INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Idea: MC12 Requests and MC12 Forum  (Read 77302 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Re: Idea: MC12 Requests and Forum (Exclusive)
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2005, 10:19:23 am »

Also, when in tagging mode, and i tick a box, it should cause a library refresh after it has finished saving to the tags. I shouldnt have to do it manually each time to see my changes.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2005, 12:49:58 pm »

The number one thing I'd like to see in 12 is a mode that will allow MC to run 2 playing nows, essentially for use at parties. 

When you add tracks to the second playing now list they play when the currently playing track is finished.  If the second playing now list is empty MC reverts back to the first list and continues until something is added to the second list.  This will allow you to play your selected playlist but still allow others to add tracks in between adhoc.  The current method of using 'Add as next to play' doesn't really work for this as the last one to be added always jumps to the top of the queue so the requests are not played in the order they were selected.

I like this idea.  The second playing now should simply be a smartlist that could either reference another playlist of individual songs or apply certain rules such as last played and ratings.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

LonWar

« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2005, 12:53:15 pm »

Advanced Tagging Mode = Accumulative Batch Tagging = the ability to make a number of changes to various tag fields on the same selection of file as a 'batch' THEN all saved at once when through.

Yes I know it was made to be safe for general users, but more advanced users may prefer power and speed to safety.

This would definately be appreciated!!
-

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2005, 12:36:31 am »

I would like too see an option that tells MC which field to use to group files for the "list style: album thumnbails" feature.

For example, I would want it to use my own field "photo album" for images, and for video, maybe I would use "director".

maruf_65

• Recent member
  • its all coming back to me
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2005, 03:13:01 am »

i would like to see an option for customize preview mode. i may be enable to customize how much time i wanna preview (suppose 1 min 1.30 min etc).

i also wanna see the option for controlling volume in theater mode

tranceConscious

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2005, 03:52:45 am »

I would definatelly love to see MC in "Mixing mode" with two decks, pitch control, support for two sound cards (one for playing and other for headphones) and a simple mixer style... so  I eventually get rid of traktor

fbcool

« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2005, 10:37:34 am »

Hi , I approve Glynor's requests!!!!

Here's my request:
what about an big impovement of the "client/server" ,allowing a direct access and no limitations to clients ?

for example:

- creating acounts and define limitations
- sharing clients over the web
- intranets clients allowed to externally locate the file from a client server (opening  with windows explorer)
- alowing to use "send to", "mail", etc....
- modidy fields
- convert
- brun CD & DVD

dear developpers , is the fix already plannedf? It could be so usefull!!!

thanx for all

lenin

« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2005, 01:00:37 pm »

[snipped improvements for htpc frontend]
Reading through the forums, [Theater View improvements do] not seem to be very high on the list of improvements most people would like to see in MC12.  I am not sure how many people are using MC for an HTPC frontend, but in my opinon the only thing the other programs have over MC is the interface.  What MC has under the hood though is just leaps and bounds better then anyone else.  It seems like a market MC could really make a big impact in.

I hope some focus can be put on this, but even if that is not the direction where JRiver is heading , I am sure I will still be using Media Center for a long time for all it's other great abilities.   

Agree.

I started using MJ8 because of the superior tagging and organization features compared to other mp3 players. I was pleased to see that MC10/11 introduced HTPC features. The HTPC frontend, however, could need some fixing up, as Temeryx points out.

Here are my suggestions:
o One click navigation in the menus (right arrow opens a sub menu, then you must press enter). I find this extremely irritating, especially when you have a rather deep tree structure... This of course holds only when you have changed views away from thumbs.
o The HTPC frontend seems so be oriented towards mouse as opposed to keyboards (or media pads).
o When playing DVDs in full screen, where is the DVD menu? I.e. subtitles which can be found by right clicking in the view in PowerDvd.
o When watching fullscreen TV, I would like to see more of the functionality as buttons (timeshift++)

Most of these are minor issues, but I have on several occasions had to play DVDs in other apps so that i could change options...

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2005, 01:09:53 pm »

Direct support of the SnapStream Firefly remote control. With that, I would be a really happy guy!

gentleolas

• Recent member
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2005, 01:28:19 pm »

MJ 9 allowed you to open the Playing Now as a separate window .  I want that feature back.  Just a small window open of my playing now list is perfecto for me.

