INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio CD burning problem  (Read 1174 times)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Audio CD burning problem
« on: July 16, 2005, 06:45:51 am »

I collected some nice summer songs from my library and tried to burn an audio CD. All tracks were in MP3 format. I didn't bother to go my archives for finding lossless original CD rips. I added the files to a burn queue and enabled replay gain DSP because the tracks were from various sources. So far, so good.

However, after I started burning the prepare process halted at track number 10 of 18. I checked the list and noticed that the track number 10 happened to be a cue track. I tried to press cancel but it didn't help. MC is still showing "Cancelling, please wait..." several minutes later. I have enough temp space.

MC should be able to determine when some library files are not suitable for particular operation instead of hanging. Also, I don't understand what is difficult in burning audio CDs from cue tracks. MC can decode the files when they are played, why not when burning audio CDs. If I remember correctly CD burning was possible when the cue support was introduced, but something has obviously changed.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Audio CD burning problem
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 07:38:51 am »

After killing MC I replaced the problem track with another song and burned the CD successfully.

I hope that my library is still intact. I made some changes today and forgot to make a backup immediately. It was not a long time ago when I found that about 25000 cover art links were missing from my library. I had to return to an old backup, which was made four days and five library backups ago. After that I spent a couple of hours finding and remaking recent changes. MC's library can easily corrupt when the program hangs. Sometimes the corruption doesn't show up instantly.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 07:59:38 am »

the cue problem and mc does not hang itself up simply times in such a way is genuinly annoying,
unfortunately seems interests in it to have this to change.

For the moment you and/or us only the possibility does not importing cue files into the library. 
Then you do not come also into the embarrassment this to burn to want.  :o

the stupid to it is the this also accessed the titles of approx. 35 album/mixes with me excludes.  >:(
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 08:59:03 am »

I have 78 mix/live albums (1800 tracks) imported from CUE files. Most of them are in MP3 format. I have tagged all entries and I am not going to easily give up asking for improvements. I would like to have APL type link files for containing the tags and reducing various problems. MC is originally built for handling physical disc files. Most of the problems with the virtual CUE based tracks are caused by this fact.

Monkey's Audio APL files work better than CUE tracks with many MC operations.

If MP3/MPC/OGG APL files could be used with MC it would be simple to instruct using APL instead of CUE when people are discovering CUE problems.

MC could have an option for making the APL files automatically when CUE tracks are imported. Someone has made a small APL plug-in for Foobar that can do it very well. Some other programs have poorly working solutions, CUE plug-ins or things like "Subtracks". MC could do this better than the others.
Pages: [1]   Go Up