INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.285 Release Candidate  (Read 4246 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.285 Release Candidate
« on: June 06, 2005, 06:24:37 pm »

We're just about ready to release Media Center 11.0.  We appreciate your bug reports.  PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE WITHOUT READING THE FOLLOWING:
Post only bugs you are certain about here.  Post questions or anything else in a new thread with a subject like "MC11: CD ripping problem"   If you can't find your post here, please look in the main index.   All feature requests should be postponed until MC11.0 is released.  Media Center 11 is available here:  ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110285.exe   (End of required reading)

11.0.285 (6/6/05)

1. Changed: The YADB multiple result dialog now allows scrolling for long results.
2. Added: Functionality for one time Audible device (computer) activation when playing Audible files for the first time.
3. Changed: WMDM and MTP interfaces for MC updated and optimized.
4. Changed: Several internal architecture updates. (removed JROptionsHelper, changed tool loading / installing, etc.)

11.0.283 (6/3/05)

1. Changed: MC better copes with alpha transparency in a skin's combobox drop button.
2. Fixed: Image editor had a non-function "Help" button in its menu.
3. Fixed: When nothing was playing while in Windowed View, clicking the system tray icon wouldn't bring the window to the front.
4. Changed: Clicking the system tray icon while in Windowed View of Mini View will toggle between showing and hidding the view. (like Standard View)
5. Fixed: Winamp 2.x style skins could cause the minimize to system tray icon setting to be toggled.
6. Fixed: A few of the help links in Options were not working properly.
7. Changed: Removed experimental DVD decoder selection box from properties dialog.
8. Fixed: Encoder options "Normalize Before" percentage was not being filled correctly.
9. Fixed: Media Center would fail to properly shutdown in some cases.
10. Fixed: Right-clicking in the panes on a new item could cancel the menu with some Action Window pages visible.

11.0.282 (6/2/05)

1. Fixed: Nomad and Dell auto plugin installation was not updating to the correct version.
2. Fixed: A non-functional "Download" item would appear on the tree following a service file download.

11.0.281 (6/2/05)

1. Fixed: Package installer / check for updates would not always appear skinned.
2. Fixed: Remote drive configuration edit would not remember playlist file base path.
3. Changed: If tags are updated from a portable device, the tag writing will occur as soon as the library is updated.
4. Fixed: Audible tracks were not getting imported (and played) following a successful download.
5. Changed: "Rename From Info" would not allow an empty directory rule to be saved.
6. Fixed: When a rip downloaded cover art, it could overwrite images from a previous rip that were set manually during the same session.
7. Fixed: MP3 encoder download would occasionally get stuck in a loop.
8. Fixed: When resetting the handheld devices, MC would not show newly found devices in some areas until the program was restarted.
9. Fixed: Deleting queued files from a handheld view could delete the physical file in some cases.
10. Fixed: Importing a playlist of internet images would download each image, causing a big slowdown.
11. NEW: Updated image editor artwork.

11.0.280 (5/31/05)

1. Fixed: DirectSound playback could throw a "too much spent data" message in some cases.
2. Fixed: Tooltips were not working properly in the Action Window.
3. Fixed: Playing Internet radio could change the track properties of the previous file in Playing Now in some cases.
4. Fixed: When playing very short tracks with the Disk Writer output plugin, filenames would not always be generated properly.
5. Fixed: For CD audio files, the bit depth, sample rate, and number of channels were not collected and displayed properly.
6. Fixed: Could not find Media Servers.
7. Fixed: Importing large data files could cause an "out of memory" error in some cases.
8. Fixed: For audio CD burns, tracks with duration less than 2 seconds are not allowed since they cause an error during burning.
9. Changed: Pages showing user interaction have been removed from the installation if 'Express' setup is selected.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
UPnP device support
Audible.com Store -- full integration (downloads, playback, bookmarks, etc.)
Sony PSP support
iPod -- Support for multiple iPods with different profiles
New file format -- Shockwave (SWF)
RAW image support (crw,cr2,nef,mrw,orf,raf,pef,dng,srf)
Multi-channel support (5.1, 7.1, etc.) for WAV and WMA files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 11.0.285 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 09:12:37 am »

Several threads requiring discussion were split.

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 12:49:50 pm »

Hi, i can't install with this version the Musepack encoder plugin, i tried in the plugins page the normal way, and also the manual way and it won't install. i'm using internet explorer, i also tried firefox but nothing
Made in Portugal

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 01:49:48 pm »

When I'm exploring the Drives & Devices root in the left hand tree, and I start getting deep into the directory structure of my C drive, I eventually get to the point where I get too deep and the last thing in the list is an open folder icon followed by 2 inches of blank space, followed by the rest of the tree.

It sure would be nice if I could just scroll left and right in this frame to see the folders that are opened off to the right, instead of having to widen this frame.

Cheers,
Jeff

malena

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 01:56:53 pm »

sorry, my english is not so good.I have made a mistake today. I have downloaded trial version of MC 11, but I allready have registered version of MC 10. My MC 10 isn't working anymore.Is it possible to  return to the previous version or to upgrade it to MC 11?

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 02:19:35 pm »

Hi, i can't install with this version the Musepack encoder plugin, i tried in the plugins page the normal way, and also the manual way and it won't install. i'm using internet explorer, i also tried firefox but nothing

The musepack encoder no longer works with MC11 :(  It won't work again until somebody updates it to the new encoder API...

-John

modelmaker

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 03:07:20 am »

When I'm exploring the Drives & Devices root in the left hand tree, and I start getting deep into the directory structure of my C drive, I eventually get to the point where I get too deep and the last thing in the list is an open folder icon followed by 2 inches of blank space, followed by the rest of the tree.

It sure would be nice if I could just scroll left and right in this frame to see the folders that are opened off to the right, instead of having to widen this frame.

Cheers,
Jeff

I sure do miss the left-right scrollbar in the tree view, for the same reasons. It's a real pain to have to resize the pane (twice) in order to see the folders. Please bring back the scroll bar.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

dcpete

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 03:21:14 pm »

Here's a bug.  I'm not sure how long it's been in 11 - a few releases, I think.

1. Under Library tools/Convert Format/Convertor Settings. 
2. Enable location. 
3. Browse to somewhere, then press "Make New Folder".
4. Type in name of new folder.
5. Note that the path name at the top of the dialog box still says "New Folder", even after creating the new name.  if you leave it as is, it will actually store files in the folder named "New Folder", not the one you just created.
6. A simple work-around is once the directory is created, select a different directory and then go back to the newly created directory and all is fine again.

Minor problem, but a bug none-the-less.

Chris

jgreen

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 03:23:23 pm »

Version .285 has difficulty scrolling through lists compared to versions .283 and .281.  A list of 200 or so entries in playing now cannot refresh as fast as the scroll bar can move.  Similarly, dragging and dropping is now slow to respond at the destination, compared to .283 and .281.

dcpete

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 03:46:24 pm »

Here's another minor bug.  Or maybe it's a feature, but somehow I doubt it. 

1. Under View/Media Mode, change from the default view of "All Media" to "Audio".
2. Shut down MC.
3. Bring MC back up.
4. Note that this option is back to the default "All Media". The option doesn't "stick".

Chris

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2005, 03:54:58 pm »

1. Under View/Media Mode, change from the default view of "All Media" to "Audio".
2. Shut down MC.
3. Bring MC back up.
4. Note that this option is back to the default "All Media". The option doesn't "stick".

MC has an option for that: Options > Startup > Startup Interface > Remember Media Mode
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up