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2005, 08:08:16 pm »

I just started using gloonet to stream songs from my PC to my Treo (Palm smartphone).  It also allows me to access all the photos on my PC using just a browser on my Treo.  Very cool app!  It installs on the PC and works with a central server.  Nothing gets installed on the Treo itself. 

I'd strongly prefer using MC to do this.  Just get rid of the requirement of having an MC installed at the client.  This would fit nicely into MC's all media/all devices vision.

mobyfrag

• World Citizen
« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2005, 04:57:45 am »

Hi

I suggest the possibility to translate all the texts, labels, prompts, etc to other languages, and simplify de translate option or give us the language option when MC wass installing.

Tks

I agree! According to a basic commercial logic: more MediaCenter will be available in many languages, more the users will be numerous. It is really important.  ::)

The currently available method (for the translations) is antiquated
(or almost).  :o

Galley

• Galactic Citizen
  • Insert witty text here
« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2005, 05:48:56 pm »

All I want is an AAC encoder so I don't have to use iTunes to import discs anymore, and support for Protected RealAudio 10 (.rax) files.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2005, 12:21:44 am »

I figure now is the time since JRiver is probably whiteboarding it.  Please add some of these ideas to that board.

* Album Thumbnail pop up window (media library) that lists tracks which can be selected for playing now.  This feature should pop up (over the selection) like the old action window did when the mouse is single clicked on the thumbnail. The pop up would go away when the mouse moves off the pop up.

* Add Vertical Split Views.

* Add a locked split view option.  Most of the time I would lock the now playing view and then navigate with the other view.  I don’t want to worry about what view currently has focus.

* Speed up Scrolling in column views.  It should scroll like the tree view does.  MC is the only app I have that lags behind when scrolling.

* Add a dynamic ‘switch track’ playback option.  When playing albums I prefer gapless and when playing a mix I prefer a cross fade of 5 seconds.  MC is smart enough to know the difference between an album and a mix so this should be possible (make it customizable).

* Assign a font size for each view scheme.  Less panes larger fonts vs. more panes smaller fonts.  These 2 schemes ‘would’ be useful depending upon how far you are from the T.V. if this were implemented.  Right now you have to switch fonts in the option’s menu system.

* Add option for ALL library fields to not be editable from the primary interface.  The ‘tagging mode instructions’ dialogue that currently pops up should be applicable to all tagging modes/fields and not just the check boxes.  There also needs to be a way to switch back to non tagging mode without having to restart MC as it currently is now. MC is just way too easy to change a field somewhere and not even realize it has. Please add.

* Select Panes in any order, not just from left to right as it is right now.  Normally I have the year pane before the artist.  It would be cool if I could select some artists and the year pane only showed those artist years.  As of now I would have to right click – edit view scheme and change the order. This is very annoying since I would then have to change it back afterwards.

* Top display area should be able to minimize to the size of the bottom tool bar which could save about 10% screen real estate to allow for greater viewing areas.  The minimized view could still have all of the primary features just not a giant display area.  This is important when having a high def wide screen T.V. since most are only 768 pixels high thus the ‘display’ area shows up really large and is unnecessary.

* Design a second ‘playing now queue’ with smartlist capabilities that is started after the normal “playing now’ is done and is NOT on repeat.   A really cool feature could be the last played song in the first playing now causes random songs by that artist or year to be played.

* Add dynamic playlists on the iPod.

* Ability to use the MC interface to wirelessly stream music to a media receiver.  Right now you can only use the receiver’s interface which is cumbersome.

* Bring back those Tiny Thumbnails in the Media Library.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2005, 06:05:38 am »

* Revisit tagging with an eye towards using standard fields where they exist.

* Disable double click editing of fields in Playng Now. Have a tagging mode.

* Finish/extend CUE support.

* Extend APL functionality to all formats.

