INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.299 Release  (Read 7473 times)

SwellGuy

Media Center 11.0.299 Release
« on: June 21, 2005, 04:48:02 pm »

We're ready to release Media Center 11.0.  PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:  Post bugs you are certain about here.  Anything else will be moved or deleted.  If you can't find your post here, please look in the main index.   Feature requests should be postponed until MC11.0 is released. 

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110299.exe

11.0.299 (6/21/05)

1. Fixed: When navigating to Web Media from a toolbar (or Alt+8), a blank page was displayed instead of the radio station listings.
2. Fixed: The edit box for typing in a path was missing from the Import Media / Browse for Folder dialog box.
3. Fixed: Sound recorder crashed if uncompressed wave was chosen for output format.
4. Changed: Increased adaptive prebuffering amount for slower sources / network connections to help avoid playback dropouts.
5. Changed: TV now excludes network drives and CDROMs when looking for a default folder for video recording.

11.0.298 (6/20/05)

1. Fixed: When transferring files to a portable device, if the file had illegal characters in the tag and the option to create folders from tags was enabled for a field with an illegal character, the file would have failed to transfer.
2. Fixed: When closing fullscreen mode using the control bar on top, the screen resolution would not be restored until MC was closed.
3. Changed: When switching fullscreen resolution settings, the changes are now applied immediately. (instead of after leaving and returning to fullscreen)

11.0.297 (6/18/05)

1. Changed: HDTV video size info is displayed on-screen not only in normal viewing mode (as introduced in 11.0.296), but also in time-shifting mode.
2. Fixed: For WinTV PVR devices, one could not switch out of the "Recording" page on TV Options window (introduced in 11.0.293).
3. Fixed: Library browser would not show the first visible item when switching tabs in some cases.
4. Fixed: When pasting a URL to a JPEG for a file's image, MC could reencode the file in some cases.

11.0.296 (6/17/05)

1. Fixed: Conversion settings for Portables would not always yield the correct space estimation after transfer.
2. Fixed: The handheld sync tree would not show playlist names in some cases.
3. Fixed: Image - Paste From Clipboard (URL) wasn't working properly.
4. New: Signal Strength is briefly displayed in OSD along with station name info when a digital TV channel is played.

11.0.295 (6/16/05)

1. Fixed: In some cases, when switch tracks with different sample rates, it could take longer for the track switch to occur than expected.
2. New: HDTV video size info (1080i, 720p etc.) is displayed in OSD shortly after the device is tuned to a channel.
3. Fixed: Visualizations could crash in some cases. (unique to 294)

11.0.294 (6/16/05)

1. Fixed: Radio on MP101 would not play if Artist was empty.
2. Changed: Many of the command-line commands were case-sensitive - they are now case-insensitive.
3. Fixed: MC was locking-up when deleting files from SmartLists.

11.0.293 (6/14/05)

1. New: TV Configuration window is now available in time-shifting mode (some items are not available, or will not take effect immediately in this mode).
2. Fixed: Some items on TV Configuration window were not disabled even though they were not available for certain devices.
3. Fixed: TV would unload if user attempts to start Configuration window during recording/time-shifting.
4. Fixed: Video properties (brightness etc.) adjustment was not available during time-shifting for digital TV.
5. Fixed: in the UPnP Server, longer lists would lose information at the end.
6. Fixed: The Library Server client could not play local files (through Drives and Devices) when conversion was enabled.
7. Fixed: When pasting a URL to an image into MC, the file could be recompressed in some cases.
8. Changed: MC does a better job of not running a search while typing quickly in the search box, but instead runs the search after a pause in typing.
9. Fixed: Auto sync would not have worked for some portable devices.
10. Changed: Zen Micro will run the Nomad plugin if on Windows 2000 (as opposed to MTP)

New or Improved in MC 11

New database caching layer that makes many parts of MC significantly faster
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing
CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views allow you to look at two or more views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC now works with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
New Image Editor
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so session pictures are grouped automatically
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support with recording and time shifting
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
UPnP device support for playback through a home theater system
Audible.com Store -- full integration (downloads, playback, bookmarks, etc.)
Sony PSP support
iPod -- Support for multiple iPods with different profiles
New file format -- Shockwave (SWF)
RAW image support (crw,cr2,nef,mrw,orf,raf,pef,dng,srf)
Multi-channel support (5.1, 7.1, etc.) for WAV and WMA files.

