INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.309 Release  (Read 15065 times)

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Media Center 11.0.309 Release
« on: July 14, 2005, 03:46:08 pm »

We're ready to release Media Center 11.0.  PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:  Post bugs you are certain about here.  Anything else will be moved or deleted.  If you can't find your post here, please look in the main index.   Feature requests should be postponed until MC11.0 is released. 

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110309.exe

11.0.309: (7/14/05)

1. Fixed: JPEGs larger than 64MegaPixels will now display.
2. Fixed: DLink DSM-320 will now autodetect correctly.
3. Fixed: /Connect parameter had spurious "|" appended.

11.0.308: (7/13/05)

1. Fixed: Changing cover art for files when cover art not stored within the files will not cause the file to be rewritten.

11.0.307: (7/12/05)

1. Fixed: Renaming files will not cause the file to be rewritten.
2. Changed: Removed "Incomplete shutdown detected" dialog.
3. Changed: Play and Add to Playing Now right click options for portables removed.

New or Improved in MC 11

New database caching layer that makes many parts of MC significantly faster
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing
CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views allow you to look at two or more views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC now works with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
New Image Editor
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so session pictures are grouped automatically
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support with recording and time shifting
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
UPnP device support for playback through a home theater system
Audible.com Store -- full integration (downloads, playback, bookmarks, etc.)
Sony PSP support
iPod -- Support for multiple iPods with different profiles
New file format -- Shockwave (SWF)
RAW image support (crw,cr2,nef,mrw,orf,raf,pef,dng,srf)
Multi-channel support (5.1, 7.1, etc.) for WAV and WMA files.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
Re: Media Center 11.0.309 Release
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 04:16:11 pm »

Playing Now Window: 
doubleclick on the disconnecting switch covers do not covers the visualization window. 
I must raise it by hand.

i mean this

Please fix this!
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 04:16:57 pm »

An old error exists also again
tree and trying to move to the edge to scroll could scroll too quickly on a fast.

please makes the scroll speed lower.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 04:38:28 pm »

Playing Now Window: 
doubleclick on the disconnecting switch covers do not covers the visualization window. 
I must raise it by hand.

I mean this:

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5800/myscreenshot248gx.png

I can see the problem.  We may not fix it until later.  For now, click on the little triangles near the grabber.

dhill

• Recent member
  • Has anyone seen the bridge?
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 07:18:04 pm »

3. Fixed: /Connect parameter had spurious "|" appended.

Thanks.

Question: If I send a /Connect when Media Center is running it will look like it changed to the new server but it actually has not. Works fine if MC is not running. If I connect to a server and then send a /Connect PathTo\Media Center 11\Library it will switch to that library just fine.

Edit: Does not work even if MC is not running. Looks like it is connecting but the media library is empty and it wants to do an import. If I reselect the server from the Library manager it works fine. Also if I send MC11 /Connect XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX then MC11 /Close  and then just MC11 it will be OK.

Thanks again,
-dhill

djp

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2005, 02:44:36 pm »

OK, here's a minor bug. On a regular basis (I still haven't found a pattern yet), upon inserting a CD into a drive, the YADB lookup will fill in everything except for the Artist. Right clicking on the drive and selecting "Update from CD database" will fill in the data. When autoripping this is clearly a major pain.

-- Dennis

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2005, 11:22:21 pm »

according to what I read in the Cover Art tag field, MC is saving the Cover Art in the Cover Art folder, rather than in the file as per my settings . . . .  UNTIL I click on Update Files From Library, after which the tag displays "Inside File"

You mean that when you rip a CD it puts the cover art in the folder and does NOT embed it into the file, requiring you to "update" the files after ripping to fully "complete the process"?

Thanks,

Larry

Rien van Ham

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2005, 02:23:44 am »

I have a (small) problem with inplace (F2) editing:
When I start editing in the NAME-column, Media Center will NOT show me the old content. E.g: NAME contains: Only This Moment. When I start typing: Only this moment
(I was to change the uppercase letters to lowercase) Media Center does not fill up the cell with the old content.
The same editing in the ARTIST column acts as expected: Media Center will fill in the cell with the old content.
What do I wrong or can you please fix it? It's a very handy feature.

Thank you!
(and sorry for my poor English)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2005, 06:18:34 am »

Audible playback is still very buggy with MC11.  When navigating to different places in an Audible file, it can take several seconds to finally start playing at the point you just navigated to, and if you navigate to a different point several times in a row, it will just stop playing and lose your bookmark completely.  In other words, when I try to search for a specific section of an audible title, it keeps popping back to the beginning and I have to start searching over again.

These issues do NOT happen with MC10, and until this is solved, I have to stick with MC10 on my "main" system since audible files are an important part of my MC usage.