* Rework Menus- Library functions, for example are under Tools and File

* Add MSN "What I'm Listening To' ability (I know a plugin is available)

* Add the functions of the most popular plugins natively. Orphans are bad...

sonicbox

• Recent member
Re: Idea: MC12 Requests and MC12 Forum
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2005, 12:20:54 pm »

* Support multiple names for Artist and Composer fields in WMA.  (Actually, any field that supports it.)  Even though I have everything tagged with multiple names, I can't see anything but the first artist or composer in MC 11.   :(  I can't even see them to move them to a custom field.

* "Use MP3 ID3v2 TPE2 as Artist Album" for compatibility with Microsoft media product behavior and ID3v2 tag tools. This can be optional.  (Current MC Album Artist is stored as a special proprietary comment for MP3 files and can't be seen by anything but MC.)

* Support for multiple names in standard Composer & Artist fields in MP3 ID3v2, too. Right now I see it as one big text item. The ID3v2 standard allows for multiple names in text tags stored with "/" as a delimeter.   See http://www.id3.org/id3v2.3.0.html#TCOM   I know I can add custom fields to do something similar, but why add more when it can be standard?  This can be optional, too.

* More use of other standard MP3 ID3v2 tags whenever possible!

* Make it easy for WMP 10 users to get everything they had and more in Media Center.

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2005, 05:51:48 am »

Few simple ones:
- deselect-possibility when ripping a c.d. (default is now that all is selected - if you want just one track to be ripped you've got to manually deselect all the others)
- 'next'-button in data-cd-burning mode better visible for all screen resolutions
- more burning-possibilities (copy CD for instance)
- hotkeys for backing up (Ctrl-B)
- more logical way to import a playlist (only way I know how to do it is by rightclicking a playlist in Microsoft's Explorer...)
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

twentworth22

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2005, 07:21:26 am »

I'd really like to see MC access Rhapsody as a "virtual metadata" repository.  I like to be able to use MC to access my Rhapsody streams via the Rhapsody UPNP interface and combine it w/ my MC native music to have a single application to get all my music.  I would expect MC to handle all the tagging and just use Rhapsody to play the streams.

At least Rhapsody can combine everything into a single view, although everything else about it is terrible.

The feature request should really allow MC to access any UPNP server(s) and combine them into a single view.

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2005, 11:36:52 am »

How about the ability to treat portable hd's like an ipod, so that you can synch last played and no of plays data (from the portable hd) to your main drive at the end of a long hard day.

dNj

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2005, 08:41:41 pm »

I would like another set of 3 rateable stars, next to the word genre.  So that we can rate tracks for that particular genre.

For MC to recognize multiple cover art that is located inside the albums folder.  For example if I have the album/cover art files
Colette - Hypnotized - Front
Colette - Hypnotized - Back

Could MC import/attach the front cover to even tracks and back cover to odd tracks

dcpete

• World Citizen
Support for Third Party Media Player in XP
« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2005, 05:10:54 pm »

I notice that MC 11 does not register itself completely in regards to the "Set Program Access and Defaults" menu in Windows XP.  This option can be found under "Start Menu/Set Program Access and Defaults" with Windows XP SP1 and higher.  The purpose of this option is to be able to replace the default middleware app, such as Microsoft's Media Player, with an alternate third party middleware app, such as J River Media Center.  On my system, I notice that Quicktime and iTunes, both support this option, while MC does not.

Here is a link in MSDN on how to properly register MC - Registering Programs with Client Types.   See the section titled - Registering Installation Information.

Thanks, Chris

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #121 on: August 04, 2005, 08:47:14 am »

Quick and simple, can you change the date format to yyyy-mm-dd? It saves me bags of time trying to find the most recent one.
Mark Coutinho

EpF

« Reply #122 on: August 04, 2005, 09:17:26 am »

Quick and simple, can you change the date format to yyyy-mm-dd? It saves me bags of time trying to find the most recent one.

By which you mean the date format for Library Backup file-naming, right?  ;)

RobOK

• long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
« Reply #123 on: August 04, 2005, 09:47:06 am »

* More work around photo usability...

