INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are There Any APE Encoder Improvements In MC11 vs MC10?  (Read 1525 times)

ballen

• Junior Woodchuck
Are There Any APE Encoder Improvements In MC11 vs MC10?
« on: July 10, 2005, 10:10:44 pm »

Hi all,

Currently using MC10 and find myself having to re-rip a large CD collection back to the APE format.  Would anyone know if there are improvements to the Monkeys Audio encoder in MC11 that aren't in MC10?  Trying to determine whether to stay with MC10, unless in this area MC11 is better.

Thanks for any input,

ballen   ;)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Are There Any APE Encoder Improvements In MC11 vs MC10?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 08:09:15 am »

No changes in Monkey's Audio encoding were announced. Also, the ripping part is pretty much the same. MC11 has a new option for ripping CDs in the single audio file & cue sheet format. Perhaps some device problems were solved during the development of MC11.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 09:34:03 am »

I would like to add that the possibility to use Album Gain was one of the triggering points for me. I would even have upgraded only for having it. MC11 has many other nice qualities too.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

ballen

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 10:49:58 am »

Many thanks Alex B for your replies ~ much appreciated.   ;)

Noted that your switch to MC11 was because of "album gain".  Found (3) posts in my search of the forum but I didn't come away from reading them totally understanding what this feature does.

In a nutshell, could you explain why this feature was so usefull, you upgraded?

Thanks again!

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
  • Keep on doing mambo ...
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 10:51:59 am »

As far as I can remember you can now actually rip from 2 or more CD drives simultaneously which is really cool. And I thought that the enconding version was upgraded to 3.98. Don't know if that's the correct version but that's what came to mind. Because of the amount of songs I reripped everything to the highest compression level which saves me space.

Can't say what has improved but I encountered difficulties ripping C's with MC10, especially in combination with YADB. But YADB support has improved. And the several things around the ripping proces run smoother now.

Don't see any reason not to upgrade.  :)

Marsies .....

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 11:03:17 am »

Many thanks Alex B for your replies ~ much appreciated.   ;)

Noted that your switch to MC11 was because of "album gain".  Found (3) posts in my search of the forum but I didn't come away from reading them totally understanding what this feature does.

In a nutshell, could you explain why this feature was so usefull, you upgraded?

Thanks again!

Perhaps you didn't dig deep enough. Does this help?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=25873.0

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 11:13:37 am »

As far as I can remember you can now actually rip from 2 or more CD drives simultaneously which is really cool. And I thought that the enconding version was upgraded to 3.98. Don't know if that's the correct version but that's what came to mind. Because of the amount of songs I reripped everything to the highest compression level which saves me space.

Can't say what has improved but I encountered difficulties ripping C's with MC10, especially in combination with YADB. But YADB support has improved. And the several things around the ripping proces run smoother now.

Don't see any reason not to upgrade.  :)

Marsies .....

MC10 already uses Monkey's Audio 3.99, which is the latest.

ballen,

You can safely rip your CDs with either of the versions. I would recommend using the secure ripping mode and rip logging.

In any case you should at least try MC11 and check the improvements in other areas. It has a 30-day try out period.

ballen

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 02:41:11 pm »

Many thanks MarSies & AlexB for your kind assistance.

Have a good one.    ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up