INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Find database edited tracks?  (Read 623 times)

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
Find database edited tracks?
« on: June 18, 2005, 12:08:40 pm »

Is there a field that will reveal which tracks have been edited in the database?

The scenario is MC11 (around v.240) destroyed the contents of the Name field in the database.  I had to use the "reload from tags" library function to get them back.  Now that I've edited those and a number of other tracks I'd like to reapply them BACK to the ID3 tags in the files themselves.  I'd prefer, however, not to force the edits on tracks that haven't actually changed. 

The "Date Modified" field doesn't appear to be a database timestamp.  Is there one?  I say "doesn't appear" because a search based on [Date Modified]=>=1440 doesn't restrict itself from the ones known to be actually modified in the database. 

How can I find only the tracks that have been changed since their import? 

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Find database edited tracks?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 12:31:07 pm »

Have you disabled the option Update tags when file info changes? By default MC keeps the file tags synchronized with the database. The Date Modified field does note change if the disk files are not changed by MC.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Find database edited tracks?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 04:06:51 pm »

Well, something's not right.  I made the "Date Modified" column visible in a view and sorted it descending.  I can see that tracks have recent timestamps.  But I can't seem to search on them in a smart view.  I'm guessing it might have something to do with the string needed to filter them. 

What's the right smart view search string to use to see tracks with the 'Date Modified' column of the last 24 hours? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up