INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.282 Release Candidate  (Read 3391 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.282 Release Candidate
« on: June 02, 2005, 01:28:23 pm »

We're just about ready to release Media Center 11.0.  We appreciate your bug reports.  PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE WITHOUT READING THE FOLLOWING:
Post only bugs you are certain about here.  Post questions or anything else in a new thread with a subject like "MC11: CD ripping problem"   If you can't find your post here, please look in the main index.   All feature requests should be postponed until MC11.0 is released.  Media Center 11 is available here:  ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110282.exe   (End of required reading)

11.0.282 (6/2/05)

1. Fixed: Nomad and Dell auto plugin installation was not updating to the correct version.
2. Fixed: A non-functional "Download" item would appear on the tree following a service file download.

11.0.281 (6/2/05)

1. Fixed: Package installer / check for updates would not always appear skinned.
2. Fixed: Remote drive configuration edit would not remember playlist file base path.
3. Changed: If tags are updated from a portable device, the tag writing will occur as soon as the library is updated.
4. Fixed: Audible tracks were not getting imported (and played) following a successful download.
5. Changed: "Rename From Info" would not allow an empty directory rule to be saved.
6. Fixed: When a rip downloaded cover art, it could overwrite images from a previous rip that were set manually during the same session.
7. Fixed: MP3 encoder download would occasionally get stuck in a loop.
8. Fixed: When resetting the handheld devices, MC would not show newly found devices in some areas until the program was restarted.
9. Fixed: Deleting queued files from a handheld view could delete the physical file in some cases.
10. Fixed: Importing a playlist of internet images would download each image, causing a big slowdown.
11. NEW: Updated image editor artwork.

11.0.280 (5/31/05)

1. Fixed: DirectSound playback could throw a "too much spent data" message in some cases.
2. Fixed: Tooltips were not working properly in the Action Window.
3. Fixed: Playing Internet radio could change the track properties of the previous file in Playing Now in some cases.
4. Fixed: When playing very short tracks with the Disk Writer output plugin, filenames would not always be generated properly.
5. Fixed: For CD audio files, the bit depth, sample rate, and number of channels were not collected and displayed properly.
6. Fixed: Could not find Media Servers.
7. Fixed: Importing large data files could cause an "out of memory" error in some cases.
8. Fixed: For audio CD burns, tracks with duration less than 2 seconds are not allowed since they cause an error during burning.
9. Changed: Pages showing user interaction have been removed from the installation if 'Express' setup is selected.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
UPnP device support
Audible.com Store -- full integration (downloads, playback, bookmarks, etc.)
Sony PSP support
iPod -- Support for multiple iPods with different profiles
New file format -- Shockwave (SWF)
RAW image support (crw,cr2,nef,mrw,orf,raf,pef,dng,srf)
Multi-channel support (5.1, 7.1, etc.) for WAV and WMA files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Media Center 11.0.281 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 03:56:04 pm »

11. NEW: Updated image editor artwork.

I tried Image Editor and noticed two things:

- Help doesn't work.
- The rest of MC cannot be accessed if the editor is open. I had some music playing and the phone rang. I wasn't able to quickly change the playback volume. I had to cancel (or save) my unfinished work first.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Media Center 11.0.282 Release Candidate
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 05:37:11 pm »

Options > Encoding > Normalise before encoding (CD Ripping and Recording)

The % value cannot be saved.

(PsYcHoCoP wrote about this bug in another thread.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Wile E. One

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 05:56:07 pm »

Please fix the bug where MC will not maximize when the display is in windowed mode (described in this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=27963.msg194012#msg194012.

This only happens when the option to "minimize to system tray" is checked.

Media Center Registered 11.0.282 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1409 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 691 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2627 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050309-1648) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-24102B         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Now isn't this just typical of whereever this is?

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 02:26:20 am »

Burnt 3 audio CDs this morning and at the end of each one (all successful) my PC froze with 100% CPU usage for over 50secs after the new CD had been ejcted and before the "burn/print/quit" dialogue came up. Haven't burnt a CD for several builds now so I don't know how long this delay has been present - it always used to be about 20 secs for me.

John

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 06:28:07 am »

Post only bugs you are certain about here.

Ok.  A variation of an old problem still exists:

The right-click menu is cancelled if the Actiion Window -> File Properties -> Image is active and you are viewing a view scheme and you right-click on an item in the top half of the Content window and that click requires the Image to be drawn (because it is new).

I'm viewing a view scheme that is by Artist (Group), Artist and Year-Album and have an Artist selected with 7 albums (in the far right pane).  Right-clicking on those albums always takes two clicks because the album cover art for each has to be drawn on each click.  This is just like the old problem noticed with other right-clicks and fixed a few releases back.  So, this type of right-click is still broke.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 10:14:31 am »

Please fix the bug where MC will not maximize when the display is in windowed mode (described in this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=27963.msg194012#msg194012.

This only happens when the option to "minimize to system tray" is checked.

Media Center Registered 11.0.282 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1409 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 691 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2627 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050309-1648) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-24102B         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

For MC 11, if you want both displays at once and want to minimize to the tray, hold shift while entering windowed mode.  For better or worse, the intended flow for most users is that the program is only in one mode at a time.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

UnknownID

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 10:35:29 am »

In Options > Playback
Clicking on the Help button brings up a "Page cannot be displayed" error.

UnknownID

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 11:02:27 am »

... hold shift while entering windowed mode... 

This seems to be a useful, but undocumented feature. I checked the Help and couldn't find it. Windowed View is mentioned several times, but not this shift option. It could be added there.

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 01:32:14 pm »

MC is either showing or writing the cover art to files incorrectly. It is shifting the art almost 5 pixels to the left on random albums. The only consistency I have noticed is that it is on all of the files in an album, not just one. However, it is not consistent to all albums.

http://www.bgracetfaith.net/misc/coverart.gif
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2005, 01:49:52 pm »

In Options > Playback
Clicking on the Help button brings up a "Page cannot be displayed" error.

UnknownID

Confirmed.
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2005, 01:57:51 pm »

MC is either showing or writing the cover art to files incorrectly. It is shifting the art almost 5 pixels to the left on random albums. The only consistency I have noticed is that it is on all of the files in an album, not just one. However, it is not consistent to all albums.

i have this issue too
Tamer

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2005, 04:00:37 pm »

I was trying to convert some etree.org SHN files I had to APE.  MC begins the conversion process, but then just quits with no error message.  The files it "converted" had to be restored from the Recycle Bin because the APEs it created were corrupted (the APEs created using this process end up only being a few kilobytes in size).

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2005, 04:27:21 pm »

Now I am lucky mc11 owner :)

ich realy like to use my card reader to save mp3s for my phone/mp3player.
and i have noticed that i cannot select where it should copy (directory structure). and because of this all files allways get dumped into the "root" of the card in use.

is this feature planned ?
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)
Pages: [1]   Go Up