Also, there is STILL no way to get previous Audible content to display in the "Downloaded Titles" list.  This means that if I have to re-import my audible files (from copies, for example, in the case of drive problems or moving to a new system), none of my previously downloaded Audible titles will show up in this list -- only the "new" titles that I download from that point forward will be present in the list.

MC should be able to recognize Audible content and place it in this list automatically when I copy my audible files on to a new system.  If it can't do this, I need to at least be able to manually place Audible content (that I downloaded previously) into this list.  I could do this if I could edit the "Content Distributor" tag, but this tag is not editable, and audible files do not "retain" this tag's information when a new library is created.

Thanks for looking into this -- at the moment, these issues are literally preventing me from moving my main system to MC11 (since MC10's audible functionality does not have these issues.)  The new features are great, but they do me no good without the functionality that MC10 provided.

Larry

scthom

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2005, 01:30:31 pm »

This seems to be a new bug - version 299 worked fine.

When using "Get Image - From Scanner" - the image is corrupted.  It used to work fine, and scanning from the scanner software also works fine.

The image almost looks as if there was some extra data inserted in the middle, because everything after a certain point is a different color and offset.  This happens three or four times in each image.

hb

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2005, 07:14:57 pm »

It appears that the Maximum Track Length on the Sound Recorder does not work.

I tried recording from Line In with a limit of 60 minutes but the recording continued until I stopped it manually after 4 hours and 45 minutes.  I tested this again with a 1 minute limit but it did not stop the recording.

Solomon

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2005, 10:20:40 pm »

This is an old bug but I'd like to see it finally addressed: punctuation alphabetizes ahead of letters, which results in some very weird sortings:

Non-alphanumeric characters should be ignored in sorting.  I hope this can be fixed soon!

--Solomon

Solomon

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2005, 01:25:27 am »

I tried changing the Display name of the "Name" field to "Title", using the "Configure Library Field" dialog box.  It now correctly shows up as "Title" in the tag info window, but in column headings in the main library pane it still incorrectly shows as "Name".  Am I missing something?

Solomon

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2005, 03:41:33 am »

When using a remote control to adjust the Volume the volume doesn't have a lower or upper limit.

I can take the volume UP as high as I like 500% and beyond or down below 0 to N/A and then the slider vanishes off the screen, but the value keeps going down into the negatives.

This is a problem if somebody presses and hold the Volume + or - button on the remote for a while (like they sit on it!) as it then can take a long time to get back into the 0 to 100% range!

Hope this makes sense!

Richard

Solomon

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2005, 03:55:32 am »

If I try to play an M4A file through the Media Server, the client machine gives the error "QuickTime: Filenames longer than 64 characters are not supported.  Please shorten your filenames and try again."  The same file plays just fine locally on the server machine.

--Solomon

Solomon

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2005, 05:26:01 am »

When you're dragging the volume slider with the mouse, the current volume appears both in the mouse tooltip and also in the display at the top of the window.  However, the two volumes don't agree: they may differ as much as a few  percent.

--Solomon

dcwebman

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2005, 01:20:45 pm »

I just installed 309 today over 304. Everything was fine and I was listening to my songs as usual. For some reason after playing for around 4 hours, it suddenly aborted and I got this message:

Restarting MC played the song fine so it wasn't that.
Jeff

Media Center Registered 11.0.309 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1482 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 120 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1612 (xpsp2.041207-1145) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1643 (xpsp2.050311-1242) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: LG      CD-RW CED-8080B   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: LG       CD-RW CED-8080B    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Jeff

fbcool

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2005, 01:42:43 pm »

Here's my request:
what about allowing a direct access to client server?

for example:

- allowing to externally locate the file from a client server (opening  with windows explorer)
- alowing to use "send to", "mail", etc....
- modidy fields
- convert

I found a topic about that but no solutions...

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=26335.0

dear developpers , when do you plan fix that? It could be so usefull!!!

thanx for all

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2005, 07:15:12 pm »

Orginal "Name"

A Change on Devil's Mountain

Clean Option Used

Change on Devil's Mountain, A

Clean Option Used Again

Change on Devil's Mountain, a

I Would Think If "A" Should Be "a" It should have been Lowercased it when "Clean" was used the first time.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

LonWar

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2005, 07:30:02 pm »

Orginal "Name"

A Change on Devil's Mountain

Clean Option Used

Change on Devil's Mountain, A

Clean Option Used Again

Change on Devil's Mountain, a

I Would Think If "A" Should Be "a" It should have been Lowercased it when "Clean" was used the first time.

