INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: eBlitz Shuttle Plug-in for MJ 8  (Read 4994 times)

Steve

eBlitz Shuttle Plug-in for MJ 8
« on: June 19, 2002, 06:36:06 am »

A few users requested a Plug-in for the eBlitz 310 series players for MJ v8 recently. This Plug-in is now available. Please test it out and let me know if anything needs work.

Thanks.

Shuttle

RE:eBlitz Shuttle Plug-in for MJ 8
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2002, 11:28:45 am »

It works great, thanks!

Jayant

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2002, 05:57:38 am »

I recently bought an eBlitz mp3 player (No FM Radio - ET310 I think).

I also purchased a 64MB Sandisk MultiMediaCard for it.
I installed the plug-in and I see 2 entries in the software (MJv8) for eBlitz.
On double-clicking the extended memory, the program crashes.
I haven't tried accessing the built-in 8MB flash. Will try tonight.
(I also have installed the original drivers which came with the device on CD. I'll try uninstalling that tonight as well. Does your software require anything but the plug-in?)

Please help.

-Jay

Steve

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2002, 07:07:56 am »

Jayant,

Can you please check and make sure you have installed v 3.0.5 of the Plug-in (Look in Settings->Plug-in Manager->Handheld->E-Blitz)?

If you have 3.0.5, try accessing your player with the eBlitz shuttle software and make sure it works correctly.  You do need to install the drivers from the Shuttle CD for us to work.

If this is still failing, let me know what Operating System you have and we can troubleshoot it from there.

Thanks,

Steve

Jayant

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2002, 02:49:25 pm »

Steve

I've uninstalled and re-installed everything, including the device and it's drivers.

The problem is the same. The on board 8MB flash memory works fine. Using the software that came with the device, I'm able to format the extended memory successfully. On trying to write to it, the program crashes.

MJ8 reports both the regular and extended memory. If I click on the extended memory, the program crashes. (both Win98SE and Win2k-SP2).
I'm using v3.0.5 of the plug-in.

I think this is a driver problem. If there are any kind souls out there that has used the Shuttle successfully, please send me the driver you've used. I'm at my wits end.

Thanks,
-Jay

jpramlak@digitalme.com

Steve

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2002, 07:20:12 am »

Jayant,

I want to be sure I am reading your message correctly, you are saying that the problem is the same with our Plug-in and the software that came with the eBlitz. If this is the case, then I agree, I think it is a driver problem. I also am confused by your references to "Flash Memory". On my eBlitz, I have two slots for cards, and these corespond to Internal and External memory. Although the player seems to have on-board memory, it seems inacessable with eBlitz's software and our Plug-in.

In regards to the driver, if you know what file you need, let me know and I will email it to you. If you want to give me a call on this,feel free... 612-677-8234 at JRiver during business hours.

The PC Paramedic

RE:eBlitz Shuttle Plug-in for MJ 8 and MJ 7- NEW DRIVER!![/b]
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2002, 08:54:10 am »

I had similar problems with the original EBlitz driver so then I installed  the D-Link 120 MP3 player driver and all problems went away. (IMPORTANT - Uninstall old driver first!)The D-Link driver uses the same Newtrend "NtJCMP3.sys" driver and seems alot less buggy and much more stable.
You can download the new driver here:
http://support.dlink.com/downloads/

If anyone still has any problems, write me and I will give you some other tips that you may have to try...  

Enjoy!
pcmd@cox.net

Jayant

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2002, 09:26:08 am »

For starters, I think we have different models. Mine does not have a radio nor a LCD display. (see http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product%5Fcode=285177&csearch=)

Also, it has 8MB of internal memory and one MMC slot, which you get to by removing the back cover. Yes, the problem occurs with the OEM software as well.

The shipped driver is written by NewTrend Technologies.The file is called ntjcmp3.sys and the inf file is ntmp3usb.inf. The extended memory driver is mp3port_Eblitz.dll.

I greatly appreciate your assistance.

-Jay
jpramlak@digitalme.com

Jayant

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2002, 05:12:18 am »

Good news! It appears that the Shuttle does work with MMC cards, but only those with a maximum capacity of 32MB. This is contrary to the specifications on the box.

Many thanks to The PC Paramedic (pcmd@cox.net) for his advice and support. And thanks to MJ (Steve) for providing a plug-in.