Pink Waters

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Finally I understand the feelings of the few
Re: Media Center 11.0.299 Release
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 04:54:12 pm »

if you made something in MC ie: tagging, and then you are capable of pressing the undo button you will see the undo button in the topbar blended(disabled) until you click it and then redo will be enabled!

another thing, when scrolling a list of files horizontaly makes the grid and list file dance lol.

another strange problem that really made me go nuts and didnt find an explaination to it:
i have an album of 21 tracks, and every time i click on its files shourtcut in the library browser albums section i get into the files but with track 19 selected which does not show me the top of the list... i dunno why it makes the file selection in the first place !!!!
Tamer

djp

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 08:29:37 am »

From the Library Browser, find some artist and click the "Files" button. Choose some file and select "Delete" (send it to the Recycle Folder or delete it from disk). Then click on the Artist tab in the Browser--hard crash of Media Center.

I gotta believe this is just my system, but it's absolutely repeatable. I've reloaded Media Center, rebooted the computer, created a new library and imported everything again; identical results.

Ideas?

-- Dennis

Media Center Registered 11.0.299 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1829 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 660 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2668 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050430-1553) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive G: PIONEER DVD-ROM DVD-116   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H: ATAPI   CD-RW CW5205      Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive I: TSSTcorpCD/DVDW TS-H552B  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive H: ATAPI    CD-RW CW5205       Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive I: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552B   Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 09:41:09 am »

I can confirm this, but not always!

From the Library Browser, find some artist and click the "Files" button. Choose some file and select "Delete" (send it to the Recycle Folder or delete it from disk). Then click on the Artist tab in the Browser--hard crash of Media Center.

I gotta believe this is just my system, but it's absolutely repeatable. I've reloaded Media Center, rebooted the computer, created a new library and imported everything again; identical results.

Ideas?

-- Dennis
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

JeffreyK

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 09:50:16 am »

I just started using V11 builds last week, so I don't know how long this has been happening (but I did confirm that it still happens in 299):

I have a trackinfo that I partially "borrowed" from someone else's script and partly built myself that includes some script.  It worked fine in v10, but stopped working in v11.

The page loads fine both in Playing Now and in Full Screen, but when in Full Screen mode, it doesn't refresh when the current song changes.

I've stripped the html down to the smallest possible that still repros the bug (and yes, it requires both a setTimeout and the assignment of innerHTML - if either is removed, the page works with no problems):
Code: [Select]
<HTML>
<HEAD>
     <script>
            function Test() {
              Replace.innerHTML = "Replaced"
              window.setTimeout("Test();", 100);
        }

window.onload = Test;
     </script>

</HEAD>

<BODY>
<P>TRACKINFO_INSERT_TITLE
<div id="Replace">&nbsp;</div>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Thanks!
-JeffreyK

JeffreyK

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 09:57:51 am »

Small bug:
Create a new smartlist
click advanced
add rules using the the down arrow menu on the left of the edit box until the edit box is full and starts to scroll

When there is a rule scrolled under the arrow, clicking on the arrow no longer drops the menu and instead acts the same as clicking on the rule under the arrow.

-JeffreyK

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 11:20:33 am »

I've encountered this error for the past two builds, including .299

When I attempt to rename a directory manually, using "Edit Selected Item" through "Drives & Devices", I always get an application error.

"The Instruction at "0x0000000e" references memory at "0x0000000e".  The memory could not be read.

Using "Rename Files from Properties" allows me to rename the directories without the error, but it's a bit more cumbersome doing it that way.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 12:53:23 pm »

I have a sporadic problem, at least with the default skin, when opening Playback options.  It's totally empty, just brown. I see the word Playback, the box that it's in and the three buttons at the bottom (OK, Cancel, Help). And if I click Cancel, I see the full Playback options. I have a screen capture of it, but it's not possible to upload pictures as attachments here, as far as I can see.

