INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reproducable error with iHP-140 and iPod  (Read 2287 times)

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
  • Keep on doing mambo ...
Reproducable error with iHP-140 and iPod
« on: July 09, 2005, 02:50:43 am »

There are 2 errors and I can always reproduce one of them:

First: when i upload music to my handheld (iHP-140 or iPod) and try to rate music in my database MC reports a message saying that the file is locked. At that moment upload activity stops. If i click the message instantly the file is rated and MC continues.

Second: when you wait for a few minutes before clicking away the message from the "first" error MC crashes and is just gone as snow for the sun. This does not always happen.

Marsies .....

Media Center Registered 11.0.304 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 2412 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2096 MB, Free - 1257 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2668 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050430-1553) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive X: PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-716A    Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Y: PLEXTOR CD-R   PREMIUM    Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive X: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-716A     Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:2  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive Y: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PREMIUM     Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Reproducable error and sometimes crash
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 08:14:38 am »

Marsies,

I cannot replicate this. Can you give me the exact error message regarding the file lock?

Thanks,

Steve

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 10:41:50 am »

Steve,

Forgot to say you have to play the song that you want to rate. If you do that you'll get: "MC encountered errors while tagging and moving files. Check that the files exist, are not read-only, and are not in use by other programs. File locked: "filename".

Ogging and MP3'ing is a heavy task. It seems that the error has to do with that. Otherwise rating is a smooth process. Hope you can reproduce now.

One other thing, the F2 button does not work. Its not working anymore for the last 20 builds.

Marsies .....

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 10:32:08 am »

Marsies,

I can only replicate this if I am doing a file conversion during the transfer. We can look at this for MC 12.

Steve

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 02:52:04 pm »

I use ape on my PC, Ogg for my iHP-140 and MP3 for my iPod. Have to do a file conversion.

But you agree then that it's a bug? And strange, why in MC12. Don't think it's a feature. Did you also get a crash if you wait a while before giving an OK!

What about the F2 key, it does not work.

Marsies

SteveG

Re: Reproducable error with iHP-140 and iPod
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 11:29:38 am »

Marsies,

We can not get to this until MC 12.

Steve

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 12:59:26 pm »

This may also explain the issue I recently reported with my iHP-140:

I also have APE on my PC and want to convert to mp3 when transferring to the handheld.

It seems to lose all TAG and FILE STRUCTURE information and just puts the files into Root directory, evne so I have pointed that I wnat a certain file structure Artist/Genre etc....

This sounds like a pretty serious problem that should not have to wait till version 12

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 07:12:31 pm »

bbrip,

I think your error is caused by something else. All my files get uploaded with the correct structure. What might be the case in your situation is the naming convention you use in MC with your soongs.

I had some problems with this when I started using my iHP-140 with MC. The names don't always show the way you want them on you iHP-140.

Steve,

I seriously think that it's not a feature I'm asking for but the fix for a bug.  Uploading to my iHP-140 also causes many transfer errors which never used to be there (many builds ago). That also causes the upload and conversion proces to stop. That's really  >:(. Starting the upload in the evening to find out the nexxt morning that it stopped very soon after starting the upload  >:(

Marsies .....

SteveG

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 01:03:57 pm »

Marsies and bbrip,

In the current version, if you transfer a file with the option to 'Rearrange upload folders' selected, folders will be created on the device based on the selected tag info. bbrip, if this is not happening, it has to do with how your device is being recognized by MC. Give me the exact name as it appears in the tree.

In regards to editing tags during a conversion while transferring to a device, this works, but not perfectly. This will not be corrected right now. It can and will be fixed at a later time. For now, edit tags and then transfer the files and convert on the way.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up