INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod Photo Always Deletes 100 Files Then Sync Them Again  (Read 1506 times)

gbdesai

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
iPod Photo Always Deletes 100 Files Then Sync Them Again
« on: July 18, 2005, 12:18:21 am »

I have two playlists setup.  Both are static.  One has 9506 songs in it.  The second playlist is effectively a subset of those tracks (56 tracks to be exact).  I am using 11.0.209 and when I sync those tracks (with the option selected to delete unselected files).  It will always delete 100 files during every sync and re-add those files during the same sync.  When I just sync the first playlist by itself, even if I sync over and over, this does not happen.

Also I am not seeing the playlists themselves transfer over, after I added the second playlist.  Any ideas?  This is all being done a 1.2 firmware with a restore using the Apple updater.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: iPod Photo Always Deletes 100 Files Then Sync Them Again
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 08:45:21 am »

Are you seeing a message about transferring duplicate files? If so, this is the problem. MC is unable to resolve which files to send and therefore is removing some and resending.

Also I am not seeing the playlists themselves transfer over, after I added the second playlist.

You mean the second playlist does not appear on the iPod after you disconnect it?

gbdesai

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 03:24:20 pm »

No I didn't see such a message.  It is always the same 100 files, but I can't find anything especially distinguishing about them. 

My playlist problem is not a problem.  After disconnecting the playlists show up.

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 09:32:57 am »

Do you have 'sync data to PC' checked?

gbdesai

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 12:15:05 am »

Yes, I do have that option checked.  Should I try without it checked?

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 01:32:55 pm »

Yes. Take note, are the tracks that are being resent rated the same on the iPod as they are in MC?

Madcow

• World Citizen
  • moo!
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 01:52:20 pm »

I had a case the other day whereby I noticed that MC had deleted ALL my ratings from my iPod.  All the songs were there, they were all rated in MC, but they had no ratings at all on the Pod.

Of course, when I resynced, it decided it needed to resend 4000+ songs because the ratings had changed (as it reinstated the ratings from MC to the Pod).  VERY annoying.

I'll let you know if I manage to recreate it.  It's definitely a bug of some sort but I haven't tracked it down yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up