INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bookmarks in a playlist  (Read 984 times)

bfisher

• Recent member
bookmarks in a playlist
« on: July 15, 2005, 04:05:19 pm »

I would like (and have been unable to find a way) to play all the way through a playlist only 1 time, spread out over many days, without duplicating songs played previously.

I have 3 playlists with over 1000 songs on each.  I would like to pick up where it last left off (for example, today I played songs 1 to 33.  tomorrow I want to play 34 through 41.  next day 42 through 64. etc).

Is there a way to do this?  I can't find any way to do it, other than manually deleting songs off the playlist each time I'm finished (not an optimal way to do this).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: bookmarks in a playlist
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 04:14:54 pm »

Only way to do that is to keep the songs in "Playing Now" and dont delete em from there...MC should remember where u left off

bfisher

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 05:46:53 pm »

thanks... but that means I can't change playlists (or it messes up the Playing Now).

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 06:06:39 pm »

You could use a pen and a piece of paper and make notes.  ;D

... or you could clear the "Number Plays" fields (in Action Window > Tag Info > Number Plays) and make a smartlist that shows only the unplayed files in your playlist.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 06:34:39 pm »

If you don't like to clear the playcounts you could use this expression instead:

-[last played]=<=2880

It excludes the files played within the last 48 hours. Using the number 1440 would change it to 24 hours.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

bfisher

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 06:58:26 pm »

Thanks Alex - this (last suggestion, using last played) would work excellent for my needs.  I will work on implementing this!  Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up