* photo tags saved to IPTC and Adobe XMP tagging formats 

[EDIT: link to another thread on XMP format: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=29031.0 ]

* ability to suppress existing JRiver tags to jpegs (as long as it can be written to IPTC/XMP format)

* full editing of IPTC data in photos

* thumbnail view size changeable with slider bar

* seperate "Rename from properties" settings for images vs. audio files

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2005, 01:52:33 am »

By which you mean the date format for Library Backup file-naming, right?  ;)

Yes, that's what I mean.
Mark Coutinho

runemail

• World Citizen
  • Soft Rock
« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2005, 04:58:51 pm »

Support for iPod color/photo
And better gain control.
When i connect my iPod i want this to happen:
Start MC(if not already running)-Connect-AutoSync-Diconnect iPod.

Theater view is kind of useless as a HTPC frontend in my opinion. At least put the library browser in there, too hard to browse the library with the current Theather view. Maybe it would be better to let some other frontend like Mediaportal (or windows MCE  ;)) use MC as a engine or connect to a MC media server. Maybe JRiver should develop this as a separate app/frontend that connects to a MC server(Port this to windows mobile or linux and we could have MC on phones or (cheap)powerful media recivers)?

Improved handling of photos.

More user control over the layout of MC (add,remove,rearrange and customize tree, panes and right click menu. More buttons in toolbars(sync/disconnect iPod))

I wish J.river or someone else could provide a similar service to Audioscrobbler for MC that worked directly with the MC database, kind of like the MCXMLExport/Xalbum plugin on stereoids. A browsable library that updates with playcounts and playtimes, and also have a frontend kind of like AS but more configurable. It would also be cool for those who write blogs to have all the tracks played every day written in their blog/calendar.

I belive this could be useful for video as well. Coupled with a Imdb tagger for video. videoscrobbler ? (My girfriend prefers light romatic comedys, and she watches them over and over again. So my profile would look kind of gay, "not that its anything wrong with that"(Seinfeld))

Putting all this together with picture/thumbnail hosting of my photos could put MC miles ahead of the competition.

(Those features would require some web hosting, but some advertising might bring the costs down? I would not mind paying for extra for this)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2005, 08:48:21 pm »

I second risingdamp's request. (See quotes below).  It is the same request I've made in version 10 & 11. 

I have to throw in my support on some version of this as well.  The "first-queued, first-played" style of now-playing ordering would be extremely useful for those of us who use MC to DJ.  I personally wouldn't want it to be complicated at all (I'm not so sure about the 2 playing now list thing).  Instead, it would be more useful if the "Add to Playing Now" functionality could be modified a slight bit (or maybe a new option under Send to --> Play).

As it is, if I double click on a list of files it begins playing the list in order (as it should).  If I then select a file and choose Add to Playing Now it goes to the very end of the list.  What I'd like is for it to put the song just under the currently playing track if all the others in the list were auto-queued at the beginning of playback (similar to Add as Next to Play).  If some files were manually added previously (by adding them using any of the Send to --> Play options) then the new file should be queued just under them.  Maybe you could call it "Send to Playing Now (Smart-Queue)"
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

LonWar

« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2005, 06:41:17 am »

Some work with the Convert Formats...

I Use 3 formats,
Ape,        Library
mp3 160 -IPod
wma 69  - Work

I rip cd to ape, then use the convert twice to get the other formats.
Would be good to be able to set it up to do more then 1 format at a time....
-

Click Cardo

• Recent member
« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2005, 10:02:27 pm »

It would be great if they could make it work with PFS services like Yahoo Unlimited and Napster To Go for handhelds.

pank2002

« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2005, 02:22:29 pm »

* Select Panes in any order, not just from left to right as it is right now.  Normally I have the year pane before the artist.  It would be cool if I could select some artists and the year pane only showed those artist years.  As of now I would have to right click – edit view scheme and change the order. This is very annoying since I would then have to change it back afterwards.

* Add dynamic playlists on the iPod.

Amen!

—-

True iPod support (Now all ‘grown up’ models have color screen and thus photo support)

Support for iPod shuffle

Album View

A build-in beer-cooler plugin... IMO you don’t have to add support for Budweiser, but Carlsberg is a must!
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

Tanguero

• World Citizen
« Reply #130 on: August 28, 2005, 07:56:49 am »

I would like the possibility to run two instances of MC at the same time, addressing two different soundcards. This would be great for DJ:ing, allowing me to use one card for the speakers and one for the headphones (e.g. for proof-of-concept listening of the next few tracks).

