INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing MC10 on system with MC11.  (Read 917 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Installing MC10 on system with MC11.
« on: August 03, 2005, 05:00:31 am »

I need to reinstall MC10 on this system due to some issues with Audible playback in MC11.  I let the MC11 installation uninstall MC10, so MC10 is no longer on this system.  I'd like to keep MC11 on the system, however, so I can continue to test the new versions that come out (so that I can switch over to MC11 once these issues are fixed.)  I know that both MC10 and MC11 can co-exist on the system at the same time, but I'm not clear if there are issues with installing MC10 AFTER MC11 is already installed.  Can I just install MC10 on the system, or should I first uninstall MC11, then install MC10, then install MC11 again, this time telling it NOT to uninstall MC10 during the installation?

Thanks for any assistance with this,

Larry

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Installing MC10 on system with MC11.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 05:50:47 am »

I suppose no one has tested this thoroughly, but I installed MC10 back to one of my PCs a couple months ago because I needed to check some things in MC10. I didn't uninstall MC11. I checked what I needed and left MC10 installed. Since then I have used MC11 normally without problems and occasionally opened MC10 when I have answered to MC10 questions. I installed MC10 to a custom folder, plain "MC10" in program folders and of course it has a different library location.

Make sure that you use the latest MC10 build. If I remember correctly there were some compatibility fixes in the last two or three MC10 builds.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up