It may be more common when opening the options from Zone Manager, but I'm not completely sure. Anyway, XP SP2, totally fresh install.

Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 02:18:41 pm »

Tagging Mode (F4) in a view scheme has become almost useless. It seems that every time an entry is ticked the panes are reloaded, taking several seconds to make MC responsive again for tagging a new set of files. However, in the same exact view scheme, performing the tagging procedures via the Action Window results in al almost instantaneous response.

The problem seems to relate in the "need" of reloading the panes every time.

This behaviour has been experienced in the last several builds.

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2005, 02:25:47 pm »

Hello, I can't download the MPC Enconder plugin that is on the Encoder Plugins page for Media Center 11.
Made in Portugal

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2005, 09:52:18 pm »

Does anyone else find it kinda of disturbing that after all the work, it isn't Matt that finally releases MC11?

Poor guy, probably in the bar, drinking it up. ;)
pretend this is something funny

djp

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2005, 09:56:51 pm »

Further investigation: Works in 285, crashes in 286 and on (at least all the versions I checked).  Problem only appears in the Library Browser--using the old Media Library tree view works fine.

Ideas?

-- Dennis

Sauzee

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2005, 11:20:43 am »

MC 11 still has problems with thumbnail creation - this is a long standing bug.

MC 11 regularly does not display thumbnails in a view scheme when the files do have cover art in the tag.

This applies to individual file thumbnails or album thumbs.

This seems to happen when either cover art was added when one of the tracks on the album was being played or when the album was viewed in thumbnail view mode before the cover art was added.

Thumbnails do appear in playing now and in the action window but not within the view scheme.

The only way to rectify this at the moment is either to remove the cover art and re-import (creating a lot of HDD activity) or to delete all thumbnails and rebuild from scratch ( a time consuming exercise if you have a large library - and one which needs to repeated regularly until the bug is fixed).

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2005, 06:01:03 pm »

Bad news  :(, the problem of syncing to handhelds when the Name or Album has characters that are not allowed in a path isn't 100% fixed.

I have the Genesis CD called "...Calling All Stations...". When I ripped this MC made the folder called "Calling All Stations" and that was fine. But, when I try to sync any of these tracks to my handheld it fails. Interestingly it does create the "Calling All Stations" folder on my handheld, but after that it doesn't copy the track into it.

RoadKill

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2005, 10:33:27 pm »

The volume goes past 100% and will go as far as you feel like scrolling the mouse wheel for, at least it does for Internal Volume.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2005, 11:32:49 pm »

One more bug report. This one's been around for a while, but is pretty minor. Both of these problems only happen when you're streaming from a Library Server and you're reencoding the music.

1. In mini mode, the position slider does not get updated...it's always at the beginning of the track.

2. If you pause a track for a longish time (more than 2 minutes or so) then when you continue, it only plays for about 5 or so seconds and then switches to the next track.

SteveG

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2005, 09:23:22 am »

Qythyx,

I am unable to duplicate the folder creation issue. What folder creation option have you selected? I presume the 'Album' tag is ...Calling All Stations...

Also, please confirm that you can transfer those tracks without the folder option enabled.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2005, 09:40:47 am »

After much frustration with adding and viewing cover art images, I tested the function with each option for an album of 11 files:

I've always stored cover art inside the files and now thumbs are only being created for a small number of my 25,000 files..

marcusaschneider

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2005, 04:42:20 pm »

Hi

I have recently added a collection of > 1700 dng-images to the library. Unfortunately only some of them get a preview - all of them are perfectly shown when "playing" them.
It seems to me that since a few builds (starting around 290) no previews are created anymore.
Tried "Update Thumbnails" etc. - no effect...

Erasing all Thumbnails eventually did the job - now MC is rebuilding them.

Any hints?

Thx and hand

Marcus

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2005, 10:17:17 pm »

Qythyx,

I am unable to duplicate the folder creation issue. What folder creation option have you selected? I presume the 'Album' tag is ...Calling All Stations...

Also, please confirm that you can transfer those tracks without the folder option enabled.

I looked at this more closely and the Album tag was actually "...Calling All Stations ..." (notice the space after "Stations"). I don't know why it had this space.

