INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlists, library server, and UPnP  (Read 750 times)

godavego

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Playlists, library server, and UPnP
« on: July 19, 2005, 07:14:18 am »

I use MC11 on my HTPC.  Not only does this machine feed my main media room with music and DVDs, but I have two other computers connected via the library server and two Rokus connected with UPnP.  My question concerns playlists.  My HTPC's only display is a front projection system, and there is generally no keyboard or mouse available.  To create playlists, I use VNC to connect from another computer and build up my playlists.  That works for me, but wife wants no part of it.  Is there a way to create playlists from a library server client and import them into the main server?  I suppose I could do some text editing on the client and import them into the server, but it would be nice if I could do it directly.  Right now, if I setup a playlist from a library server client, the playlist is only valid from that client.

My wife wants to be able to make playlists that are easily available via the Rokus and the main system.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Playlists, library server, and UPnP
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 09:31:40 am »

At the moment, no, you cannot create playlists on a client that are saved on the server.

Maybe make the wife's machine the server, since the HTPC has no keyboard?

j

godavego

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Playlists, library server, and UPnP
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 10:15:18 am »

No can do.  Her machine is a laptop, and I have > 250 Gig of WMA Lossless files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up