It would be even better if the two instances could use different skins so I can see which is which.

nxgn1

« Reply #131 on: August 31, 2005, 12:31:00 pm »

I would love to see mobile dj functions in this software its so good and if you had better dj functions im sure many digital dj's would come your way.

ForsakenArdor

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I hate Jay Leno.
« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2005, 02:13:14 am »

I'd like a new smartlist tool that could be added onto the current duplicates command.  I want to be able to exclude the duplicates of songs that have been played within, say a week or so and the time could be adjusted.  Currently, I haven't figured out how to do the math on that myself with what's already available.  You could call it "duplicates of songs last played."  It would have the drop down menu for include/exclude, a field for duplicate type ([name],[artist] OR [name],[composer] is what I use) and there would be another field you could enter the amount of minutes like all the other time-based smartlist commands.  This would be useful to me because I tend to synchronize every day to keep a fresh playlist and the next day I would hear a different version of a song I just heard the day before.

Also, maybe there could be a checkbox for a duplicate priority to play the duplicates with the lowest playcount first.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #133 on: September 01, 2005, 03:15:01 am »

Drag and Drop in the tree like it was in MC 10. It was faster than win explorer.

The visual cue (red bar in the thunderbird skin)  in the tree made it very easy to know where the target is. In MC 11 it's (that red bar) not there and if you scroll beyond the viewable area, scroll bar and display are not in sync.

Absurrrd

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2005, 04:20:23 pm »

Bring back the WINAMP PLUGIN support. I've asked about why this stopped and if it's coming back several times in the plugin section and have never gotten any kind of official answer regarding the status of this. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could address this issue.
                                                             Chris

RobOK

• long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
« Reply #135 on: September 09, 2005, 09:04:59 am »

Support for XSPF ("spiff") - XML Shareable Playlist format.  This is for sharing PLAYLISTS, not the music itself.

See http://xspf.org/

Here is a post from one of the creators of the format:
http://www.gonze.com/weblog/story/9-2-5#9-2-5

and here is a blog post for background if interested from Marc Canter  (original founder of Macromedia I think):
http://marc.blogs.it/archives/2005/09/xspf_phase_ii.html

It would allow exchanging between people of playlists, posting to websites or blogs, "whats playing now" type lists,  future uses of matching users based on similar playlists.  This is an open implementation of iTunes online list features.

Again, this is not music sharing, but list sharing.  I think this could really make MC a tool more integrated with the greater environment of all the music and social tools out there.  Some sort of linkage to flickr or del.ico.us type sites.

EDIT:  a bit more on this.  Yahoo Music Engine has the best implementation of this so far.   People can share playlists as XSPF links.  If now I could read XSPF with MC, I could then play that play list and any songs in my library would fill in.  Any songs NOT in my library I would get an option to BUY from my default music shopping service (be it iTunes, Yahoo, Napster or whatever).  This assumes that those services support XSPF too which is a big assumption).  But I think MC shoudl add momentum to this movement.

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2005, 02:46:46 pm »

- Resume
- Command for Start TV --> "Media Editor.exe  -TV" for example
- Click in Full Screen View --> Pause
- in Handheld Player , button for Examinate Folder and Files directly
- TV teletext , Tv Order for Number
- Pad or joystick control media center :D
- change key shortcurts

sorry for my english  , and Thx for this amazing program

I have the same english, sorry !

I hope, for me, MC with :

- all formats audio (acc, accPLUS, ....) and all formats video
- linguage packs (french, spanish, german, ...)

Thanks.
Merci !

stefansmith

• Junior Woodchuck
  • 1.2TB - 3500 albums - FLACs
« Reply #137 on: September 19, 2005, 08:50:12 am »

1. Native support for FLAC (yeah, yeah, I've said it before).
2. Internet radio needs an overhaul.

sdcoochie8

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2005, 03:39:55 pm »

I would also like to second imjustagamer's thought. It would be great if MC could perform multiple encodes of various formats at once if requested by user. If you rip your CD and want an Archival copy in APE or FLAC but at the same time you want a copy in MP3 for your portable device and an MPC copy for your computer it could do all three one after another without multiple conversions. There is a command line type program that works with various rippers out there like EAC or CDEX called MAREO that does just this.

