INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DB Expressions in a library field?  (Read 870 times)

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
DB Expressions in a library field?
« on: July 23, 2005, 08:55:09 pm »

Is is possible to DB expressions in a template for a calculated library field?

I want to extract the file creation date as a month value.  This seems to be the expression that would do it:  FormatDate([Date Created], MMMM: d, no date)

But all that does is put "FormatDate(2/23/2004 9:10 AM, MMMM: d, no date)" into the field.  It doesn't seem to have grasped that it was supposed to use the FormatDate function.  Is there some magic syntax or can DB expressions not be used here?

darichman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DB Expressions in a library field?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 10:22:44 pm »

Not yet, unfortunately.

But here's hoping this will get implemented in MC12 or the next major update, because I would really love to see this as well.

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 10:56:51 am »

Arrrgggh, there goes that idea.  Since the file timestamps aren't accessible I'd hope to be able to at least create some custom fields that could contain the calculated results.  No such luck it appears.  Since MC supports adding custom fields I'm thinking about using ones like "File Created (Date)" and "File Modified (Year)", essentially a set of them that parallels the actual content timestamps.  It'd be more helpful if MC tracked this data automagically but I could live with a media scheduler driven task that handles it.  Perhaps it's time for some .net plugin work...

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 11:31:01 am »

did u try my idea?
Pages: [1]   Go Up