INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Renaming files causes problem  (Read 812 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Renaming files causes problem
« on: July 15, 2005, 03:32:56 pm »

Running 11.0.309

I am re-organizing my files on my disk and was going to use Media Center's rename function to keep all of my library info intact.  I don't want the filename to change at all, just the location so I figured the easiest way would be to do a rename files from properties as follows:

Base Path:  New base path.
Rule: [Artist]\[Album]
Filename: [Filename (name)]

But when I do this, it duplicates the file extension.  For example, "01 Generic Song.ape" is renamed to "01 Generic Song.ape.ape" and "folder.jpg" is renamed to "folder.jpg.jpg".  Is this a bug or a 'feature'?  If it isn't a bug, is there a better way to accomplish this?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Renaming files causes duplicate extension
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 03:53:54 pm »

Rename From Properties never changes the extension. It works correctly. It reads the information you have in that field and uses it. It leaves the last dot and the extension intact.

Just untick the filename part if you don't want to change it.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 04:20:48 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply - thought I might be missing something obvious (and I was).  Now back to mucking about with the Disc # tag and logic to use that in the file structure and displayed album name if present.

221bBS

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 04:33:42 pm »

For the Disc # I created a calculated field called "File Rename" and used an expression like this

([Disc #] - [Track #]) [Artist] - [Name]

When I use [File Rename] to rename my files it looks like this if [Disc #] is empty:

(5) Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Under The Bridge

If [Disc#] is filled it might look like this:
(1 - 5) Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Under The Bridge

I remember when i could use the expression ([Disc #] - [Track #]) [Artist] - [Name] and have almost the same result but now if the [Disc #] is empty it comes out looking something like this:

(Unknown Disc # - 5) Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Under The Bridge...be nice if they put it back the way it was...or have an option
Pages: [1]   Go Up