-Jay
jpramlak@digitalme.com

• StudentComputers/Programming/Games
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2002, 05:07:03 pm »

Hi everyone, I just bought an eBlitz Shuttle from CompUSA as well. I'm up to date on all the drama, eBlitz out of business, no support, etc. I'm new to Media Jukebox but it looks like a great program so far. I d/l version 8 and the plug-in which is working fine and is much nicer than the program that came with the player. I'm running Windows XP and using the drivers provided on the eBlitz CD.

The reason I'm posting is I want to try and help the developers improve the plug-in since I'll be using this program from now on. Like I said the transfering works but there are some interface issues. When the file is transferring the progress indicator doesn't update so you can't see if it crashed or how far it's transfered. Also one thing which would be really nice is a running count of how much memory you'd be left with given the files currently in the queue. Otherwise you don't know how many files you can fit until you try to transfer, or you can do the math yourself. :) When you click on the eBlitz Shuttle and you have files in the queue at the bottom it does seem to have a place where this would be done but all I get is Delete for memory type, 0 byes for the rest of the columns. Maybe that's the problem and the features I mentioned are already there.

BTW, I have the "cheap" version with no lcd display and only one memory card slot. I've read that you can only use 32mg cards, does anyone know if this is a hardware limitation or software? I'd love to be able to use 64meg cards like it says on the box. Well I can't complain, I got it for "free".

Thanks to you guys at Media Jukebox for supporting the player, you've gained another loyal user. :)

Steve

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2002, 11:27:03 am »

The feature you mention should be there. I will have to test tomorrow to try to see what is going on. Can you tell me what Operating System you have? I will post more tomorrow.

Steve (JRiver)

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2002, 12:27:30 pm »

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply. I'm running Windows XP. Let me know if I can provide any more info to help.

Steve

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2002, 01:20:52 pm »

Try getting the latest Plug-in (version 3.0.6) and I think your memory display problems will go away. The eBlitz we have here for testing has two memory cards so I did not know the type you had existed. I think the changes I made will solve your problem.

In regards to the file transfer status, the code that eBlitz gave us to work with does not handle status reporting for the files (other than the fact that the file transfer is in progress) so this is all we can do.

Please let me know anything else you find.

Thanks,

Steve

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2002, 03:02:23 pm »

I just d/l the new plug-in. As a side note, the first thing I tried was going to settings/plugin manager and clicking on display plug-ins page. I then clicked to d/l the 3.06 plug-in. It d/l fine but according to the plug-in manager I still had 3.05 installed. I then exited Media Jukebox and started again. It still listed version 3.05. So then I exited again, went to the website "manually" and d/l it again. Then I ran the program and now it read 3.06. Maybe you can't update plug-ins while the program is running? Well something to keep in mind for the more novice users. :)

Anyways, with the new version I get a window to display the information but I don't think it's where it's supposed to be. It's off on the top left of my screen instead of inside the program window and I can't move it. Also I keep getting a pop-up dialog saying I've exceded the limits of my memory card. It would be nice to see that the first time I exceed it but not necessarily every time I click on the device. Maybe a fill guage kind of indicator would be nice too? I have a screenshot if you want me to send it to you, sorry don't have a server to put it on.

Thanks,

Steve

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2002, 09:56:51 am »

I just installed on a clean XP machine and all of my windows appear where they are supposed to be. Perhaps you could email me a screen shot so I know what you are referring to (steve @ jriver.com).  

In regards to the message that the size is exceeded, on my test machine the message has a checkbox that allows you to not see that message so many times.

Can you be sure you have MJ version 8.0.356 in addition to the v 3.0.6 Plug-in to make sure we are on the same page. When you email me the screenshot, I will reply further via email.

Steve

Hokie in MI

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2002, 09:31:49 pm »

I had same issues, but the software with the plugin works great for moving MP3's.  However, when I play back MP3's from the MMC card (32MB crucial) the files are garbled while the same file is clean from the internal memory.  Would this be MMC incompatability?  I thought they were all standardized?  Any help greatly appreciated.

Steve

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2002, 06:16:03 am »

Hokie,

In regards to the garbled sound on MMC, can you try formatting the card and then resending the files to see if that corrects the problems?

When you say you had the same problems as AvatarX, could you be specific about which problem so I can track down a fix?

Thanks,

Steve

Hokie in MI

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2002, 02:03:23 pm »

When I said I was having the same issues as AvtarX, I was referring to the progress bar, then I saw yur post.  As for the garbled MP3's turns out it was an incompatible card.  Reformatting it did not fix, but switching from a 32MB Crucial card to a 28MB sandisk (got a great deal)card and works just great.

