INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem accessing INTERACT FORUM from new computer  (Read 704 times)

schwaa

• Junior Woodchuck
  • and then...
problem accessing INTERACT FORUM from new computer
« on: June 07, 2005, 02:27:53 pm »

I just got a brand new Dell computer, loaded my basic software on it (e.g. Office, Norton SystemWorks, HP Printer Software) and cannot get to this site from it.  It hangs and gets an error that says the page cannot be displayed (I am typing from another computer).  Is there an Active X, Java App, or something else that my new machine just does not have loaded yet?  What could be preventing me from accessing these pages from this new Optiplex?  http://yabb.jrmediacenter.com/interact/ is as far as I can get, and even that page does not load completely (only text).  Clicking on Media Center from there gets me to "The page cannot be displayed" again.  From what I can tell, other sites seem fine.

Thanks! My Media Center is my most used software program and I cannot get to the right page to load it.  Yikes.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: problem accessing INTERACT FORUM from new computer
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 02:32:56 pm »

MC doesn't require anything special.

Try working with IE first and make sure you can connect.  What happens?

Did you reboot?

schwaa

• Junior Woodchuck
  • and then...
Re: problem accessing INTERACT FORUM from new computer
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 03:17:53 pm »

The problem I think was that I on my new machine I copied cookies from my old machine.  Though names and all are the same, it appears that it made some sites hang, like this one. 

Thanks for the fast response.  All is well!
Pages: [1]   Go Up