INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: License email working?  (Read 1410 times)

jtiis

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
License email working?
« on: June 21, 2005, 11:29:20 pm »

Hello,

I've filled out the form for my license for MediaCenter to be sent to me three times --- several hours ago .... but nothing has come yet. Is the system working? (it's accepts my email as recognized and says something has been sent, but nothin yet...  ?

Thanks, jti

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: License email working?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 11:50:38 pm »

I just tested it. Check your spam filters. Are you doing whitelisting?

j

jtiis

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 12:20:07 am »

Checked my Mail settings ... don't think spam blocking is in place - don't know what "whitelisting" is...

More suggestions ?

jti

modelmaker

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 01:39:20 am »

Are you sure you are using the same email address used to purchase MC? If you have changed you email address, you need to first notify J River of the change so they can change it in their database.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

jtiis

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 09:31:04 am »

the site won't say it's sending you your license if the email entered doesn't match their records.

Jim, could I send you my contact info directly for this or something ?

jtiis

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 09:39:04 am »

What is whitelisting and blacklisting and how does it work?

Whitelists are lists of email addresses you always want to receive email from.  Email that you "whitelist" does not get tested for spam although it will be scanned for viruses.  You might, for example, whitelist a company you conduct business with if you want to receive their regular advertisements and not worry about the Barracuda quarantining messages from them.  Tip: It isn't recommended to whitelist uwm.edu.  While the Barracuda will give special consideration to email from UWM, spammers often use fake uwm.edu email addresses hoping to bypass spam filters.  They won't bypass our filters by faking their address, but they will bypass yours if you whitelist uwm.edu.

Conversely, blacklists are lists of email addresses you never want to receive email from.  Email that you "blacklist" is automatically blocked whether or not it is spam.  On rare occasion, the Barracuda might not catch spam messages from a particular sender.  In this case you could blacklist the email sender.  Blacklisting is not always effective because not only do many spam senders fake their email address, they will often change their email address after they spam a bunch of people.

To add/delete email addresses from your personal whitelists and/or blacklists, visit the quarantine and click the Preferences Tab.  Then click on the Whitelist/Blacklist sub-tab.  Please visit question #1 if you need assistance accessing your quarantine.  See the figure below for more information.

What is greylisting, and why does it stop spam?

Greylisting is a technique that refuses to accept mail from mail senders that do not follow the proper procedure for delivering mail. When a message arrives, the sender is told to try again later. Proper procedures dictate that the sender wait a while, and try again.

This is how we separate legitimate mail senders from spammers. Spammers don't really care if a particular message gets through, so they usually do not try again later. Thus, we never accept the message, and it is not received by you.

Legitimate senders, however, will try again. When they do, we accept the message and put them in a list of legitimate mail senders. Once a mail sender has been shown to be legitimate, we remember them the next time they try to send a message, so that any future mail is accepted without delay. If many legitimate messages come through one mail server, all senders on that server are considered legitmate.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio, Music
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 10:37:56 am »

The logs show the mail is leaving our system.

I sent a test message just now, did you get that?

j

jtiis

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 12:08:00 pm »

No, nothing has come through, but I am getting mail from others.... suggestions?

Thanks, jtiis

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 12:19:32 pm »

You can be sure that your e-mail is being filtered.

Check your local spam filters.
or
Check with your ISP.
or
Set up an e-mail account with a different one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up