INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11: Correct ripping procedure?  (Read 1086 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
MC11: Correct ripping procedure?
« on: June 02, 2005, 06:11:39 pm »

I put a CD in for ripping. MC detected it and I got the box asking the three options to do with it. I selected Rip because that's what I wanted to do. MC found the CD in YADB and immediately started ripping it. The problem is that the CD it detected had Various Artists as the artist and I have now gotten accustomed to using Assorted, mainly because of the Rename Files from Properties option. So I had to cancel the ripping, correct the artist name to Assorted, delete the Various Artists folder in my audio directory, and then re-rip.

I've been doing this awhile but I guess I never questioned this before. What is the correct way to do this? I guess I should I have said don't do anything and then rip it manually with the Action box, but that's kind of defeating the purpose and nicety of the Rip option in the popup box.

Perhaps MC should go do its thing and then just list the Rip CD box so I could verify everything was correct and then I would simply click the Rip button if okay. Or am I missing something here?
Jeff
Jeff

modelmaker

Re: MC11: Correct ripping procedure?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 06:55:10 pm »

You could've just let it rip and then gone into tagging mode after and just changed the artist . File Properties>Tag Info, Select All, change artists name.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

dcwebman

Re: MC11: Correct ripping procedure?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 08:14:40 am »

I think I'm going to have to do the "do nothing" next time. It's just that rip seems like it should let you verify what it finds in YADB before the ripping actually happens. I know on more than one occasion the information from YADB is not correct. And yes, I could have corrected it after but after tagging/retagging @13,000 files already, I don't feel like having to do it afterwards.  ;)  BTW, in this case the proper tagging after correcting the artist like you said would next have been Library Tools - Rename Files from Properties to move the files to the Assorted folder instead of keeping in the Various Artists folder that it created. A lot of steps rather than doing it correctly the first time.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up