INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Make sure your path in media your media library points to right location  (Read 1147 times)

jonathanl

Running version 11.0.280.  under win98.
All file locations appear ok
Imported files into library, but on playback get the error message
" Make sure your path in media your media library points to right location"
What does this actually mean, and how can I fix it?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

It means the file MC is trying to play isn't in the place that the library says it is.  A drive letter changed or something like that.  Hover over a file that won't play and you'll see the location.  Then check to see if it's there by using Windows Explorer.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird

Code: [Select]
Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files.
Please make sure your that the path in your media library points to the right location.

I have seen that error message when I have tried to play APL or CUE tracks with Library Server (those file types don't work currently with the server). The error message usually means that MC cannot access the files for some reason as JimH said.

I suppose your are not using Library Server since you didn't mention it.

If you can't resolve the problem just by checking and fixing the file locations more information is needed. For example: What are the exact filenames and paths. What is the file format? What program was used for encoding them? Are the files copy protected? Can you play any files? What is your storage media (a local hard drive or something else)? Anything else that could help to help?

BTW, Welcome to the forum.  :)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jonathanl

Where is the path set in Media Centre? ie which option is it using?
or is it a hidden entry in the registry?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird

The paths are the file locations on the disc. Every file has its own filename path. MC registers that information to its database on import. Later on MC uses the information stored in its database for finding the files. If the file locations or names are changed outside MC the links get broken.

There can be other reasons for your problem too.

If you could try to answer my questions perhaps you could be helped better.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up