INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MPEG plugin does not support MPEG layer 1 files  (Read 1167 times)

hsc

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
MPEG plugin does not support MPEG layer 1 files
« on: June 06, 2005, 08:19:49 am »

Hi,
I upgraded from version 10 to 11.0.282 recently and so far I'm in general very happy with the new functunality. But one odd thing I encountered was the error message "MPEG plugin does not support MPEG layer 1 files" playing one specific mp3 from my collection. The file playes fine without any errors in version 10 and any other player I use. Encspot also did not find any errors and reports the file as 192kBit/44.1kHz/mpeg 1 layer III. On the other hand Mp3Tag identifies the same file as Mpeg 1 Layer 1/32kHz/128kBit.
So I assume there is something not quite right with the file, but nevertheless it was usable in version 10. Has someone an idea what is causing the change of behaviour? Does V11 do more error checking upfront? Are there any other good tools out there to check mp3 files?

Thanks,
Hsc

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: MPEG plugin does not support MPEG layer 1 files
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 10:49:52 am »

Are you using the "MP3 Encoder" or the "External Encoder"?

j

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 10:54:02 am »

Also, I need the exact text of the error message. Is the above message exactly what is shown?

j

hsc

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 12:34:40 pm »

The error actually happens during playback, so it is more the MP3 decoder? The error message comes in an information popup with the following text:

"Media center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files.
Playback Engine: MPEG plugin does not support MPEG layer 1 files.
Please make sure that the path in your media library  points to the right location."

This appears only if the file is the only one in the playlist. If there are other files MC just skips over it.

I now did some additional tests inside MC: I removed the file from the lib and did a re-import (no errrors). In "FILE TYPE INFO" it is shown as
  MPEG- Layer 3
  192 Kbit CBR 
  44.1 Khz Stereo

Thanks for the quick response and just let me know if any further information could be helpful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up