INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11: Unknown IPOD Error  (Read 637 times)

jims

• Recent member
MC11: Unknown IPOD Error
« on: June 16, 2005, 01:34:16 pm »

I've been using MC11 with my ipod for a while and it was working great, but today I tried to sync and it's not working.

With the ipod docked, I start MC11, click on 'Drives & Devices', It says 'Analyzing Devices...',  and the iPod shows up as 'iPod (E:)', I left cick on 'iPod (E:)' and it says 'Initializing Portable', then a alert window called 'hh_portable' pops up but there is no message, just an "OK" button.

I'm using MC 11.0.293.

I've had to re-initialize my ipod a few times with MC11, I hope I don't have to do it again  :'(

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC11: Unknown IPOD Error
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 08:12:33 pm »

It appears that your iPod database is corrupted. The reasons could very likely be for things that don't involve us (i.e. another application accessing your iPod, etc).

Anyway, the best solution is to close MC and  browse via Explorer to your iPod and then locate a file called iTunesDB (in your iPod_Control folder). Delete the file. When you next run MC you will see your iPod but none of the files on it (even though they are there). Right click on the iPod and select 'Rebuild database on iPod'  and  you should then be able to see the files (but no playlists). Resync and the playlists should reappear.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up