INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipod Suggestions!  (Read 1649 times)

Topazworm

• Recent member
  • Whats that?
ipod Suggestions!
« on: July 15, 2005, 01:32:43 pm »

As mentioned in one of my previous posts, im having a few problems with MC and my ipod. But i want to use this post to ask, is there anychance of adding a feature?

To simply allow ticks like itunes so when i want MC to autosync it will sync only ticked songs. I know i can use playlists but its easier said than done with 4k songs. Having to trawl through that everytime is a pain in the.. :P

And if anyone knows how i can import my itunes playlists to mc i would love u forever! ;D

ian54

• Recent member
Re: ipod Suggestions!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 01:35:44 pm »

As a newbie to MC I'd like to say an obvious missing feature is an Eject button, instead of having to right-click the iPod under Drives & Devices.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 02:19:02 pm »

I know i can use playlists but its easier said than done with 4k songs.

Can you explain what  part of this is cumbersome?

And if anyone knows how i can import my itunes playlists to mc i would love u forever! Grin

Search for this. Others have posted ways to do this.

BlueGlow

• Galactic Citizen
  • Absence of alternatives clears the mind nicely.
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 02:42:38 pm »

The post "Larry's iPod Notes" explains how to add a new MC field to create this functionality. The basic idea is adding a new Include/Exclude field with the default set to 'Include' all music. Then you create a smartlist to sync all of the 'Included' tracks. Larry gives a very detailed description of his method.

Topazworm

• Recent member
  • Whats that?
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 01:12:31 pm »

Can you explain what  part of this is cumbersome?

Well in itunes, around 50% of my songs were unticked. So they wasnt uploaded. Now in MC i haveto go through all 4k and remember what ones i wanted and exclude them from the set. Not an easy task. Well ok it can be done but i have better things to do with my month/year.

Search for this. Others have posted ways to do this.
Just the ticket...

All i wanted to know really was there plans to introduce the tick feature like in itunes. Or maybe a plugin to enable it?

lambert282

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 07:13:48 am »

Even if they introduced this feature you would still have the same problem in that you would need to migrate your iTunes playlists to MC.  I fail to see how the 'tick method' that you mention is any easier than using the iPod field and include/exclude value.  Maybe you should try using this method with Quick Tagging - it's pretty much the same thing.

To import your playlists from iTunes have a poke around in iTunes to see if there's an option to export the list to playlist (.m3u file).  Then just play the m3u file in MC andit will add all the tracks to playing now.  Then you can just tag them as per Larry's method.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 08:48:14 am »

Well in itunes, around 50% of my songs were unticked. So they wasnt uploaded. Now in MC i haveto go through all 4k and remember what ones i wanted and exclude them from the set. Not an easy task. Well ok it can be done but i have better things to do with my month/year.

So you have 50% of your songs you don't want to transfer? Create a smartlist or playlist that excludes those songs and sync that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up