I thought all MMC cards were equal...

Thanks for the support.

mocars2

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2002, 09:36:35 pm »

STEVE - I think the item you have to work with is not the shuttle we all have. Our has no LED and only 1 card slot. If you want I can provide you one for testing ( getting it back when finished). I think this would be very helpful to you if you could figure out how the shuttle could use the 64MB MMC. Especially since CompUsa has sold 1000'S this past week as a free after rebate - that's a lot of new potential customers.

The question I have - has any one got the shuttle to work with a 64MB card??? If so how?
thanks
mocars2@yahoo.com

Steve

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2002, 06:52:21 am »

Mocars2,

Thanks for your offer, that is very generous.

Does everything work OK with a 32MB card for you? Can you connect with eBlitz's software with a 64MB card? Your note implies that this has not worked out.

If eBlitz's software does not support the 64MB card we are out of luck. If eBlitz has not written a driver to support these cards, there is nothing for us to do to get this to work, only eBlitz would be able to create the ability for this to work.

Feel free to email me diretly at steve @ jriver.com if I can be of further assistance.

Steve

Jereyes

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2002, 12:29:49 pm »

After failing to get anywhere with the various patches and updates offered by Magix, publisher of the MP3Maker software bundled with the eBlitz Shuttle MP3 player, I installed Media Jukebox (MJ), published by JRiver, Inc., as this program has a plug-in for this device. The MJ plug-in did recognize the Shuttle player, showing both its internal and external memories, but any attempt to format the external (MMC) memory caused the program to hang, displaying a message indicating that the failure was caused by the MP3FM.DLL file, which happens to be the same file that failed when trying to format the external memory card and caused MP3Maker to crash. These problems started when I switched to a 64MB Sandisk card, though, since originally, using the Magix MP3 software, I was able to not only format but also fill both a 64MB TwinMOS and a 64MB generic MMC card made by Toshiba, but the songs placed on the extemded memory card sounded distorted and full of static-like noises. Currently, neither the MP3Maker nor the Media Jukebox will even detect the player's own memory! I am now going to try the the D-Link 120 MP3 player driver mentioned in the MJ Forum, which reportedly "uses the same Newtrend 'NtJCMP3.sys' driver (as Magix' MP3Maker?) and seems a lot less buggy and much more stable", and made all problems go away for the recommending contributor. Wish me luck! (Wouldn't it be nice if JRiver and Magix got together and worked on this problem?)

Steve

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2002, 12:36:54 pm »

Jereyes,

Best of luck to you. I have emailed my contact at eBlitz to get any assistance they can offer. The failures are not anything that we can control and I assume Magix is in the same boat.

Larry

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2002, 11:25:15 am »

Is eBlitz still in business?  Could you provide us with contact information?  Thank you.

Steve

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2002, 01:04:51 pm »

Larry,

They must be in business in some way because I did hear back from the person who has helped me in the past. The person I work with is a technical contact (not sales or marketing) so I am not comfortable posting his information publicly.

Steve

mocars2

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2002, 11:46:47 pm »

Steve - Ask your contact why they say you can use a 64MB MMc card. They must have been able to get someone's to work since they put that on the outside of the box.
We all would like to know which one would work.

Steve

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2002, 06:20:52 am »

I dropped an email this morning and will update the thread when I know more.

Steve

mocars2

• nothing more to say...
Re: eBlitz Shuttle Plug-in for MJ 8
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2002, 05:21:31 pm »

Steve - it's been weeks now since you wrote your friend a eblitz - what did he say about the 64MB issue? If he hasn't replied, please try again as you see there are folks still trying to get as much info on this as we can- It's a nice little unit but it would be better if the unit worked with a 64mb card. I have a problem - I'm on a 233 mmx pent. w/98w and it either fails to transfer in the middle of the upload to the shuttle or tells me it's not connected. I have a amd 800 machine w/98 on it - both have the same plug ins and same version and it works fine there. I'm guessing the 233 machine w/147mb of ram is too slow

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: eBlitz Shuttle Plug-in for MJ 8
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2002, 06:20:35 am »

Mocars2,

I emailed my contact again today. We will see.

In regards to the slower machine, can you successfully transfer using the software that came with the eBlitz?
Pages: [1]   Go Up