INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burning M4P files bought from iTunes?  (Read 1090 times)

secretsuperstar

• Recent member
Burning M4P files bought from iTunes?
« on: June 20, 2005, 08:04:05 pm »

I have searched the help file and this forum for answers, but couldn't find any.

I am running Media Center 11.0.298 and when I attempted to burn a CD from one of my playlists today, the CD wouldn't burn, and I got the following error message instead:

"Couldn't start audio recording session."

I attempted this numerous times, and the problem persisted even after freeing up 4GB on my drive and restarting the system. I remembered that two of the tracks in the playlist were M4Ps purchased from iTunes, and when I removed them from the queue, the burning process proceeded as normal (I think so at least- I cancelled so I didn't waste a CD, but it definitely got farther than before).

So, I have questions about Media Center's support of iTunes tracks:
- Am I supposed to be able to burn iTunes tracks from Media Center? (I can play them just fine.)
- I also noticed that Analyze Audio didn't seem to work with the iTunes tracks... it runs really fast and doesn't store any information. Is that expected behavior?

And this is an iTunes-specific question, I guess: Is there any way within iTunes (or Media Center) to find out what I'm licensed to do with my tracks? Like how many burns, whether I can back up the license, etc?

I have burned many CDs on this same system before using MC version 9, but this is my first attempt with MC 11. Like I said, I think my last attempt (without the iTunes tracks) would have worked out fine, but that's not what I wanted. Only Media Center makes CDs the way I like them, as far as I know- with cross-fade and normalized track volumes...

Thanks for any information/assistance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Burning M4P files bought from iTunes?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 09:09:29 pm »

I don't think you can burn Apple's tracks from MC.  You may be able to with iTunes.  I'm not sure.

secretsuperstar

• Recent member
Re: Burning M4P files bought from iTunes?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 11:26:55 am »

I don't think you can burn Apple's tracks from MC.  You may be able to with iTunes.  I'm not sure.

You can burn them from iTunes, but their CD burning blows compared to MC.

Oh well. Guess I'll have to buy the CDs.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up