I played around with this and found that it can only fix 1 thing at a time, then the second time it will correct the capital.
However if you have Upper Case All Words instead of Title case in the fix capitalization drop down, it won't do that.
-

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2005, 10:17:55 pm »

Clean File Properties--->Convert Underscores to Spaces - is not working.

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2005, 12:19:47 am »

Bravissimo !

... but MC11 can't import audio files in ACC with bitrate different as 128 kps...

please, have you medicine ?

Jean-Marc

Media Center 11.0.309 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3199 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 597 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2668 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050430-1553) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: HP       DVD Writer 640b    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2005, 05:56:50 am »

hi guys, when im trying to rip a cd, but if the song has some non standard characters, like (ä ö ü ß or whatever...) i get an error. the only way to stop this from hapening is renaming the file with a rightklick.

drbenson

• Recent member
  • I'll never buy 'til it's lossless
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2005, 11:27:34 am »

Started a thread about this, but since there are no replies, I guess I'll just report as a bug- in MC11, I can't do something I used to be able to do in MC10. I want to have MC open exactly as I left it. On one computer, I want it to open with Web Media showing. On another, I need the Playlists item on the tree to be selected and expanded.

My options in MC11 seem to be limited to a short picklist, none of which do what I need. Not sure why the new version has LESS capability and flexibility in this regard- can someone enlighten me? Thanks.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2005, 04:37:57 pm »

Started a thread about this, but since there are no replies, I guess I'll just report as a bug- in MC11, I can't do something I used to be able to do in MC10. I want to have MC open exactly as I left it. On one computer, I want it to open with Web Media showing. On another, I need the Playlists item on the tree to be selected and expanded.

My options in MC11 seem to be limited to a short picklist, none of which do what I need. Not sure why the new version has LESS capability and flexibility in this regard- can someone enlighten me? Thanks.

This was changed eons ago in MC11 (okay, last October).  From this build thread:

3. Changed: Startup location no longer supports 'Last Location' -- instead, a root item can be choosen. (required to support newer internal architecture)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2005, 04:42:04 pm »

When you're dragging the volume slider with the mouse, the current volume appears both in the mouse tooltip and also in the display at the top of the window.  However, the two volumes don't agree: they may differ as much as a few  percent.

I can confirm this as well.

When using a remote control to adjust the Volume the volume doesn't have a lower or upper limit.

But not this.  The volume upper and lower limits work fine using: Control++/-, my ATI RW2, my Microsoft Keyboard, and my Logitech keyboard.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2005, 06:49:45 pm »

But not this.  The volume upper and lower limits work fine using: Control++/-, my ATI RW2, my Microsoft Keyboard, and my Logitech keyboard.

glynor,

Do you have your volume set to "System Volume" or "Internal Volume"?  It only seems to be a problem if set to "Internal Volume", which is what I need since I"m running 4 zones from MC.

Richard

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2005, 11:28:29 pm »

when on library browser view pressing the play button replaces playing now with current library browser contents
Tamer

rhom

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2005, 12:14:13 am »

view schemes - if you use an advanced expression to display either a User or Standard field then the Unassigned value will show all records. ie;

text = Gain
expression = [Replay Gain]

and click on Unassigned, you'll see all records, not just the ones with no value assigned.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Re: Uninstall MC10?
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2005, 11:10:44 am »

Do I have to uninstall 10 before installing 11
No, but you may wish to backup your library before installing MC 11 as it will make certain changes that cannot be rolled back.

Me? I just installed MC 11 over the top of 10 and never looked back.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2005, 09:29:15 am »

Here're a few minor bugs that still exist in 309:

1. With Audible files, I can't seem to change the Cover Art picture in the file. In an earlier version of MC (I don't remember which) I was able to add the cover art, because these files do have art in them, but I can't modify/update those images now. MC seems to accept the update, but after MC says it is finished updating the art to be Inside File, if I refresh the view the art is the old version.

2. There are some odd issues syncing songs to my Handheld when those songs have certain characters in the filename. These character tend to be accented Western characters. What seems to happen is that MC doesn't recognize that the files already exists on the handheld and tries to sync it again. This has the affect of creating multiple copies on the handheld with the filenames ending in (1), (2), etc. This happens when the accents are in the Artist name, like Björk, or in the Album or Track name. Note that when I look at the filenames on the handheld in Windows Explorer the accents show up correctly. Also I'm doing the sync with a conversion to MP3.

3. I have a CD of which I couldn't rip the last 2 tracks. The CD is "Discography" by "Pet Shop Boys". The last 2 tracks, #17 and #18 of a total CD length of 76 minutes. Interestingly both EAC and AudioGrabber both also couldn't rip it, although WMP ripped it just fine.

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2005, 12:50:58 pm »

when doing an undo for 1 action made only the undo button still enabled
Tamer

Pages: [1]   Go Up