Anyway, this was the problem. If there is that space then it won't copy, if there is no space then it is fine.

I'll even conjecture a theory why this happens. I know that when you create a folder in Windows Explorer it strips any spaces off of the end of the name. I'm guessing that when MC creates the folder it tries to do so with a space on the end. The Windows API creates the folder, but silently strips the space. Then when MC tries to copy the file it again tries to use the space, but this time the copy fails because there is no path found with a space on the end of it. I could be wrong, but that's my guess.

Tommy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2005, 12:57:19 pm »

BUG: When opening a playlist-group by either clicking the name of the group or the "+"-sign you cannot immediatley get the right popup for a playlist when you right-click it. The playlist-specific options are greyed out ("Update order", "Shuffle" and "Remove duplicates"). When this occurs you have to left-click the desired playlist first, and then right-click again.

Anyway, thanks for the VERY quick fix of the "Analyze audio"-bug in a previous release, really nice work! I've recommended your software to 4 friends who have all bought it...  :)

NickM

• Simplicity isn't always best, but it's easy to fix
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2005, 06:55:03 am »

Well done Shelly - I knew the cover art things weren't quite right, but didn;t have the patience to go through it as you did.
One more thing I notice - when you "Move" files in MC and you have the cover art in each specific album folder, it gets left behind.  I guess it should move with the audio files.
nick

slipknot

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2005, 04:30:35 pm »

I've noticed for the last few builds (11.0.299) that my music will suddenly stop for about half a second and then continue.  During the halt, the track info halts too, processor usage does not increase.  When it happens I am usually doing some I/O to another drive - like running Karen's Replicator.  But sometimes it happens when MC is the only program running.

I have run all the anti-virus and and anti-spyware software, my system is clean (but always worth checking).

So, I re-installed 11.0.283, the oldest build I had and the problem went away for over a day now.

I also notice that many times when deleting files that the little red icon shows up for the deleted file, meaning the file is gone but the library still thinks it should be there.  Running an import cleans things up.  This is also something new - was not there many builds ago.

Media Center Registered 11.0.283 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2998 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 534 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2668 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050430-1553) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive H: CDWRITERIDE5224           Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No

Burning /  Drive H: CDWRITER IDE5224            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

NickM

• Simplicity isn't always best, but it's easy to fix
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2005, 12:33:37 am »

I did a fresh XP home install with all updates applied and only added McAfee VirusScan8.0.  MC11.299 will not rip CD’s.  At the end of the 1st track being ripped, ( I guess as soon as the file conversion starts ), MC crashes.  I have tired this with APE and MP3 VBR.
nick

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2005, 03:32:50 am »

Sorry to post yet another one...

Seems as though MC is doing the weird screen state thing again. When certain types of information dialog boxes pop up, MC does this weird full screen solid color thing while displaying the dialog box on top of the solid color. The color is based on the skin being used. If you happen to have window animation on, MC will do this thing where it looks like its shrinking to a smaller window, i.e. the dialog box, but the background is one solid color. When the dialog box is finished, the screen clears and flashes back to MC like nothing ever happened. Short of the long... it looks as though MC is trying to minimize itself to the size of the dialog box, only the skin engine isnt fully drawing the change, neither of which should be happening.

I've also noticed that this only happens the first time a dialog box pops up after MC is launched. All proceeding dialog boxes render properly with no window animation or erroneous skin drawing.

Media Center Registered 11.0.299 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 1699 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 272 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2668 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050430-1553) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   No CD drives found.
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\Ripping Complete.wav

Burning /  Drive E: HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GCA-4040N   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2005, 12:48:53 pm »

When "Editing Current View"

there is a button for "Move To Top"

But there is no button to "Move To Bottom"
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2005, 05:05:17 pm »

BUG !?

Creating a new folder with 8 to 11 letters on a new (Data-) CD makes MC crash. Longer and shorter Filenames working fine.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2005, 01:47:38 pm »

Hello, I can't download the MPC Enconder plugin that is on the Encoder Plugins page for Media Center 11.

That plugin was for version 10 and isn't compatible with 11. I fixed the listing and let the author know that a version 11 plugin would be appreciated.

Pages: [1]   Go Up