irockmecca

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 08:33:50 am »

The error message was "cannot copy 3375: the parameter is incorrect."

I tried "send to" and copy and paste.

SteveG

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 07:59:42 pm »

That was the error when transferring using Explorer or MC?

Irockmecca

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2005, 09:29:12 pm »

Using explorer.

SteveG

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2005, 08:59:31 am »

If you cannot copy the file using explorer, you will not be able to with us either. Not sure what the 3375 error is.

Pages: [1]   Go Up