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2005, 12:55:18 am »

idem for YADB and CDDB .... or other database !

.... and MC11, MC12 must import correctly the files *.m3u, *.pls ! (Itunes, Foobar, Vuplayer, Core media Player, Media Player Classic, Media Player Creativesources Appollo, DpowerAmp, RealPlayer... do that without problem !)

negopus

• Galactic Citizen
  • Negopus: negotium, otium et opus
« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2005, 04:55:10 am »

Relational database

Artist and Album info should be stored in separate relational tables. When changing Artist or Album info, those would propagate on all track by that artist or in that album.

Marty3d

« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2005, 03:30:08 am »

Relational database

Artist and Album info should be stored in separate relational tables. When changing Artist or Album info, those would propagate on all track by that artist or in that album.

I second this! A big plus would be to finally have charts over your music like in the real world, instead of the now very limited "number of plays" and "Last played" fields.
Then you could view dynamic charts like:
top nn each week/month/year/custom date

The current system only allows you to see when a song was last played because of the non-relational db.

It would be like an offline last.fm experience with more functionality!

runemail

• World Citizen
  • Soft Rock
« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2005, 06:22:35 am »

I second this! A big plus would be to finally have charts over your music like in the real world, instead of the now very limited "number of plays" and "Last played" fields.

The current system only allows you to see when a song was last played because of the non-relational db.

Yes please!

This would be great and might actually atract som new users.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2005, 01:05:42 pm »

Then again who's really offline these days?  Don't have broadband?  Get it!

jaguar.x

• Junior Woodchuck
  • no matter what you do...
« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2005, 01:12:42 pm »

One of the best features that I could find in the new version of MC is bidirectional syncronization with portable devices, I have a Rio Karma but I'm planning to move to another one such as Creative Labs Zen.

I do not like the Music Manager provided by Rio, it does not have all the coolest things of MC
______
...for every begin there is another end to keep on beginning...

Marty3d

« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2005, 01:32:08 pm »

Then again who's really offline these days?  Don't have broadband?  Get it!

Well...since JRiver doesn't have an user database for storing such things, it really doesn't matter if you're online or not :) Besides, it's cooler to have the stats/lists within MC than on a sluggish web page like last.fm...not that I don't like it, it's fabulous!

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2005, 01:36:49 pm »

I agree that they should have a relational database and Im sure that will come in the next few versions.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2005, 01:55:09 pm »

A big plus would be to finally have charts over your music like in the real world, instead of the now very limited "number of plays" and "Last played" fields.

I like the idea and would like to extend it so i can have my own charts drawn giving user specific data. Its getting tedious to explort library, then do this in excel :(

examples like % in time of music from different genres as a whole.

yannl

• Junior Woodchuck
  • :-)
« Reply #148 on: September 30, 2005, 03:33:31 am »

Important things to change:

1. better design, maxi and especially mini view (did not change since MJ7!!)
2. better plugin / skin integration. Like a list of plugins from the start page that install / uninstall easily. Not external exe files and forum search...
3. web media... radio and stuff. Did not change since MJ7...
4. Integration of lyrics and image finder within MC12 ;-)

And for jriver marcom dept generally: IMHO you should really clean up and update your websites, they are a bit messy (MC, MJ, JRiver etc), and change your branding... media center is really a too general term (and the name of a windows edition...).

In short, MC is still the best player ever, but needs some basic brainstorming on it's very roots I think.

And of course I can't wait to test the next builds  8)
Yann L<br>________________________<br><br>Dans la vie, il faut faire comme le canard;<br>Etre calme en surface et pédaler comme un fou en profondeur (

negopus

• Galactic Citizen
  • Negopus: negotium, otium et opus
« Reply #149 on: September 30, 2005, 05:15:54 pm »

I have collected a series of ideas for MC12, I wrote them down and posted them all together in this forum, in a few consecutive posts. This forum is made for discussion, and only a few ideas at a time are dealt with. People only read the last messages in a thread. I think have made a mistake posting them all together. I am going to delete all the previous posts and resubmit them one at a time, with some days between them, allowing some discussion on each one.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up