INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ipod + MC11: Synching Problem  (Read 1185 times)

cascius

• Galactic Citizen
Ipod + MC11: Synching Problem
« on: July 15, 2005, 03:33:22 pm »

I have a brand new Ipod photo 60gigs with the latest firmware. The way i synch my music is through 3 playlists: 5stars, 4stars and 3stars. Everything works as it should when i first plug in the ipod. Both the playlists and the songs are indeed transfered to the ipod and i can play everything.

The problem i have is as follow though: most times i plug in the ipod and MC is running, it deletes all the songs on my ipod and then starts synching again...
So it basically first deletes 4k songs and then puts the exact same somgs on the ipod right after. It takes a lot of time and doesn't make sense and takes forever obviously. :(

Any idea of what's going on?

Here are a few more info:

The playlists are smartlists and here's the code for them: (not sure if that has anything to do with it.)
[media type]=[audio] [Rating]=5 [File Type]=[mp3]
[media type]=[audio] [Rating]=4 [File Type]=[mp3]
[media type]=[audio] [Rating]=3 [File Type]=[mp3]

The music comes from a removable drive, but I haven't unplugged it for over a week. (not sure if that has anything to do with it.)

I use these settings:
Auto-sync only these playlists: 3/4/5stars
Auto-Delete Tracks... is Disabled

Code: [Select]
Media Center Registered 11.0.302 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2792 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1038 MB, Free - 218 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2668 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050430-1553) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Thanks in advance for the help,

- Olivier

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Ipod + MC11: Synching Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 08:12:29 am »

Hello Olivier,

What sync options do you have selected? Do you have 'Delete unselected files' checked and 'Sync data to PC'?

If you have 'Delete unselected files' checked, MC will delete any files from iPod that are not in selected playlists before sending whatever is selected. If you have 'Sync data to PC' checked, check the date and time you have set on the iPod. The decision of what to send and delete is affected by this and if you have the wrong time set, this can cause what you are seeing.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up